New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

Now that everyone here is a new member, it would be a good idea to post a small introduction so that we know who is the person behind weird avatars :) I felt the need because I'm a new member here and sometimes feel I'm talking to myself, so it would really feel good if new members take initiative to post their introduction and are greeted by old ones. Mods, if possible make it sticky.

For a start, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Ayaz, 33, from Karachi, originally from Punjab (Multan), graduated in business education, moved to Karachi in 2001, married and got settled here, work in a so called autonomous government organization, whose decisions affect every common person in Pakistan. My specialty is in global finance and capital markets.

I have interest in computers, internet browsing, information seeking, gaming, movies and music. Personality wise, I'm an introvert. I guess that's enough for a small intro.

oh Yeah !

This is Numan Zafar , age is 22 doing MBA (banking and finance ) from UCP(PCBA) and at the same time doing job as a Customer Services Exective in LINKdotNET :)

Live in Lahore .

I am an ordinary Pakistani. I am not a government employee, armed forces' officer, corporates' executive, politician, corporate employee, NGO's head/worker, or businessman. You may wonder "who is this guy?". I am from a relatively unknown section of Pakistan, who has unfortunately size larger than 70% ~ 80% of population of Pakistan, commonly known as "ordinary Pakistani".

Just an ordinary Pakistani, who has to run from A to Z everyday and bribe everyone and jee hazori everyone "in-power" to earn bread and butter for my family.

Just an ordinary Pakistani, who don't have fixed monthly income, who don't have provident fund and pension after retirement. There is no retirement for me, work till dead (that's what my father taught me).

Just an ordinary Pakistani, who get largest hit even when a matchbox's price is increase. Although, government employees (err... officers, as there are no public servants or public employees) and everybody mentioned above, get hit from inflation too but their salaries are always increased in every budget. Yet a budget to come in 61 years of history for ordinary Pakistanis.

Just an ordinary Pakistani, to whom nobody is interested to listen and everybody happy to rule.

Just an ordinary Pakistani, the lowest-level fish in food-cycle.

Just an ordinary Pakistani, who is an inferior-race-human ruled by superior-race-human. Proved by "science" that anybody not in list mentioned above, belongs to "inferior-race-human-being". We have smaller brains and less IQ than government officers, that's why government has to tell us 'what to watch on TV or internet'. Government block "harmful" materials so that "our little brain" does not get damage from it.

I am not interested in computers or anything technology related. It is my source of income. 100 or 200 years back, I might be working at some blacksmith.

Long Live Pakistan. I love my country. I hate her rulers (from A to Z in three-dimensional).

errrrrr, nice to know that you've got good writing skills :P

I hardly imagine anybody other than 'ordinary pakistani' would be a member of these forums.

I'm 17, live in Karachi and I'm doing my A'Levels. I'm a web developer and actively involved with phpBB (version 3) and have written a few modifications for it as well. I write for DAWN SciTech World (as a freelancer) and a few other online magazines related to web design and development.

I joined Wired Pakistan maybe a month before we got hacked mainly to check out user opinion on Wateen's WiMAX and thank God I did because you people saved me! :D WP has turned out to be a great community and I just love it here!

well my real name is Ruhaan Ahmed

i m 14 years old (i know a lil small for this forum)

since i was small i had this love for technology and thats where i learned abt linux

currently i know how to program in C++ and i m also learnin java

i joined this forum so that i could see what other people thought about wateen and found out alot

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am not interested in computers or anything technology related. It is my source of income. 100 or 200 years back, I might be working at some blacksmith.
[/quote]

Change profession or develop interest in the field of computers or technology. It really is intriguing, trust me.

I am 19, a Linux system admin + web developer since 6 years and someone who’s still trying to adapt to Pakistani system even after 4 years of living here. :confused: I work part-time and study fulltime++; (i.e. a little more than full-time :lol: )

I am a very boring personality. I’ve got no social skills so I spend my time socializing online and pretend that I’m smart.
[/quote]

Now that’s interesting. I hardly get to socialize due to serious deficit of free time.

Umm… but if someone gets to know me better I get them a free chocolate!!!
[/quote]

I like Cadbury Whole Nuts. Can I trust you for keeping your word? :lol:

[/quote]

Sure you can, but you are making false assumptions. I didn’t say nowhere that I’ll get you YOUR favorite chocolate :lol:

He hacked the board, and now he's hiding.

I am an ordinary Pakistani…
[/quote]

Full points on drama wampyr! :P

@ unikorn

No offense, actually, I always find this "introduction thing" bit girly :). No offense. That's what I always tell to people even in real life. But hey, I am also going to do it. :)

@ Specter

I am not whining about Pakistan at all. I love my country. I wish, I was born with some silver spoon in my mouth but I was not. I would bore you if I tell about the corruption that I face daily. I admit it, maybe, I could be more gentle and happier with this "system", if I am on the upper-chain of corruption (obviously, that's my general observation, people in the "system" are always happier even knowingly doing corruption). Alas, there is lots of bitterness filled in my heart against the system's corruption and the people who do not fear from Haram Rizq. My believe is that even using lamp's light for private usage is Haram, if that lamp is filled with government's money's oil (as Hazrat Umer RTA said). Therefore, even taking a pen or newspaper to our home is Haram (even idling in job's time), let alone any other kind of corruption.

@ Asad_N :) My friend.

Too late, I have already spent years of my life in computers :)

Well, if we are going to introduce ourselves, then most of you might have already judged me by my previous post :)

However, I would be happy to more bore you people with myself :) Invested years in computer software programming (lost counting). Areas of interest (almost daily working with):

* C/C++: Mostly in Visual C++ 6 and 2005 with touches of assembly. Mostly working in MFC and WTL. Sometime in VCL (if using C++Builder). But I prefer MFC over VCL, as VCL's main thread is not multi-threading safe.

* RAD Tools: Delphi, Visual Basic 6 (Classic) and Visual Basic 2005. Have knowledge of C# but didn't bother to jump into that boat.

* Internet: PHP+MySQL, ASP+MSSQL, and on client's demand even use SQLite/Oracle. JavaScript+CSS+HTML. Have knowledge of Java but didn't bother to jump into that boat.

* Environments: Mostly Windows, however I prefer NT based Windows (I recommend it to my clients to run my softwares). I also program for Linux distros and BSD. However, I always prefer any flavor of BSD over Linux (just my personal opinion from experience).

* Leisure: Most of my day's hours are spent into computer programming. If any time is left then used with "fighting" with the "system". However, if I get time then I prefer reading books over TV. I also like to play computer games but due to less time available, sometime even more than 3 months are needed to complete a game (especially happened with GTA's episodes). I don't have that typical Pakistani bug for online chatting (especially IMs).

* Computer Games: I am casual computer gamer and like wide range of genre. I usually like to complete (end) a game before starting any new one.

* Books: Mostly computer programming related books, classic novels and philosophy books. I do not read any kind of contemporary romantic novels (loath them). It's hard to find any Pakistani to debate/discuss Being and Nothingness. I would love to discuss/debate books similar to that or maybe Picasso and Cubism, or Renaissance, Neoclassicism, Surrealism, Impressionism art (I have yet read only these :( Not enough time in life to read everything that I want to)

* Movies: Instead of watching pathetic TV shows and dramas, I select a movie from IMDb and watch that movie. In my opinion, movies are fixed amount of time package, and you are usually happy after it is finish. I have watched over 90% of IMDb's Top 250 list. I mostly like English, French and Chinese movies. You'll be amazed if I tell you how many Chinese/HongKong movies I have watched. Not a movie, but can anyone here tell that he/she had watched Feel 100%? :) (I might be only one here).

As you people might have already judged me, I am quite a boring person. Most of Pakistani consider programmers as "computer typist" or "computer chatters" (waste time in-front of screen and play games/chat all the time). Generally, I find that there is absolute no respect in Pakistani community for programmers.

By the way, I highly think in the manner of science and logic (as I was educated). I neither believe in Peer nor in pseudo science (you might have get the idea of what I am trying to say). I only believe in Allah.

Fe-Aman Allah.

Strong introduction wampyr :lol:

As you people might have already judged me, I am quite a boring person. Most of Pakistani consider programmers as "computer typist" or "computer chatters" (waste time in-front of screen and play games/chat all the time). Generally, I find that there is absolute no respect in Pakistani community for programmers.
[/quote]

The situation gets worse for freelancers or remotely employed, but who cares? As long as you're satisfied with what you do.

Sure you can, but you are making false assumptions. I didn't say nowhere that I'll get you YOUR favorite chocolate
[/quote]

:P Consider me out then!

Full points on drama wampyr! :P

[/quote]

I know, I wrote in negative-tone but that was truth :)

Every government and some “people” want us to say good things at least to “out-side” world, that sub acha hai. But it is not true. I’ll remain thirsty even I say ‘yes’ in government’s voice that there is water in mirage.

Fe-Aman Allah.

Abdul Sami 25, working in a Software House as well as pursuing post graduation in computer science. Previously completed Engineering during bachelors.

I belong to Mohsin's class, quite anti-social.

[/quote]

Now we know at least your one weakness :) Hmm, we can use it as a ‘bribe’ agar kam nikalwa ho to :lol:

In caffeinated food, I mostly like Cadbury’s Diary Milk, Mars, Éclairs, Chocolate Cakes and lots and lots of coffee. I am “I prefer Coke over Pepsi” guy :)

Fe-Aman Allah.

Oh! By the way, you people might think that I wrote "wampyr" as LEET. But that's not the case. I picked that word from Dracula novel (by Bram Stoker). He wrote that people in Transylvania use "wampyr" word for "vampire". :)

By the way, also in German language "wampyr" means "vampire".

Fe-Aman Allah.

Its nice to know a bit about the people behind the aliases :)

Hi am uzair.

(aur kuch jannay ke liye dekhte rahiye... geo news)

I am Ahmer lives in Karachi...Graduate...now working in MCB Bank...in IT divison.