Need wireless PC to TV

salam to all

i need Wireless PC to HDTV device . any recommendations ? and from where i could get one ?

there is no any device for transmit signals from laptop to your tv wirelessly

thats why people using hdmi cables

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

there is no any device for transmit signals from laptop to your tv wirelessly

thats why people using hdmi cables

[/quote]

Actually there are, you just don’t know it yet :D

http://www.netgear.com/ptv

salam to all

i need Wireless PC to HDTV device . any recommendations ? and from where i could get one ?

[/quote]

You mentioned PC? so i assume you are trying to do this with a desktop? or is it a laptop?

What exactly are you trying to do, i mean have the whole computer on your HDTV or just for multimedia like videos, photos etc.

If you can be more specific than we will understand what you are trying to do better.

i was going to suggest few but was lazy enuff to find links..netgear providing gud solution and also apple launched such product a year back if i'm not wrong...these are quiet common now in states.

Even Intel came up some revolutionary intel about this issue last year I guess. They said they would be rolling it out this year. It's about wireless signals to your monitor/TV eliminating the wires.

Even Intel came up some revolutionary intel about this issue last year I guess. They said they would be rolling it out this year. It’s about wireless signals to your monitor/TV eliminating the wires.
[/quote]

Maybe you are talking about the same thing that i linked in my earlier post as that technology is also by intel.

^given link sys that

"Push2TV only works with the following laptops with Intel® Wireless Display"

so it means that not every pc is compatible to transmit wireless video signals.

You mentioned PC? so i assume you are trying to do this with a desktop? or is it a laptop?

What exactly are you trying to do, i mean have the whole computer on your HDTV or just for multimedia like videos, photos etc.

If you can be more specific than we will understand what you are trying to do better.

[/quote]

please also see the word WIRELESS .

and yes thats a desktop which to be conencted through wireless to the huge HDTV (LED) .

i know there are some devices like Wireless USB docking station from Kensington.

chk it here

but this is not available here in pak . So i wanted to know something which is available here in karachi etc .

Why would you go far to just get rid of something so trivial like a connection wire?

If this is for aesthetic purposes, think again you will still have to plug the power cord somewhere.

dear i want that wireless way bcz i dont want to create mess of wires etc . That Tv is fixed in a sophisticated way and even a single wire will ruin the beauty of the same . Any how . i have gathered some data and now will call there to ask the availability of the same or not here in pak otherwise i have to order that from abroad !

Just connect a little HDMI cable along with the power cord.. It's a hassle free solution.

Well if you really want a wireless system then no one can stop u.

usually no OUTPUT from PC through HDMI .

and yes i want that in a wireless way.

haha...the reason i didn't mention the work WIRELESS is because i assumed we both we referring to wireless itself.

I was asking you the questions for your own sake.

Because if you're trying to stream HD content and if it's anything above 720p, then it might not be smooth.

If u just want your use your Desktop for chatting, surfing etc. than it will work.

How much does it cost in Pak?

Just connect a little HDMI cable along with the power cord… It’s a hassle free solution.

Well if you really want a wireless system then no one can stop u.

[/quote]

If anyone is using HDMI, that why do they need a power cord?

Isn't HDMI for the audio/video signal and the Power cord for supplying the HDTV. There is no possible way uptill now where you can power a HDTV without power.

Isn’t HDMI for the audio/video signal and the Power cord for supplying the HDTV. There is no possible way uptill now where you can power a HDTV without power.
[/quote]

well the power cable for the hdtv would already be attached to the power outlet in any case, that is a no brainer.

I was of the impression, that the power cable you mentioned had something to do with the HDMI itself.

Good that you cleared it out :D

No wifi router is good enough for streaming HD movies if that is what you need. Read Smallnetbuilders article on this issue.

No wifi router is good enough for streaming HD movies if that is what you need. Read Smallnetbuilders article on this issue.
[/quote]

WRONG !

chk this :)

[/quote]

Hd has a wide variety of resolutions and bitrates. There is microhd etc aswell. Many classifications. It all boils down to bitrate and resolution.