New EVDO devices are only working in 1X mode

Beware of cheaters (PTCL) and dont purchase any new EVO devices.

few days back i purchased ptcl evdo and till now i have not been able to connect to EVDO mode. Device only connects when i am connecting through 1X mode which is worse than dial-up modem connection. I tried connecting the device from different locations (gulshan and pechs to name a few) but i am getting the same error every time.

I registered my complaint at 1218 the same day but i did not get any sort of response from PTCL support staff at all. I have also registered a complaint at PTA as well against PTCL so lets hope if they could do something about that.

i have heard from some insiders that there are lot of customers, who have newly purchased this device, are facing this issue. So i would like to know how many of you guys are suffering from this as well? I wont let them get away with this easily and would drag them to court if need be or at least would kick their one stop shop reps butt.

Secondly, something good for those who are using day pass, probably this is a bug in PTCL system. Your connection wont be disconnected even if it exceed 24th hour but once you are disconnected then you wont be able to connect again. I experienced that while connecting via 1X and used up good 2-3 hrs of extra time

--

dude........how can i be happy :(.....i m getting doze extra minutes on dat lame 1X mode. You are in deed lucky.BTW, Its a ZTE device model # AC2766, shall send pics soon.

--

^

Please upload snaps for other Users :)

Thanks

i went to their franchise and after much discussion, they replaced my device which is working perfectly. They then reveled dat the new lot of devices with a particular serial number are faulty.

Hi all,

I changed my EVO package to unlimited at 1st of Feb. Since then I received no signal or if there are EVDO signals then I can't connect at EVDO mode, so for last 10 days I have been using it in 1x mode only.

After calling 1218 they say they have sent an email to concerned department and they will contact you soon, but.....

So this problem is with all who have changed their package to unlimited or purchased a new device.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi all,

I changed my EVO package to unlimited at 1st of Feb. Since then I received no signal or if there are EVDO signals then I can’t connect at EVDO mode, so for last 10 days I have been using it in 1x mode only.

After calling 1218 they say they have sent an email to concerned department and they will contact you soon, but…

So this problem is with all who have changed their package to unlimited or purchased a new device.

[/quote]

I would suggest you to go to their franchise and have them resolve ur issue den & dere. 1218 wont revert back to you no matter how many times you may call them. Futher do register ur complaint at PTA.

--