New PTCL IP!

Today i checked my speedtest results and shocked to see DSLAM Infrastucture North Instead of PTCL Triple Play Project and the Ip is also changed to 182.178.xxx.xxx , i am getting high pings + low speeds :(

anybody else experienced this?

1043089912.png

Perhaps it was temporirily problem in ptcl's system. i have checked it it is as usual and fine.

I am still getting the same IP range after rebooting the modem several times, though speeds seems to be fine again.

speedv.gif

Confirmed from 2 other guys on Multan Road Exchange, IP range is changed :P

perhaps ptcl has started to change ip range bcoz i have listened that in some weeks ipv4 system is going to end. and ipv6 ip system will start in all world.

That is a new pool from PTCL & they are implementing it in some exchanges as far as I know. My exchange's DSLAM's were shifted to 182.177.x.x (MPLS Infrastructure in ISP) IP range 45 days ago. I know a few people in Karachi who have also been shifted to 182.x.x.x IP pool.

DSLAM is one more scam from PTCL.. they are punishing us

my 4MB connection here

1043665198.png

Oh sorry I created a new thread, anyway speed is just really slow. I even lost HTTPS for sometime, DAP was really slow, itunes wasn't connecting and I was unable to upload files.

@MZC what is your connection speed. And which client are you using for downloading ?

I don't know why they are playing with the ISP name :/ but my speeds are fine though. Getting full 4mbps

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Oh sorry I created a new thread, anyway speed is just really slow. I even lost HTTPS for sometime, DAP was really slow, itunes wasn’t connecting and I was unable to upload files.

@MZC what is your connection speed. And which client are you using for downloading ?

[/quote]

4Mbps, Internet Download Manager 5.16

4 Mbps and you are getting 600 + Speed

Lucky you i m getting 470 speed

^he's probably on 6m profile

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

4 Mbps and you are getting 600 + Speed

Lucky you i m getting 470 speed

[/quote]

Speeds Jumps sometimes and luckily i pressed print button on that much speed ;) , @ Bonhomie i was on 10M profile but had some issues with DumbTV so reverted back to 4M.

yup same here and i'm getting this new IP too 182...somethings happenin back there...hope we get some expert's say on this.!

I will check my IP range today once i go back home, but it is true that yesterday i check speedtest.net as i was experiencing slow DL speed. and I was surprised to see that ISP was DSLAM ..... what does this DSLAM stands for ? and which ISP is this ?

DSLAM is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Subscriber_Line_Access_Multiplexer and it's installed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serving_area_interface

Can any one tell me if the PTCL gaming servers are working on new ISP (DSLAM Infrastructure North)?

same problem heree :( new ip pool...increasd pings huh :(

^

Oh btw when I was shifted to this new IP pool 182.177.x.x (182.178.x.x in your case), my pings also increased by 15-25ms & browsing was slow, along with download speed (it took a bit of time to go full speed) but this problem cleared out after a week or two I think.

You IP pool must still be in need of some optimizing :o