New/Upcoming Games Discussions

[quote=“Upsilon, post:439, topic:14786”]

Meh. Give me Tekken or GTFO...

[/quote]

tekken Died after tekken 5.. now it is a single hit game.. just hit once and juggle the hell till you win.. thats it..its all about who gets first strike.

personally i am much much more interested in the tekken Vs SF instalment, cz it would play like tekken and have SF capcom control over nonsense juggles..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Grand Theft Auto V coming to PC in early 2014 - Report

Grand Theft Auto V will be released on PC at the start of 2014, Eurogamer has reported.

Citing multiple industry sources, the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is said to be coming within the first quarter of 2014.

The release window is said to mirror Grand Theft Auto IV, which Rockstar released on consoles in April 2008 before bringing it to PC in December that year.

Since launching on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September 17, Grand Theft Auto V made $1 billion in revenue in its first three days on sale.

Chip maker Intel yesterday said it expects to see GTAV on PC. Intel director of marketing Chris R. Silva said, "At least with Grand Theft Auto, I don't think it'll be console-exclusive very long. But that's what happens when you have a brand new launch with two companies that have lots of money trying to make sure they have content."

Silva added that the reason Rockstar hasn't yet announced GTAV on PC is because "Somebody paid a lot of money to make sure that title was exclusive."

A Change.org petition for a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is now close to breaking 600,000 signatures.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/grand-theft-auto-v-coming-to-pc-in-early-2014-report/1100-6415514/

[/quote]

Sci-Fi Horror Game SOMA Coming to PlayStation 4 and PC in 2015

Today, Sony and developer Frictional Games revealed that a new horror game – SOMA – is coming to PlayStation 4. It will be released in 2015. The game will also come to PC at that time.

“For the last three years, we have been working on a game called SOMA,” Frictional Games’ Creative Director Thomas Grip explained. “All that time, this project has remained a secret – it’s a great relief to finally be able to talk about it. This game is by far the most ambitious and thrilling project we have ever undertaken.” The studio’s previous title was Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which launched on PC in 2010.

In short, SOMA is a first-person “sci-fi horror game” about “a normal, very exposed person trapped in a nightmarish world.” The trailer above should explain more about what you can expect when you play. We also have a few screenshots for you to take a look at.

We’ll no doubt have much, much more on SOMA in between now and its release in a couple of years.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/11/sci-fi-horror-game-soma-coming-to-playstation-4?abthid=5258622fef7635723f000016

[/quote]

Since this is being made by the developers of the original Amnesia, it might just turn out a 'proper' horror game. jDk might wanna keep an eye on it.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Announced

Where there's a Spidey movie, there's a Spidey video game. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game will arrive in 2014.

Developed by Beenox, the folks behind The Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, and Spider-Man: The Edge of Time, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will put players back in a free-roaming New York as the webhead with new combat moves and upgrades. The story itself revolves around Spidey hunting Uncle Ben's killer; it's set in the movie universe but existing in its own continuity.

The sequel will also introduce a new heroism system called "Hero or Menace" in which you're rewarded for stopping crime, but punished if you don't keep it up. More interesting, the narrative will actually have Peter Parker bits for players to experience.

Activision didn't reveal a release date for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but the company did say it was planned to launch alongside the film, which is set for May 2, 2014.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/12/nycc-the-amazing-spider-man-2-video-game-announced

[/quote]

Watch Dogs delayed to spring 2014.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-delayed-to-spring-2014/1100-6415591/

^ Yeah i was about to post that as well. That sucks because it was gonna be the GTA V alternative for us PC gamers... but oh well, i guess I'm gonna have to play that inferior AC game now.

Also, the Crew (Ubisoft's upcoming racing game) is also delayed to 2014.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-crew-delayed-by-ubisoft/1100-6415592/

so 2013 is the year of Blockbuster Movies, and 2014 is gonna be the year of Great PC gaming..

yay to Both :)

2014 is definitely gonna be a great year for gaming. A lot of highly wanted sequels and many new exciting IPs. B)

The ones I'm looking forward to the most are:

Dark Souls II, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Thief, Wolfenstein: The New Order & probably some other great games that will get announced later on.

Watch dogs, thief and wolfenstien from that list would be the ones i might play.. :) i am expecting a few RTS along the way and apparently a CnC is in the works too..

http://me.ign.com/en/news/16008/call-of-duty-ghosts-requires-50gb-to-play-on-pc

Minimum requirements for Call of Duty: Ghosts.

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • HDD: 50 GB HD space
  • Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation

Guess I'll have to upgrade my system sooner than I thought.

^ Nope, they're fake.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/25348/activision-dismiss-50gb-pc-specs-as-unofficial-for-call-of-duty-ghosts

And i didn't need a confirmation article to know that either...

^It's not the HDD space I have a problem with. It's the GPU I'm worried about.

CoD would never have higher requirements because its a corridor shooter at heart. Battlefield, on the other hand has ridiculously huge maps with a total of 64 players duking it out via aerial, naval and ground assault.

The beta of bf4 had lower requirements than CoD, so expect no trouble at all running it all maxed out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Windows will eventually have to shift permanently to 64 bit cz of excessive gaming demands purely., cz other software rarely even uses the potential of 32 bit computing.... there may be a day sooner than latter because of modern games where minimum 64bit will be the new Windows 98..and that is good cz of higher stability and speed but not so good cz of even stricter encryption and complicated user privileges and more clicks for a simpler job.. :(

[quote=“jDk, post:453, topic:14786”]

CoD would never have higher requirements because its a corridor shooter at heart. Battlefield, on the other hand has ridiculously huge maps with a total of 64 players duking it out via aerial, naval and ground assault.

The beta of bf4 had lower requirements than CoD, so expect no trouble at all running it all maxed out.

[/quote]

^ Exactly, same as doom was a corridor shooter And can be run on old mobiles but wlofenstein cant..

Fake specs always surface up, and only official developer website should be trusted

it is still amazing that no matter how much advancements in CPUs, and 8GB ram being soo commomn these days, and 3 generations of GPUs have come and gone, but battlefield still remains one of the biggest texture hoging game of all times.. they even ran a test and Battlefield used up 2300MB of ram of a 3GB radeon card..just for HD maps ... DAMN..!!

BF4 raped my 570, and it even maxed out my 760 too :P. Also, the game utilized over 6GB of RAM, checked via task manager (since it was a 64-Bit code release). Too bad the beta ended on 15th, otherwise would've posted some screenshots.

And yet, next battlefield will also be the ONLY game to ever use a 3GB VGA ram buffer... no other game even comes close... maybe they should learn to optimise instead of expand...

Don't you think its a good use of the VRAM ? What's the point of having 3GB if you're not even gonna utilize it to the max. The mantle API looks promising, if AMD can help developers code to the metal like console developers do, it'll unlock the "hidden" potential which is being held back by close source DirectX APi. The DirectX API has way too many overheads involved which results in a performance penalty no matter how much you optimize it. Giving access to direct low-level hardware will help level the playing field.

i dont think there should be any use of a 3GB card.. when there is only ONE game making use of it.. and that gam can also work fine on a 2GB card as well.. and more than 90% games still use the 1GB limit at Full HD.. thus making 3GB overkill and pretty useless unless it is a FireGL card used for 3D rendering.

2GB maximum ram is enough.. if only ONE game in world is using too much,maybe it is the developers who need to look into optimizing their texture maps... his makes them only the black sheep.. if it were , say, 40 games in last 3 years that used more than 2GB, it would be understandable.. but since it is only one... so :)

PS: Direct X actually sucks.. it doesnt even work well with DXVA.. openGL used to be the best... why there is no adaption of openGL 4.0 and above is beyond me.. al AMD drivers support fully openGL..

But we all know that AMD never was good at opengl compared to nvidia. A fact that holds true even today unfortunately.

Why are you looking in the past. Look towards the future. I'm sure in the not so distant future, even 3gb would seem less.