Need your opinion:The name Shaista Wahidi Isn't it wrong

Dear Friend,

I want opinion of you people as you all know Shaista Wahidi is the name of a popular morning show host,I think its wrong because WAHIDI should not be written.

I don't know what are you talking about...what is this?

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:16473”]

I don’t know what are you talking about…what is this?

[/quote]

Iam just saying that WAHID means the only one and that should not be used by any one.

its only a name not an physical existing thing

[quote=“Lahori, post:3, topic:16473”]

Iam just saying that WAHID means the only one and that should not be used by any one.

[/quote]

Sorry I could not understand your point completly but if iam not wrong you are trying to say that if you call someone something it does not matter because its obvious.I agree to you to some extent but at this time Iam talking with reference to Islam.Please further clearify your point.

the forum policy do not allowing members to discus religious and political issue its Technology Forum

I believe the implication is that Wahid means god?

یہ واحدی ہے یا وحیدی؟

[quote=“ZXCVB, post:8, topic:16473”]

یہ واحدی ہے یا وحیدی؟

[/quote]

Good question.

Allah has told HIS name which is ALLAH. You can’t have this name as its only specific to and suitable for HIM.

Even واحدی means ‘belonging to the one’ for which Allah is one and we humans and everything else belongs to him being HIS creation and its what we believe. So in IMO, واحدی is not objectionable as oppose to having ‘Shaista Allah’ as name.

what a non-issues are raised by pakistani public. really stupid idiotic thread, just making issue so someone's last name for no reason

taking cue from OP Lahori you should change your name how as muslim you use non muslim hindu sanskirat name, it is blasphemy............

LAHORE (Lahori)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahore#Origins

A legend based on oral traditions holds that Lahore, known in ancient times as Lavapuri ("City of Lava" in Sanskrit),[12] was founded by Prince Lava or Loh,[13][14] the son of Rama, the Hindu deity, while Kasur was founded by his twin brother Prince Kusha.[15] To this day, Lahore Fort has a vacant temple dedicated to Lava (also pronounced Loh, hence Loh-awar or "The Fort of Loh").[16]

Who are we to decide what is right or wrong for someone else? Besides, it's not like she chose her name herself...

[quote=“Upsilon, post:11, topic:16473”]

Who are we to decide what is right or wrong for someone else? Besides, it’s not like she chose her name herself…

[/quote]

True…

[quote=“Faisal, post:9, topic:16473”]

Good question.

Allah has told HIS name which is ALLAH. You can’t have this name as its only specific to and suitable for HIM.

Even واحدی means ‘belonging to the one’ for which Allah is one and we humans and everything else belongs to him being HIS creation and its what we believe. So in IMO, واحدی is not objectionable as oppose to having ‘Shaista Allah’ as name.

[/quote]

May be first time, you have shown your wisdom. Indeed, the name is not objectionable. According to Urdu dictionaries, Wahidi means, ‘‘of one’’ or ‘‘belonging to One’’.

^ agree with FAISAL.

I think Armada nailed it: