Nice work UFone

A few days ago I got a call from someone which I didn't want to receive. So I simply ignored it. That person called three times but I didn't pick up the phone and the phone kept ringing (or may be I disconnected every time don't remember exactly).

After that I got a message from UFone that if you want to block unwanted calls then simply send SMS to bla bla bla.....

Isn't this clever thinking by UFone!? I liked it. I mean if a person is not picking up calls then it could be unwanted call so they sent me SMS right after that haha

Another thing happened today. I didn't have balance and went to their website to check how to get ULoan or UAdvance of Rs.15 whatever they call it. And right after I visited that page I got an SMS from Ufone about that ULoan thingy haha!

Now the question arises how did they get my number as I just visited their website? It could be that I was once registered online....that online SMS you send...and they may have stored a cookie in my browser...and when I visited that page...they sent me SMS.....but that's a long shot and it could be coincidence :D

1st feature about unwanted calls is of course incredible, if it is....

but I believe the second one was just a co-incidence with you.

Now a days I have been keeping my ufone number turned on for a call (expecting a call on that number) and I have received an sms quite some times about uloan. I was sure that it's due to the low balance in my ufone account. but it was surprising to see that same sms arrived again when I've already got around Rs.100/- in balance.... I believe it was a stupidity of their system... May be Ufone is doing hard there....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I didn’t have balance and went to their website to check how to get ULoan or UAdvance of Rs.15 whatever they call it. And right after I visited that page I got an SMS from Ufone about that ULoan thingy haha!

[/quote]

When I do not have balance in my uFone sim, I usually receive a message from ufone regarding uloan. So the sms was probably triggered by your low balance, not with you visiting ufone’s website.

Also, similar to the case mentioned by KA, I was receiving a ‘low balance’ sms from ufone, even when I had recharged. This was happening since last 2 months, but now it seems to have been fixed.

When I do not have balance in my uFone sim, I usually receive a message from ufone regarding uloan. So the sms was probably triggered by your low balance, not with you visiting ufone’s website.

[/quote]

I had low balance for more than 4,5 days.

Yup.. visiting dere site nd u gettin the sms is a coincidence.. but one thing i dont like is that once i was in my class nd i got this call from 0333.. i thought its my sis calling from uk nd probz something urgent or sumfing, cuz when she calls i get a wierd numba on my screen.

But to my surprise when i left my lecture and recieved the call there was a nice lady in her robotonic voice talking about getting Umusic for only 4.99 per day... I really got pissed by this stupid marketing strategy.

Sms is okay but c'mon.. calling us for advertizment..FFS

It's confirmed that it was a coincidence because I didn't found any cookie stored by Ufone in my browser.

But it could be a good idea and telecom companies should take note. Or better yet hire me at Rs.500,000 per month salary and I will give them more ideas.

It’s confirmed that it was a coincidence because I didn’t found any cookie stored by Ufone in my browser.

But it could be a good idea and telecom companies should take note. Or better yet hire me at Rs.500,000 per month salary and I will give them more ideas.

[/quote]

They dont need to hire you for this… when i am offering the same service at 250,000 PKR per month only !! :D

They dont need to hire you for this… when i am offering the same service at 250,000 PKR per month only !! :D

[/quote]

Why you are laat maring on my rozi :expressionless: