New HDTV - PDP/LCD/LED Suggestions required

Just a quick help I need is to find the Good Place in Lahore to buy new PDP/LCD/LED TV with better price...

I really don't have an idea about the prices.. So that would be most of the help for me..

The one I saw in Hyper Star today was Samsung 43" (Not sure about the model -- attached below). It's Plasma... so the price is good....

Of course the LCD/LED would be more expensive in this size. And may be I end up with choosing a Plasma due this fact...

But please do add your information about it as current.... I need a good deal.

I just had a quick eye on it and couldn't have details about it.... I believe someone could identify it.....

Is it a good deal? if any one could have used it? Do tell about the resolution it has... I missed to see that as well.... I believe it will not be more than 720p?

Thank you..

I am not sure if this is applicable to lahore as well (since i don't know if metro is ij Lahore or not). But Metro in Karachi is selling a LG LED tv for Rs. 50,000 with 2 years warranty. You might want to check that. The model number is lg32le5500.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:2, topic:14658”]

I am not sure if this is applicable to lahore as well (since i don’t know if metro is ij Lahore or not). But Metro in Karachi is selling a LG LED tv for Rs. 50,000 with 2 years warranty. You might want to check that. The model number is lg32le5500.

[/quote]

There are currently 2 metro cash n carry in Lahore…And yeah the above mentioned LED of LG is currently available here too…with price tag of 50K and 2yrs warranty…!

Nice guys... thanks... being an LED it's great...

but apparently, with other specs Samsung PN43D450 looks better than LG32LE5500

(hope the specs I found are correct to these models. I am not sure about the Samsung's one)

Can you guys or someone compare the both?

you can tell your experiences with them as well.. that would also be better...

* One more thing to mention is... it will stay in the lounge (approx 22ft x 16ft).

* LCD/LED of course would be best in portability and will be reliable physically to move here and there but I don't think it would be moved out of the place in future and will stay in the same place InshaAllah. So the weight of the Plasma is not so considerable but the size of the room and TV must be kept in mind I guess.

Thanks again..

I'm a big fan of samsung and the quality they give in any of there display device is remarkable...But the product of LG mentioned above seems quiet loaded with features compared to the samsung Plasma...Although the apparent size advantage goes to Samsung...But i'm also amazed at the features packed in the LG's 32" LED would you just have a look at it...

LG LED TV

^ thank you guys... will check into them

What is this wireless thing in this LG brand and what range it supports?

give a try to Philips and assure you not gonna dispointed

dun buy lg model available in metro cz that is too outdated now... its just a clearance sale and they are trying to finish those goods that they couldn't sale in normal days.... yes if u really want a good plasma then go to Panasonic as they are masters in plasma TV worldwide....

[quote=", post:6, topic:14658"]

^ thank you guys… will check into them

[/quote]

one more thing… i am also planning to buy led lcd or plasma in a day or two and i posted a topic in this forum too… and a guy replied me with that led is extremle harmful for eys… u can check that post also… and u can also give me a good advice. but according to his telling i searched about led good or bad for eyes and there i saw an articale with a given model of lg led saying permanent damage to eyes. now i am also confused that wht shld i do… buy led or lcd or plasma… and yes few days back lg launched a 3D plasma tv 42" and rate was only 92,000 pkr. now u can also tell me what to do but again and again dun buy that led avalble in metro for 50K

[quote=“nvd650, post:9, topic:14658”]

dun buy lg model available in metro cz that is too outdated now… its just a clearance sale and they are trying to finish those goods that they couldn’t sale in normal days…

[/quote]

x2

I am also a victim of LG’s defective production. Unfortunately bought a 2nd TV for home (from Metro)and found out it has worst audio quality. A cousin at LG head office later told me true story about that lot of TVs :(

thank you bros... I still didn't go there to check that LG's one only because I never was interested in a TV from LG -

you can say it a brand consciousness but yes it is.

Any ways it was good to hear about your experiences with that given LG model or other LG TVs - I mean good for others to be informed :P

I still didn't get any opinion about the Samsung's one or just bring Panasonic in the discussion - but tell me about a better but not so expensive TV and I also don't want these troubles.

I am still thinking to get a Plasma due to the price factor and the better viewing angles along with better features in less price. But need a suggestion about a better model like the one I mentioned (I thought it was good)

It still lacks a feature which I'll prefer and that is "DLNA".

Like the one in PS3 - http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectdlna.html

When this DLNA client is in TV, you don't need to add an extra DLNA client unlike the PS3 in above link.

Don't take it mandatory while suggesting

BTW the danger for eyes due to LEDs is just a fact which was always there in every next technology at some extant. The environment does count in it as well. also keeping the configuration at correct levels won't harm in that exact way which has made a trouble for customers to think about it. However yes the LEDs themselves sure are danger for your eyes when you look directly and closely into them..

So --- waiting for a good suggestion -

thanks

KA

plz also tell us ur range so that anyone can give u a good a response.. its seems that u have no limit at all on the other hand it seems that limit is not problem with you... but as i can guess your limit is 40K-60K any way give me ur limit and i'll suggest you better cz i am also in same search now a days. my limit it one 1 lac rps...

anyways further u can have a better idea on

http://www.shophive.com/shophive/

and if u can get better idea do tell me too.. i my self will go for plasma only for panasonic

^ great I can take advantage of your search then :P ah kidding - your help will be appreciated - thanks :)

Consider up to 75k (or around of course) for it. I actually want a big screen for an open lounge so that was also the reason I didn't think about that LG 32" LED and thinking to have Plasma or LCD in the desired screen size. Not sure btw if a better featured LCD could come into the budget

I am totally unaware of the prices <_<

[quote=", post:14, topic:14658"]

Consider up to 75k (or around of course) for it. I actually want a big screen

[/quote]

i can suggest u 3 models in sony lcd… 32ex500, 40ex400 and 40ex500

u can have a big plasma in this range but i’ll not suggest you that cz of two reasons. 1) it takes almost 400+ watt while lcd takes hardly 130-140 watt. 2) u need it for your lounge and plasma is best among all types of tv ( crt, lcd, led) but only in dark rooms. reflection of lights on its screen is a big big issue. and i guess one cannot arrange low lights in lounge all the time. if lights reflection is not a problem for you then u must must go for plasma else never ever think about it. i myself bought sony 40ex710 led with dz640k home theater and it cost me almost 125K

^Earlier plasmas used to have terrible problem of reflection as well as fading halogen lights with the passage of time along with extreme power consumption. But I have heard that these new plasmas have overcome these problems. However, it's best that someone who bought PDP can shared his reviews over here...

I am also looking for a PLASMA and do share what you finally bought!

I would suggest you to go for Samsung LCD, 40"(at least) & series 5 or above. To fully enjoy the big screen, you must add a home theatre as well as mostly these TVs have crappy speakers.

[quote=“dogarsahab, post:16, topic:14658”]

^Earlier plasmas used to have terrible problem of reflection as well as fading halogen lights with the passage of time along with extreme power consumption.

[/quote]

well life is increased up to one lac hours but reflection problem is still there. go to any electronics showroom and then u can judge urself even some days back when i was buying my led samsung salesperson show me he latest plasma they launched in pakistan 2 days ago. that was pretty one but the reflection of room lights was still there…

next it’s upto you.

[quote=“vazim, post:17, topic:14658”]

I would suggest you to go for Samsung LCD, 40"(at least) & series 5 or above. To fully enjoy the big screen, you must add a home theatre as well as mostly these TVs have crappy speakers.

[/quote]

samsung theatre are available in markt? i didnt saw even at samsung display center :s i dunno why…

Thank you guys

@nvd650

with me, the lighting isn't an issue in that lounge. a Plasma can server better in there. as well as Plasmas now a days are better in avoiding reflection - not comparable to LCDs or LEDs though

But thanks for reminding about the power consumption - it's a major factor to consider. I just didn't think about that. Also I guess it won't live up on UPS? or other LCDs LEDs?

You talked about 40ex710 led with a home theater, cost you 125K - can you apart them plz? what price was for the LED and how much you paid for the Home Theater?