New/Upcoming Games Discussions

It will make use of "exclusive" features only on NVIDIA :P

Yeah, you can FU to CDR Projekt for that too :lol:

[quote=“Upsilon, post:488, topic:14786”]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNV3V_-9h4

Dayyum, that's some engine right there. :blink:

[/quote]

This is... Unbelievable... Those Mofo games developed on this would probably require a quad SLI Titan with 1500W PSu..

PS: Dat Engine..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]e6f1b6425e516a450d1d18ee7c193fafd7b55144[/quote]

[quote=“Upsilon, post:500, topic:14786”]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18dker_cgr-trailers-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-vgx-gameplay-trailer_videogames

Can't believe i missed out on this. Eyegasm anyone? B)

[/quote]

wow,

but the trailer says "the last part of the legend" it means they are winding up the series.

[quote=“jDk, post:501, topic:14786”]

It will make use of "exclusive" features only on NVIDIA :P

Yeah, you can FU to CDR Projekt for that too :lol:

[/quote]

As long as it's playable. I'm not really into watching physics-based flying trash. :P

[quote="Ahmsun, post:503, topic:14786"]

wow,

but the trailer says "the last part of the legend" it means they are winding up the series.

[/quote]

No, they are winding up Geralt's Story, but this is not the last game in the Witcher series. Just like how ME3 was the last game of Shepard's story, but a new ME game with a new protagonist is in production now.

That's a good thing IMO. CDPR makes awesome RPGs, and they shouldn't waste such a popular IP like Witcher.

Personally, although I'm very interested in Witcher 3, I'm more interested in their new IP "Cyberpunk 2077", i think that game is going to blow us away, or so i hope. :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC release date is January 9

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will be released for the PC on January 9, 2014, publisher Konami has confirmed.

The game has been priced at $29.99, but is available to preorder for $19.99 for the next 48 hours as part of the Steam holiday sale. The PC version includes the game's VR missions, Jetstream, and Bladewolf DLC previously made available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game.

On the PC, users will be able to set their resolution and anti-aliasing options, as well as a Zandeki option that lets you set how many cuts Raiden is able to make.

Preloads of the game will begin on January 3.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was first released for PS3 and 360 in February 2013.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-pc-release-date-is-january-9/1100-6416808/

[/quote]

If it's anything like the new DmC, then I'm all in for this. B)

which dmc is available on PC which will bring me up to speed with the main story and is fun in gameplay? just finishing resi 6 today.. in mood for something different..

Now this was the biggest heartbreak for me last year when they denounced the PC version. Great to know there will be a PC version.
I think now they need to be back on PC it will certainly help rise the rating of the overall series also.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:506, topic:14786”]

which dmc is available on PC which will bring me up to speed with the main story and is fun in gameplay? just finishing resi 6 today.. in mood for something different..

[/quote]

Well... there's the original Devil May Cry series, and then there's the reboot. The original series never seemed much appealing to me, but i loved the reboot. So i recommend you play the new DmC game. You'll get the story from the beginning (although it has been modified from the original DMC series).

[quote="Ahmsun, post:507, topic:14786"]

Now this was the biggest heartbreak for me last year when they denounced the PC version. Great to know there will be a PC version.

I think now they need to be back on PC it will certainly help rise the rating of the overall series also.

[/quote]

Yeah well I hope this sells well so that they also port Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. That game looks quite appealing to me. It's the first open-world MGS game, and it just seems high-quality to me. B)

I'm kinda shocked to find out that GTA V STILL hasn't been officially announced for PC. I mean like WTF? :wacko:

Oh well, can anyone give me a short summary of all the important gaming news since December (if any)?

[quote=“Upsilon, post:509, topic:14786”]

Oh well, can anyone give me a short summary of all the important gaming news since December (if any)?

[/quote]

:D

Why is Thief getting such low ratings? The trailers look quite good.

Because its not a true Thief experience. If you've played Thief Gold & II, and countless (literally hundreds) of fan missions (Calendra's Legacy & T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age), you'll know what I mean. Otherwise, ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

[quote=", post:511, topic:14786"]

Why is Thief getting such low ratings? The trailers look quite good.

[/quote]

Instead of going for 'professional' reviews or ratings, you should TRY any game which grabs your attention YOURSELF and make your own OPINION of it. I've been doing it myself since the beginning and it's been working very well for me.

There's countless times when I've had to disagree with such 'professional' reviews. So lately i don't even take them seriously.

I haven't played this game yet, but it does seem good from what I've seen of it. But i won't ignorantly say that it's either good or bad until I've played it... and then there's also the matter of taste & personal preference. It's not necessary that if i did like or dislike it, then you will you...

Upsilon is absolutely right on this, develop your own opinion, when you start following the masses you become a sheep.

There are alot of games that i myself disagree with pros, and yet that game served quite well.

^Amen to both..

Some of the most average rated games were absolutely great.. i personally dont like Dragon age series cuz of the controls..:)

Batman Arkham sequel announced for 2014 release

topper23945234.jpg
The developer that made Arkham a household name is back. Rocksteady Studios' Arkham Asylum innovated with the freeflow combat system and stalking gameplay in 2009, and the team blew it all out to an open world in 2011's Arkham City. Rocksteady is hoping to raise the bar even higher on what will be its final Arkham game. Set after the events of Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Knight may just end the Dark Knight's journey.
As you've probably guessed from the cover imagery, the Batmobile is finally a core element of the gameplay. An entirely new area of Gotham City, far larger than Arkham City, has much wider streets to accommodate the new driving gameplay that is designed to integrate smoothly with Batman's gliding and grappling traversal. Batman chases down super villains Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and more.
Arkham Knight will release later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We've got 14 action-packed pages loaded with the first details and a whole month of exclusive content here on gameinformer.com. Get a sneak peek at what's in store in our coverage trailer below (or on YouTube) and watch the four-minute debut trailer right here.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/april-cover-revealed-2014-1039752374.aspx

[/quote]
I would say they're milking, but the last game was made by a different developer, so I'll spare them my comment. The trailer looks decent though... Lets wait and see how the game turns out to be.

Watch Dogs Release Date Officially Announced

Update: Ubisoft has officially confirmed Watch Dogs will be available globally on May 27.

[/quote]
A new story trailer has been released to accompany the announcement, which you can check out below.
Original story follows.
Original story:
Watch Dogs will be available on May 27, according to a new trailer for the game.
Eurogamer reports that a since-removed video on Xbox.com revealed the date at the end of a trailer. An official announcement by Ubisoft is expected later today.
This means that Watch Dogs received six months of extra development following previous delays. Ubisoft delayed Watch Dogs just a month before the game was supposed to come out in November 2013, which in turn led to us chatting to the developer about quite why this was done.
Despite a scare last month when the game's trademark was abandoned, Ubisoft since explained that such a move was the result of fraud, before successfully getting the trademark restored.
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/watch-dogs-release-date-leaked-in-trailer

Dark Souls 2 gets PC release date, dev promises "increased texture resolution"

Dark Souls II for PC finally has a release date. From Software's upcoming role-playing game will launch April 25 for PC on Steam and elsewhere, the developer announced today. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game will release next week on March 11.
The PC version of Dark Souls II will feature "increased texture resolution" and an "enhanced frame-rate option," the developer said in an update on Facebook. In addition to this, From Software promises that the game's controls have been "perfectly" adapted to mouse and keyboard.
Preordering Dark Souls II on Steam gets you a digital soundtrack and early access to the Black Armor Weapon Set, as well as the official Dark Souls II artbook in PDF format and the complete Dark Souls II digital comic book.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-gets-pc-release-date-dev-promises-increased-texture-resolution/1100-6418146/

[/quote]

[quote=“Upsilon, post:516, topic:14786”]

I would say they're milking, but the last game was made by a different developer, so I'll spare them my comment. The trailer looks decent though... Lets wait and see how the game turns out to be.

[/quote]

despite the milking, its still one of the best game series .. and except the second, 1st and 3rd were one of the best gaming experience ever.. 2nd was awesome too, especially the boss battles, but just a bit below the others.

as for actual milking, since they are closing the saga with this one, it is actually not milking, but a proper well deserved finale to an excellent series..

System Requirements taken from Watch Dogs page on Uplay (program not website)
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM
Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY
RECOMMENDED
Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200
Credit to psychic717 at gamespot.
-----
i7 recommended eh? Right....