New to the forum and need some feedback on DSL upgrade

Salam and Hi everyone,

First of all I extremely apologise if this has been posted before but honestly I went through many threads but couldn't find anything related.

This forum is great and full of information. I had been visiting it for over 3-Months now and decided to join it today.

Now let's get to the point. I'm using PTCL's DSL 1MB line for over a year now and wants to upgrade it to 2MB/4MB. My only reluctancy is whether my line will be good enough to handle the bandwidth. It's doing very good on 1MB, the speedtest is given below,

1217850371.png

My ADSL status is given below and I'm about 2-3KM away from the exchange,

resultk.png

Incase if the above image doesn't show up, here is the status,

ADSL Mode Setup Auto Sync-Up

Annex Type Setup ANNEX A/L

Current ADSL Mode ADSL2

Current Annex State ANNEX_A

ADSL Up Time 3:40:53

System Up Time 3:41:53

Downstream Rate 4608

Upstream Rate 1012

Latency Type Interleaved

Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 5.0 / 6.7

Line Attenuation US/DS 33.5 / 53.0

Power US/DS 12.3 / 19.3

Attainable Down Speed 6652

Link Up Times 1

Line State Showtime

Please do suggest the maximum package I can go for. Thanks

Well your SNR is pretty bad. 4meg max if you can keep up with random DC's if not get 2meg.

Thank you StrikerX for a prompt reply,

How do you improve the SNR? and if it's that bad, why it isn't affecting the existing 1MB line?

You improve the SNR by changing your line (if its bad) & or by changing pair from dp/cabinet/exchange e.t.c

& about why you are not experiencing syncing issues... Umm I don't know cause you should be. Is your SNR always below 7?

I'm getting SNR Margin US/DS 8.0/2.6 as I write this post and Line Attenuation US/DS 33.6/53.0. Why I'm getting this variable SNR value?

There is a definite problem with your line or your pair. Get the hold of the lineman and get your pair and line changed. In some cases this SNR doesn't disconnect much if the problem is in near vicinity. Your line is gud to go for 2M and try the G.DMT mode for exact SNR.. And wat ever is the case first get your line checked by lineman.!

The lineman did change the pair from DP/Cabinet as I've had disconnection issues last week or so but I'm not sure if he did at the exchange - solemnly due to heavy rains. One thing the lineman told me though that, my line has fewer joints leading to my home and the media has become quite old. He did say that my area is a good source of income for PTCL and that I've forwarded the request to concerned authorities to do something about the media but they don't seem serious - typical of PTCL.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with PTCL as I've no other alternative apart from Linkdotnet but again, they'll use the same media. Tell me a way how do I make PTCL listen to my complaint and make them change my media? I often complain at their automated service but do not hear anything for days and eventually I've (had) to pop in to exchange and shout and scream to make them listen to me.

--