New domain registration at NetFirms

Hello guys. I have registered a new domain with NetFirms. The payment was made with a UBL Wiz Card and it went smoothly. Now the NetFirms has sent me an email asking me to show proof of ownership of the card and they are saying that i have to send them copies of the back (full) and the front (last four digits) of the card. I was wondering if this is safe to do so? And is this standard practice being followed by other hosting companies? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Its pretty much safe i guess, that's done to reduce Stolen Credit Card usage.

that may be cuz of high risk of FRAUD from Pakistani IPs....

just send them what they asked for.. nothing to be worried about...

Thanks. Will send them today as they want it within 48 hours. And while I have already started the thread can you guys please give me comments on the content and the layout of my blog (since i don't want to start another thread just for this) . Its located at www.techomaniac.com. I have been focusing mainly on the posts and the quality of articles I write and have been a bit lazy on the layout thing :D. Can you guys please give me some pointers.

Just make sure the email you are sending is to NF official email address . I am happy with netfirm services

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanks. Will send them today as they want it within 48 hours. And while I have already started the thread can you guys please give me comments on the content and the layout of my blog (since i don’t want to start another thread just for this) . Its located at www.techomaniac.com. I have been focusing mainly on the posts and the quality of articles I write and have been a bit lazy on the layout thing :D. Can you guys please give me some pointers.
[/quote]

Get rid of Blogspot and move to Wordpress. Also get a decent hosting for wordpress :D

Get rid of Blogspot and move to Wordpress. Also get a decent hosting for wordpress :D

[/quote]

Yeah I have been thinking about that too. Blogspot’s default templates pretty much suck and not much customization is available in terms of the overall layout of the blog. Will shift my blog to Wordpress shortly. Please do tell how did you find the overall quality of the posts and content? I know the layout is not professional and looks a lot amateurish.

“Also get a decent hosting for wordpress” - Does this mean that NetFirms is not a good host?

Some posts are good others are just fine , Don't use emoticons in posts, What is this "Cheers Robin"? Try using Bold in content and make bullets. etc etc.

About Hosting you never said you have also purchased Netfirms hosting :P

^ Cheers is a greeting (famous mostly in UK) and Robin is my nickname. :D.

Yeah i only purchased a domain. Will move to hosting properly when i get some more readers. Thanks for your suggestions. Will refrain myself from using emoticons in my post. :P

^ It looks like your website is down.

Yep. :(. Any ideas why? I am a sort of newbie to this stuff. Basically what i have done is that I have put in the address of my Blosgspot blog in the forwarding address section on the control panel of Netfirms. It was forwarding it smoothly yesterday but it is giving problems today. Sometimes it does forward, some times it does not. Do I need to do anything else to make sure that things work smoothly?

^ Cheers is a greeting (famous mostly in UK) and Robin is my nickname. :D.
[/quote]

LOL! what i meant to say was that it’s not the common practice to wish in the end :P

^ Yeah. But it kind of gives a personal touch to the posts which i like. I am running a one man show here, why pretend otherwise. :D But will keep your suggestion mind. I was thinking along the lines of creating a small banner for my posts, something like "Name of post" is a post by Robin who is a blah blah etc etc". What do you think?

Edit:

Its working smoothly now! I read some guides on Blogspot support section to understand how to set it up. :D Check now please at www.techomaniac.com and do give me comments and suggestions.

URL forwarding doesn't require any time for propagation. It's instant, may be you typed the wrong address (BTW its opening fine for me) but why don't you get your site transferred to WP? I mean URL forwarding is not a good option.

^ Will transfer it to WP after some time. Now busy with studies. :). Yeah, its working fine now. Currently, have set up Blogger to publish new posts at my custom domain. I am a bit new to this stuff and this is my first domain, so it took a few tries to get it right. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

nice blog.... but sure, consider switching to wordpress

I tried a couple of times to check if there was some problem accessing you site since your last request. but I didn't find any... May be you already had fixed that...

I would suggest you to try http://sysojo.com to monitor a lot of things about your website including uptime... It's free of cost

nice blog… I tried a couple of times to check if there was some problem accessing you site since your last request. but I didn’t find any… May be you already had fixed that…

I would suggest you to try http://sysojo.com to monitor a lot of things about your website including uptime… It’s free of cost

[/quote]

Thanks for appreciating and thanks for the tip. :D