New Player in Town [Wi-Tribe]

th_26008_1_122_457lo.JPG

Was any of you able to catch this ad. I found it interesting and searched it on Google looks like Wi-Tribe is a WiMax provider ... not sure but looks interesting ... at last some competition for wateen.

sorry for the pic, I know its too big ... I took it from a cam ...

http://www.wi-tribe.com/

http://wi-tribe.pk/

Hmm, thats a job ad. It will be a long time till their release I think. Plus this too is in the main cities as far as I can see, from the job openings, Islamabad - Lahore - Karachi :(

good to know that but that only service for big cities kills me too.

i was checking out the site and... i red this...

By 2008, Jordan will become the first country to be wi-tribe enabled. Jordan is a relatively small market but with a relatively high level of exposure to both fixed line and broadband internet access where wi-tribe can ensure that it has a competitive product and strategy.

i thought Pakistan was the first country to provide WiMax.

http://www.wi-tribe.com/en/about-us/overview.html

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i was checking out the site and… i red this…

By 2008, Jordan will become the first country to be wi-tribe enabled. Jordan is a relatively small market but with a relatively high level of exposure to both fixed line and broadband internet access where wi-tribe can ensure that it has a competitive product and strategy.

i thought Pakistan was the first country to provide WiMax.

http://www.wi-tribe.com/en/about-us/overview.html

[/quote]

the paragraph doesn’t mentions wimax instead it mentions wi-tribe which is the brand name for their wimax service and they talking specifically about their service

this is wmax tech as mentioned on web site and hope this service may not be like wateen.

can some body tell the name of newspapper

can some body tell the name of newspapper
[/quote]

i saw it in the news

what is the date of news papper, also any idea about packages

what is the date of news papper, also any idea about packages
[/quote]

it is todays paper nothin abt prices or packages

I saw it in yesterday's "The News" and there is no info about price and/or packages. the ad is about jobs ... not about the packages/prices. they have not launched anything as of yet. I posted just to ask if anyone knew anything about this ....

cool that will be third player in Pakistan's WiMax market.

maybe it is same as mobilink wimax maybe the brand name of mobilink wimax is wi-tribe

No it isn't.

I did some searching, and what I found was that Burraq Telecom (does anyone recall?) was bought by Q-Tel (a Qatari-based telco). They, alongwith another company (I think) launched Wi-tribe.

Wi-tribe is in Jordan (and I was going over the rates - and they seem flippin' expensive... I'm not sure what the GDP per capita is in Jordan for comparative basis though), and Pakistan is next on the list.

Burraq was running WiMax, but on a limited scale (i.e. it was only available in some portions of Islamabad, AFAIK). Burraq's been changed to Wi-Tribe (so technically, the company's changed and all).

wi-tribe.com > search somewhere here.

i have heard that mobilinks wimax is dropped for country wide expansion becuase the ceo of mobilink thinks that it is expensive and he cant afford to spend 400 crors. it is only in testing basis in karachi so if it gets any success then they will think to expand its services to "some" other cities,

F#@& wimax aint buyin nothin with "WI" in it again

F#@& wimax aint buyin nothin with “WI” in it again
[/quote]

what abt WiFi?

Need lot of wifi hotspot all over the city and heronchi make out life terrable. lolzzz Do you think wifi will provide good speed?

Need lot of wifi hotspot all over the city and heronchi make out life terrable. lolzzz Do you think wifi will provide good speed?
[/quote]

i didnt mean WiFi for an internet provider Umer said he wont buy anythin with Wi in it so i was askin not even WiFI for home use

what abt WiFi?

[/quote]

to use wifi i would have 2 do many which includes buying a laptop and moving out of my current house. and as i m already on debt and dont have money 2 pay 4 it so its out the question…=D