Networking via bluetooth

Dear Friends

I got DSL at my home desktop PC now i also want to connect my laptop and wisht to access DSL/internet from both PC and laptop at same time. I dont have wifi system etc.. So, can I use bluetooth to connect my both computer and access internet? what whould be speed? Also give some suggestion as i cant put lan wiring at my home due to unavoidable circumstances.

Thanks

Yes it is possible. I think the max speed you can have is 3mb/s which is more then enough to use the internet on your laptop

I tried finding the speed of bluetooth but it seems it depends on the bluetooth version

Version 1.2 1 Mbit/s

Version 2.0 + EDR 3 Mbit/s

u wont have as much range and speed as compared to Wifi

yes u can connect both with bluetooth. if ur laptop has bluetooth adapter. if no then go to market a purchase a bluetooth adapter for laptop and one for PC to connect both. i think one adapter cost 300 rs. so after installing software ( packed with adapter in CD) u would be able to connect a internet broadband connection with ur pc.

It's possible but totally not worth it considering all the networking processing will take place on your CPU, whats more, bluetooth theoretical rates are much higher than what you see in person... get a cheap wireless router and be done with it...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It’s possible but totally not worth it considering all the networking processing will take place on your CPU, whats more, bluetooth theoretical rates are much higher than what you see in person… get a cheap wireless router and be done with it…
[/quote]

Thanks to all for reply. wireless router cost around Rs. 5,000/- and also need wifi card for laptop too so it would be more costly. Please suggest any wireles router you know.

Thanks

the linksys wrt54 g is a pretty solid router

You can purchase Linksys WRT54G for 3500 Rs.

You can use the bluesoleil because the most bluetooths are from China , & they donot have drivers becuase they use the ISSCBTA chipset in them whose driver can be obtained from the bluesoleil.

I read from net that bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2 has maximum speed 712kbit which quite good bot excellent and it will be quite good, if use bluetooth network setup for using dsl line at another computer.

One my friend and his brother, now they both out country for study, they were using bluetooth to connect another PC to share worldcall internet and were quite happy.

I hope comments from you all.

Thanks

Dear Friends

I installed WIDCOMM Bluetooth on my home pc which has DSL and my laptop has BlueSoleil. Both PC connected over network but no internet sharing. I shared DSL/LAN and also select option in WIDCOMM network to allow user to share internet/lan and vise versa too. But no internet available in my laptop.

Please help to setup Bluetooth networking to share internet. Right now I cant afford or not willing to invest wifi as my usage will not be very much.

Thanks

Dear Friends

I installed WIDCOMM Bluetooth on my home pc which has DSL and my laptop has BlueSoleil. Both PC connected over network but no internet sharing. I shared DSL/LAN and also select option in WIDCOMM network to allow user to share internet/lan and vise versa too. But no internet available in my laptop.

Please help to setup Bluetooth networking to share internet. Right now I cant afford or not willing to invest wifi as my usage will not be very much.

Thanks

[/quote]

Theres actually alot of OEM and unbranded wifi routers out there, even below the Rs 3,500 range. Some of these really low end routers would not offer features like securing your network with WEP / WPA encryption, but they can get the job done and far less headache than having a bluetooth setup.

Theres actually alot of OEM and unbranded wifi routers out there, even below the Rs 3,500 range. Some of these really low end routers would not offer features like securing your network with WEP / WPA encryption, but they can get the job done and far less headache than having a bluetooth setup.

[/quote]

Thanks, but i would also need wifi cards for both of my PC and cost will increase from Rs. 3,500/- to Rs. 6,000/-.

Or any other alternate please

Thanks, but i would also need wifi cards for both of my PC and cost will increase from Rs. 3,500/- to Rs. 6,000/-.

Or any other alternate please

[/quote]

Why not use Wired networking?

what about infra red :P

It is not possible to use wired becuase my sitting for using laptop would be deferent from tv loung to bedroom.

Infrared has limitation of just 12 inches distance.

Infrared has limitation of just 12 inches distance.
[/quote]

that was a joke if you didn’t noticed

that was a joke if you didn’t noticed

[/quote]

UMMMM but I am serious here and not joined here for joke. By the way, how can I know your educational and experience background in this field and I thought you serious. Any how, I am here not for joke but to solve my problems or if possible by me to solve other problems.

UMMMM but I am serious here and not joined here for joke. By the way, how can I know your educational and experience background in this field and I thought you serious. Any how, I am here not for joke but to solve my problems or if possible by me to solve other problems.

[/quote]

sorry boss relax

i am not sure but i think you can just buy a wifi card for the pc and the laptop has the wifi card already so it means you can connect both that way

or you can connect both using bluetooth and activate ICS

sorry boss relax

i am not sure but i think you can just buy a wifi card for the pc and the laptop has the wifi card already so it means you can connect both that way

or you can connect both using bluetooth and activate ICS

[/quote]

Dear Saad

How to activate ICS, I am not able to locate ICS.