New Router

i am using worldcall dsl connection with their modem. i have to pulg in wire in my laptop. so now i wanna make it wireless. i just bought

Tplink TL-WR541G router.

do i have to install another software of tp-link router in my laptop or just i plug the same wire in router which i used to place before in my laptop ? and it will wireless ?

regards

Ali

Plug-in the wire from DSL modem to wireless AP and it will start working without anything (most of them doesn't need any configuration), as long as your laptop is equip with compatible wireless network adapter and automatically detect network settings (that is default for latest Windows and Linux).

However, you should configure your wireless AP to encrypt your wireless communication and protect it with key. So that, nobody can use your wireless network without your permission.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i am using worldcall dsl connection with their modem. i have to pulg in wire in my laptop. so now i wanna make it wireless. i just bought

Tplink TL-WR541G router.

do i have to install another software of tp-link router in my laptop or just i plug the same wire in router which i used to place before in my laptop ? and it will wireless ?

regards

Ali

[/quote]

first of all i am confused about “Worldcall DSL Connection” when this happened ?

it happend when i born LOL...

visit here

http://www.worldcall.net.pk/packages_ioc_lahore.php

The jokes on you Ali. Worldcall is a hybrid fibre-coaxial network. They have their own infrastructure. DSL operates on phone lines. Worldcall does not use DSL. This a big difference.