New/Upcoming Games Discussions

When that future would come, we all would happily embrace it.. unfortunately it is not now, nor near, and with only one game taking the Ram share, it is extreme overkill

as for openGL.. john carmack has always complained about nvidia and opengl limitations.. and nvidia didnt embrace opengl 4 fully when it resurfaced..ATI was always fully compliant with openGL. and still carmack prefers open Gl more than direct x.

If you think BF is the only game that can max out a GPU, you're terribly wrong. Load Skyrim with an ENB, then you'll know what I'm talking about. Stalker is another example, both CoP & Clear Sky easily maxed out a 1GB GPU. Same was the case with Bad Company 2 as well (also an DX11). Don't forget about Metro 2033, Tomb Raider, Last Light, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs. If you're unsure about how much GPU VRAM is being utilized, install MSi Afterburner and run its OSD server. It'll provide you with ample statistics.

I wasn't talking about the support aspect of OpenGL at all. What I was getting at was how that wasn't being translated in better performance for AMD GPUs, despite being better supported in OpenGL. RAGE was especially a nightmare.

None of the above games you mentioned except BF, use a buffer larger than 2Gb, at max settings even beyond HD.. they all remain around 1500MB range., there was this excellent texture article where they ran all DX11 titles of 2013 which are heaviest on Ram, and the highest was BF with 2240 MB peak.. which is huge, and justifies 3GB, but none of the above including COD, metro or Stalker went anything beyond 2GB,. and they were stressing the hell out of games with multiscreen HD at max possible settings with full tesselation and everything... on decent settings at still high quality, all those games could even run jerk free on 1GB.. not good but can run.. therefore 2GB should be the sweet spot for games for a couple or more years for performance gaming. i dont remember the site. when i do i will link you all those tests , showing that none of the DX11.1 titles today could even max out at 2gb.

2GB is soo great for now.. 1GB is bare minimum.. when there would a bigger list of titles requiring more than 2GB for many many games,, everyone would gladly buy a 3gb card for sure.. that would be great future for gaming.. it is just that future isnt right now or a couple of years for mainstream to adopt 3gb.

I said "modded". Nobody said anything about running Vanilla :P. Misery 2.0 for Stalker maxes out 2GB cards quite easily. ENB configs for Skyrim, some of the most ridiculous gorgeous graphics modifications I've ever seen, easily consumes 2GB+. Here, let me show you an example of how Skyrim's on my current & previous card. Here I'm using Bleak ENB, which is considered somewhere in the middle when it comes to extreme quality ENBs. Some of the more popular ones, for example (K ENB) can bring down even SLi rigs to their knees. Notice how my 570 flatlined at 1280, as it ran out of VRAM and stuttered quite heavily.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

This is my Skyrim Gallery on Flickr. Enter at your own risk

:P

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98771941@N03/sets/72157634972041733/[/quote]

GTX 570:

GTX 760:

The reason they're pushing for higher buffer is people have now begun to slowly embrace EyeFinity/ Surround setups (I personally know a guy who's using 2x 7950s to power up 3 monitors at his home). At such insanely high resolutions, the VRAM buffer really helps. To be honest, its an experience that cannot be described in words. You really need to experience it in person :).

The reason why BF3 pushes the system so hard is as I already mentioned, EPIC 64 player battles across the huge map (which you can use to fly jets, helicopters, drive tanks, jeeps and bikes). As a regular BF3 player myself (there are nearly 200 players in Pakistan that play BF3 regularly and are all premium members), it can easily max out a 2GB card. BF4 introduces the destructible environments that were pretty cool back in the Bad Company 2 days. Its not so surprising to find it utilizing upwards of 2GB+, since I've played it myself and can see where that VRAM buffer is getting used (you can bring down a whole #$%^%$# Skyscraper down crying out loud).

SP games & MP games really have different requirements. Its quite easy to max out an SP game even on a 1GB card, but MP is an entirely different matter.

We all know the day will come...

but NOT today my friend...

Not mainstream yet..

Keyword : mainstream..

^ Weham ka illaaj hakeem luqmaan k paas bhi naa thaa :mellow:

Agar tum logon ki behes khatam hogai ho to shall we get back on topic? :rolleyes:

The Sims 4 coming fall 2014

EA has dated The Sims 4 for a fall 2014 release on PC and Mac.

Following developer Maxis' controversial release of the always-online SimCity earlier in 2013, The Sims 4 will be a single-player game that does not require an Internet connection to play. An Origin account will be required for activation, however.

The Sims 4 will contain a new feature, dubbed SmartSim, which promises to make it easier for players to build and modify houses. The game's Create-A-Sim mode has also been enhanced from previous games, EA says.

Footage of the game was shown during EA's Gamescom 2013 press conference.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-sims-4-coming-fall-2014/1100-6415711/

[/quote]

Titanfall launching March 11, 2014

Respawn Entertainment's multiplayer-only shooter Titanfall will launch on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC in North America on March 11, with a European release following on March 13, the studio announced today.

Cross-platform play will "most likely" not be supported, Respawn said during the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo in June, noting a final decision has not yet been made. Microsoft Game Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has since said that cross-platform play between Xbox One and PC "makes sense."

The studio also announced a $250 Titanfall Collector's Edition, which features an 18" hand-crafted Titan statue with a diorama and battery-powered LED lighting. The premium bundle also includes a 190-page art book and a schematic post of the Atlas Titan.

Gamers can preorder the collector's edition today through the Titanfall online store by paying a $100 deposit. Deposits are refundable within two weeks of purchase, after which customers will face a 20 percent cancellation fee. The bonuses featured in the collector's edition will ship in advance of the game's release

Titanfall was created by numerous former Call of Duty developers, including Infinity Ward cofounder Vince Zampella.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-launching-march-11-2014/1100-6415710/

[/quote]

Online only... meh. :P

PC gamers will anal-rape Xbone players, cross-platform play will never happen. You can take my word for it :lol:

Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD coming January 2014

The Xbox 360 version of downloadable game Assassin's Creed Liberation HD will be released in "early 2014," Ubisoft announced today. Yesterday, the developer confirmed the PlayStation 3 version will be available through the PlayStation Store on January 14, 2014.

Meanwhile, Ubisoft also confirmed today that the PC version of Assassin's Creed: Liberation will hit PC on January 15, 2014. The Xbox 360 version is the only iteration to not have a firm release date. All versions of the game will sell for $20 at launch.

Ubisoft also announced a special promotion today where players who purchase, or have already purchased, the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Season Pass ($20) for PS3 or Xbox 360 will receive $5 off Assassin's Creed Liberation HD. It is good for a limited time only, Ubisoft said. The promotion was not announced for PC.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD is a high-definition version of last year's Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, released at the time only on PlayStation Vita.

The game is set in New Orleans between 1765 and 1780 in the period spanning the end of the French and Indian War, up to the middle of the American Revolution. The game tells the story of Aveline, the first female lead in the series, who is of mixed French and African heritage.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-liberation-hd-hitting-xbox-360-in-early-2014/1100-6415769/

[/quote]

That like is for your signature! ;)

^ If i were in your place, i would've 'liked' it for the DP. :P

Can't wait for it. :D

AW Yiss..!!!

made my Day :D

Looks like Ubisoft have hit hard with Assasin's Creed 4. Its Getting Great Reviews. So Cant wait to play the game :P i hope they wont #$%^&# the game like the AC 3.

South Park RPG delayed again

The Obsidian Entertainment-developed South Park: The Stick of Truth has been delayed again. Ubisoft announced today that the role-playing game is now scheduled to release on March 4, a year after its original release date, and three months later than its previous December 10 launch date.

Ubisoft purchased South Park: The Stick of Truth for $3.2 million in January as part of the THQ bankruptcy auction. The company said today that when it bought the game, it was nearly complete. However, it turned out more work was actually needed.

"Within three weeks after acquiring the game, we sadly realized we had to turn this thing upside down if we hoped to deliver the experience everybody wanted," Ubisoft North America president Laurent Detoc said. "It's been such a major overhaul to get to the point where we are that we couldn't let it go, even if that meant missing December."

South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker agreed.

"We always wanted the game to feel like you're actually in an episode of South Park," the pair said in a statement. "Getting the game up to the crappy standards of the show has been a real challenge and we're excited to say it's taken way longer than we thought it would."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/south-park-rpg-delayed-again/1100-6415897/

[/quote]

Ubisoft is on a roll to delay all their games. :lol:

To everyone who's planning to download/buy COD: Ghosts, here's something you should know:

The game requires a 64bit OS. It doesn't work on 32bit. And the game requires 6GB of minimum RAM, it doesn't play on less.

Here's the error you recieve if you try running it on less than 6GB (taken from the Internet):

893b1370c44609d2aa0d8f6118d345dc.jpg

Just sharing useful info. Adios! B)

Hah, look what i found: http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/11/04/cod-ghosts-demands-6gb-ram-uses-less-2gb

I knew that crappy game can't use 6GB even if it could be modded like Skyrim. -_-

^ Someone is gonna have a big argument with you soon :)

wtf?
anyways who wants to play such game :unsure: . leave it! hehehe. :P

It looks like some kind of marketing stunt, they want us to upgrade our rigs. Spend more money on our PCs. :blink:

But i'll definitely give BF4 a try.