New year resolutions

with prevailing unending power loadshedding marathons i haven't yet been able to think a bit constructive. don't know if you all had made any?

Leave Pakistan for good and hope that I could survive out there :(

You have no idea how sad I would feel that day I leave this country but there is no hope left here. That's my new year's resolution

my new year resolution would be 1280x800 .. sorry if sounds corny but couldnt resist :P

i learnt alot in "Pardise". Life is like nothing. "Door kay dhool shuny hoty hain.. pass ja kar kan bajtay hain.".

You can not imagine how it feels when your miss your family, your friends, all the masti you left behind.

@topic

None

@ devnull

That was funny. :D

@ slave

The "masti" is only for teenage years (when you are growing up and someone else has to pay). Whether living in Pakistan or abroad, there is no more "masti" in life when someone has to do 9 to 5 job with extra hours daily.

I live in Pakistan. I have to work 7 days a week and almost 10+ hours daily (even more). I am still hand to mouth, because I prefer neither to do rishwat/commision work for government nor do anything that is "it's ok because everybody is doing" OR a government job.

If I am in some western country than that will be norm (to live law abiding life) but in Pakistan everybody tells me that I am an idiot who do not take "opportunities to earn more because it's OK what every body is doing".

I don't miss my family, friends in Pakistan then why I am going to miss them if I am not in Pakistan.

I am currently a slave to government, I am working and paying indirect taxes to government (that is decedent of British Raj).

If I am in foreign country then I'll be slave of white-skin people, and doing same job but at least I'll have some basic rights to live.

At least in foreign countries, I'll not have to give rishwat from driving license to weapon license and what not.

I will not leave this country, and seek refuge in western countries

I will suffer the hardships in this country

Even if I wanted to leave Pakistan and go elsewhere, It wouldn't be possible until I get admission in a university

So, my new year resolution is to be a good and religious person and to enjoy life more

to get laid..

jokes apart, most of us will forget by the 1st of next month about our resolution, so why bother.

but i was serious.. to get laid. :|

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

with prevailing unending power loadshedding marathons i haven’t yet been able to think a bit constructive. don’t know if you all had made any?
[/quote]

define constructive thinking.

to get laid…

jokes apart, most of us will forget by the 1st of next month about our resolution, so why bother.

but i was serious… to get laid. :expressionless:

[/quote]

I agree with you Thats what mostly happens

@ slave

The “masti” is only for teenage years (when you are growing up and someone else has to pay). Whether living in Pakistan or abroad, there is no more “masti” in life when someone has to do 9 to 5 job with extra hours daily.

I live in Pakistan. I have to work 7 days a week and almost 10+ hours daily (even more). I am still hand to mouth, because I prefer neither to do rishwat/commision work for government nor do anything that is “it’s ok because everybody is doing” OR a government job.

If I am in some western country than that will be norm (to live law abiding life) but in Pakistan everybody tells me that I am an idiot who do not take “opportunities to earn more because it’s OK what every body is doing”.

I don’t miss my family, friends in Pakistan then why I am going to miss them if I am not in Pakistan.

I am currently a slave to government, I am working and paying indirect taxes to government (that is decedent of British Raj).

If I am in foreign country then I’ll be slave of white-skin people, and doing same job but at least I’ll have some basic rights to live.

At least in foreign countries, I’ll not have to give rishwat from driving license to weapon license and what not.

[/quote]

What are you talking about, hahaha, forget about the rights. Either you accept it or not. but “white Khal” Never gives you the place which you deserve. You are not slave to the government, you are working for your own people its really gives a pride, every one says like this before leaving the Pakistan “kiya parha hai idhar”. But once you reach on the foreign land, then you get released that what you have done. In Pakistan we can hear all about Pakistan even some times “bad words” but on “White Khal’s land” you can not tolerate a single word, once in my university an “american gora son of $%#$%@$#” used abusive language for my land. I was out of my edge and beat him so badly that he will never again try to use such language for Pakistan.

Here in Pakistan every one says. We will not miss our family, these things. Loadshedding etc, but brother every one does. Masti is masti and it is not limited up to teenagers. Will ask you to that day. When you will make a call to your friends and they tell you, what they are doing, how they are enjoying life there. And you are lying on bed, alone in your apartment.

at last i have collected some here as under;

http://zaheeriqbal.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-year-resolutions-to-choose-from.html

don't know how to choose one from the list

every thing depends on many things, and nothing is perfect in this world. can't get 100% everywhere.

My new year resolution will be to enter in online markiting stuff and make some income out of it and learn so much... but haven'n made a plan how to do this all :(