New UPS Suggestions

Hey Everyone.
I'm planning to install a new UPS for my home use....
I have searched the market a little bit and came out that cyber power is going with a good reputation in the market...
I need to know the following things....
Is Cyber Power really good ?
Secondly I'll be running 3 fans and 4 to 6 energy savers fans may come up to 4 if guests arrive...
Some People suggested Me to opt for Cyber Power or any other 2 KVA UPS with atleast 2 135 AMP Batteries for more back up and power....

What about the wiring ? How should it be open at home and how should the UPS should be set ? As I have heard that electricians mess up with the UPS during installation and making faulty before using it ?
I have read in the forum that we need to buy a separate charger with the UPS Inverter as it does not charge the batteries itself ? I didn't hear such things from any other in the market kindly also shed some light on it too....
thanks & regards in advance.

1 - Cyberpower is quite good.. APC is also excellent

2 - a minimum of 2x 165AH batteries should be used considering our loadshedding times

3 - Ask your electrician to do double wiring, neutral separate wire.. he should understand this.

4 - use good quality heavy wire , , 40x76 should be good enough, preferably from a good company eg pakistan cable

5 - no, with APC and cyberpower you donot require separate charger.

Computer UPS like APC and Cyber power aren't designed for home use. That is their chargers are designed to work with smaller batteries not the massive ones people here hook onto them. As a result charging will be slower. MAybe that is why they suggested you buy a separate charger?

They are not built by factory to work as home ups, but here, they are hardware modified to run at faster charging rate and work fine with local larger capacity batteries.

there are different models of the APC that can work upto a high battery size.. 1500VA are fine with running 2x 165AH batteries.. the 2200VA and above are ok with 4x 185AH.. for larger and more than 4 batteries, the XL models are FACTORY designed to work with ten sets of batteries and have very high charging rates of upto 22amps, which is overkill for our local batteries, and perfect fro HQ dry imported batteries..

Cyberpower are designed to work as home ups.. but their cost is much much higher than a comparable feature set of AC.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:4, topic:20322”]

Cyberpower are designed to work as home ups.. but their cost is much much higher than a comparable feature set of AC.

[/quote]

No this is not true. No one outside Pakistan uses home UPS so this cannot be true. It also makes me doubt the other things you've said.

[quote=“rokra, post:5, topic:20322”]

No this is not true. No one outside Pakistan uses home UPS so this cannot be true. It also makes me doubt the other things you've said.

[/quote]

^ are you kidding? Seriously?

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:20322”]

^ are you kidding? Seriously?

[/quote]

No I am not kidding.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:2, topic:20322”]

1 - Cyberpower is quite good.. APC is also excellent

2 - a minimum of 2x 165AH batteries should be used considering our loadshedding times

3 - Ask your electrician to do double wiring, neutral separate wire.. he should understand this.

4 - use good quality heavy wire , , 40x76 should be good enough, preferably from a good company eg pakistan cable

5 - no, with APC and cyberpower you donot require separate charger.

[/quote]

Reference point 2 and 3 and 5..

if i use 2 x 125 / 135 AH batteries ??

and plz elaborate about this Double wiring / neutral separate wire , i didnt understand this phenomena ....

some ppl r talking about separate charger , wats the use of that and do i need it ? ...

APC or cyberpower ? ?

1 - with either apc or cyber power, you may not need an external charger, if you buy big enough batteries and your power consumption at night is little, .. then they will fully charge overnight and give you a decent amount of backup in the day.

2 - external DESI chargers will burn your batteries very quickly, as they will overcharge them. imported proper external chargers are better as they will protect the batteries from overcharging but they are very limited in availablilty and expensive.

3 - it is always better to buy the biggest battery you can afford.. saving a couple of 1000s will result in severe torture in loadshedding in future.

4 - explaining in simplest non scientific form here.. just for elaboration only..

in all circuits there is a red wire, a black and sometimes a green earth wire.. the red wire brings the current, the black wire takes it back.. that is how on/off switch work, when they break this circuit. our desi ups are mostly designed to work on just the red wire, which brings and takes back the current in the same wire..this is single wired wiring and this is absolutely not recommend in which the blacke neutral wire is not used at all...APC will not work without a seperate neutral wire.. if your house already has neutral seperate wiring for UPS you are good to go.. if not, you will only need to add a black neutral wire to your ups connected buttons so that a proper wapda like circuit is achieved..

What is the disadvantage of connecting UPS to neutral of utility?? Why need a separate neutral for UPS

^ Short circuit..

My CYBERPOWER ups burnt and gave smoke maybe due to short circuit while electrition working in DB.

Can you guys guide me if this is repairable?

The electritian said only fuse needs to be changed.