New Forums

Welcome to the new wiredpakistan.com forums!

You should be able to login with your existing logins... all posts and users have been posted, and right now I need to make sure everything is working fine and at some point I'll pull the switch and have wiredpakistan.com redirect over to the new site! So if you read this msg, feel free to login there, poke around and you can post suggestions back here or over at the new website - I'll create this thread over there as well. For fast replies/suggestions, add wiredpak on twitter and send me a msg there: http://twitter.com/wiredpak

Overview:

I've shifted the website over to IP.board 3.1 - you can find out more about it here: http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/

Modern robust forum software offers a lot of advantages, and fixes a bunch of issues many long timers had pointed out, as well as implements a number of useful things which FluxBB didn't support.

I really liked FluxBB - small, fast and easy to admin, but it was a pain to keep updating and didn't have many features, unlike ip.board, which has heaps of stuff which you can see here: http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/features/ I am also going to put up google adsense on the forums to pay for the newer, more expensive forum software+hosting.

The stuff which I'm looking forward to:

Easier admin, subforums, moderators for forums, number of plugins which can extend the forums, no more having to deal with php and editing text files to add a new tiny feature...

Take a look at the IP.board features and plugins, and over this week as I set up the boards I'll add the ones which make sense.

For example, heres one feature which I'll be setting up: Facebook and Twitter logins. IP.Board supports Twitter & Facebook authentication, meaning users can join your board by signing in with their Twitter or Facebook account. Note - this feature will work once I change the DNS.

Post feedback to twitter or in this thread..

nice improvment only please tell me does it has mobile version or not

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:14521”]

nice improvment only please tell me does it has mobile version or not

[/quote]

yes it has! :P

Congrats KO and WP Team, its such a nice improvement :) Now we can have a logo too :P

hmmm..... its fast, nice presentation, and thanks option in posts. :)

Awesome. Loving the mobile version.. can finally browse the forums with my desire :D

Very nice KO. Great job. So many frills and

possible thrills. :)

Sheikh 'Elated' Chilli

The new look is good but it will take some time to get used to it. Looks too much complicated.

Any plans to enable the IPB chat room?

Awsome!!!

Finally you upgraded the forum software. It looks great compared to fluxbb but as sfarrukh said may be some users will take some time to get used to this new environment.

And the putting up of google adsense on the forums to pay for the newer, more expensive forum software+hosting is also a good step which I advised in the suggestion thread. (Do share that earning and also consider pensions now after getting google adsense income. :P)

It must be having a chat feature. Do enable it plz.

What is this Reputation thing? Will it be given by members on users posts?

I guess finally the shifting is done :)!

Guys the good thing about IPB is that you can set Custom Titles/Ranks :P

[quote=“Imran, post:10, topic:14521”]

What is this Reputation thing? Will it be given by members on users posts?

[/quote]

Yes! and it will accumulate/deducted to the overall reputation. It should show under the user avatar but currently its not showing.

congratulations guys on this change...

Seriously to those who were dying to have it changed :D

but this is nice one. Liked it..

And tell u one thing... Please also take gud care of the stuff or content u r posting... I mean now plz stop talking rubish here & there and try to keep this new forum "really clean" for some time...

You have got one and major of your wishes fulfilled

mobile version is awesome.... Great!

[quote=", post:13, topic:14521"]

And tell u one thing… Please also take gud care of the stuff or content u r posting… I mean now plz stop talking rubish here & there and try to keep this new forum “really clean” for some time…

You have got one and major of your wishes fulfilled

[/quote]

ditto

WP is approaching 200,000 posts. :)

To do:

* Disable guest posts.

* Ask IPB to the correct conversion where urls of type www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=16667 can be redirected to their IPB equivalent. That way, you won't lose all SEO ranking. It would be a big loss at this point if you let go of all that search engine traffic. WP ranks for many search queries.

Ip.board is huge, so will take some time to figure it out... so changes still coming. I want to see if the basic skin can be simplified a bit...

Just enabled all the anti-spam options in ip.board, as well as reCaptchas and q&a for registration

Guests should not be able to post now...

[quote=“Asad_N, post:17, topic:14521”]

* Ask IPB to the correct conversion where urls of type www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=16667 can be redirected to their IPB equivalent. That way, you won’t lose all SEO ranking. It would be a big loss at this point if you let go of all that search engine traffic. WP ranks for many search queries.

[/quote]

Thinking about this one… just turned on SEO friendly URLS as well

Facebook and Twitter integration should work too, but need to test it further.

atlast... nice work KO ...