Need ur Guidance for Buying Motherboard

Hi, I Need Your Suggestion / Guidance

My Current Pc Config Is:

Intel Dual Core 1.8Ghz

DDR II

Sata HDD

Motherboad Was DG33FB ( Now I Don't Have )

Normal Casing with normal power Supply

No any Graphics Card or Special Cooler etc

i Need to Buy Motherboard and from day 1st i m using Intel Motherboards and my plan was to

take INTEL DG43GT because it is in my Budget and the graphics of this board is Enough to me

for Gamming

but when i was planning to buy this board it was unavailable here in PAKISTAN and Still it

is out of STOCK

i Was confused but then i heared vey much about OverClocking but also heard that this

Feature is not available in INTEL

after So much Googling i decide to go to Asus because After The Intel, Asus is distributing

here in pakistan very Much Instead of Gigabyte

and in ASUS the Same model with same CHIPSET, GRAPHICS, AUDIO is Asus P5G43T-M PRO but now the problem is

that OVERCLOCKINg in this board is not very Good

and after the searching i found ASUS P5Q-VM is Best in OC'ing and in Graphics too because of

Intel G45 CHipset and also it is very affordable

but this board is not available here in Pakistan :-(

and if i buy it from EBAY etc then the problem always remain for me is Warranty Issue

because if i get any problem so how i will claim this board and to where :-(

after all this ..... :-S

i was thinking about to upgrade to i3 pro

but for this the big ammount for processor from Dual Core to i3 and DDR from DDR II to DDr

III

i m not able to measure how much difference will i have to pay for this and also it will out

from my budget

so pls guys help me :-(

Guide me what to do

which board to select that will gv best Overclocking and also Inboard Graphics because rite

now i can't afford graphics card

and also Comparison b/w INTEL and ASUS

which is the best board in features, warranty etc

and i know price for motherboard is same in both Brands

If you want to overclock then Intel motherboards are out of the question because they don't allow overclocking.

Now lets consider Asus motherboards. AFAIK LGA 775 Asus motherboards that are widely available in Pakistan do not have voltage control options. So you can only overclock by raising the FSB. That limits overclocking.

Your options are:

a) Go to the main computer market in your city. For example if you are in Karachi then go uni plaza. See if you can find a suitable ASUS motherboard.

B) Alternatively buy a foxconn motherboard that supports CPU voltage control. You can get them at uni plaza. This one may be available locally:

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?id=en-us0000396

c) Buy used. You can get overclocking friendly Asus motherboards used. But the only problem is that motherboards do suffer from wear and tear so I wouldn't advice buying a used motherboard.

thanks for your reply :-)

hey 1st time i heared about this foxconn is it good ??

comparison in prices with Intel is same or cheaper ??

yeah i live in khi

and i survey on net about products with galaxy.pk and czone.com.pk

hmms and well what do u say about ASUS P5G43T-M PRO

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

hey 1st time i heared about this foxconn is it good ??

comparison in prices with Intel is same or cheaper ??

yeah i live in khi

and i survey on net about products with galaxy.pk and czone.com.pk

hmms and well what do u say about ASUS P5G43T-M PRO

[/quote]

Foxconn isn’t very well known. But it generally manufacturers parts for major brands like Asus, Apple, Dell, Intel etc. They are a huge manufacturer. They employ close to a million people in their chinese factories. However foxconn brand motherboards aren’t considered as good as those by Asus or MSI.

I built a new computer a few months back and I made the mistake of relying on Pakistani Internet sites to choose parts. I then went and bought from the shops close to my home. I regret buying an Intel mobo because it has few features. I suggest that you go to uni plaza or technocity because shops there have the widest variety of parts for you to choose from. Just be careful that you don’t get your pocket picked.

The ASUS P5G43T-M PRO is a DDR3 mobo so you’ll have to buy new RAM modules to use it. I suggest getting a DDR2 mobo.

hmms thanks for your opinion and guidance

yeah definately i`ll go there and yeah hehhhehheh i will be carefull :-P

thanks again

dude can i buy board from outside the pakistan and if i need to claim then go to local distributor in some rs

because the reason is only shipment

board warranty is orignal na

1 more thing

for OC CPU Cooler is must ?? or stock Cooler will manage at some range ?

and also with Power Supply, DDR bus speed etc ??

hmms thanks for your opinion and guidance

yeah definately i`ll go there and yeah hehhhehheh i will be carefull :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks again

dude can i buy board from outside the pakistan and if i need to claim then go to local distributor in some rs

because the reason is only shipment

board warranty is orignal na

[/quote]

Local distributor will not honour international motherboard warranty. If you ask the distributor to import a board especially for you they will honour the warranty but it will be more expensive.

1 more thing

for OC CPU Cooler is must ?? or stock Cooler will manage at some range ?

and also with Power Supply, DDR bus speed etc ??

[/quote]

You can do a lot of overclocking with the stock cooler these days. Just see what sort of overclocking you can do with the stock cooler and then if you hit the limit you can buy an aftermarket cooler.

The hyper 212+ from cooler master is available used at pakgamers for around 2-2.5k. Its a good cooler. Galaxy is the official distributor for cooler master so you might find it there too.

You don’t need a special PSU unless you plan to use a separate graphics card.

What speed ddr 2 ram do you have? Post your CPU model number.

Local distributor will not honour international motherboard warranty. If you ask the distributor to import a board especially for you they will honour the warranty but it will be more expensive.
[/quote]

but now i m very much afraid after reading pakgamers thread on warranty

and shingtech is the only distributor here for ASUS and really i read so much threads about them from different sources … every person he saying that they r cheaters they will not claim your board even after 10 days, they will just try to locally repair your board if they can other wise u can through ur mobo in basket

i actually want to buy ASUS mobo because of OC but in warranty matters i don’t wanna take any risk becuase i recently get 6k loss in intel dg33fb due to no warranty claim because of damage

again i m now so much confused yaar :(

You can do a lot of overclocking with the stock cooler these days. Just see what sort of overclocking you can do with the stock cooler and then if you hit the limit you can buy an aftermarket cooler.

The hyper 212+ from cooler master is available used at pakgamers for around 2-2.5k. Its a good cooler. Galaxy is the official distributor for cooler master so you might find it there too.

You don’t need a special PSU unless you plan to use a separate graphics card.

What speed ddr 2 ram do you have? Post your CPU model number.

[/quote]

2Gb DDR2 and CPU Dual Core 1.8 Ghz

what is your pc config ?

r u also using Asus mobo

Yes shingtech does not have a good reputation compared to intel distributors. It is up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.

My recommendation is not to buy any computer component if your not willing to loose the money spent on it. Any component can fail and any retailer can deny warranty claims. So always be sure to only spend what you can afford to loose.

You haven't specified the DDR2 speed. Also you haven't specified your CPU model number but I will assume it is the pentium e2160. If that is the case you need ddr2 400 to match the CPU fsb. DDR2 400 is no longer available so you can use faster RAM like 667mhz or 800mhz. The faster memory will give you more room for overclocking.

As I said before I have an intel mobo and I regret buying it. Its the intel dg41rq and its a boring motherboard. IT takes an age to POST and it has next to no features. However it is very stable and comes with a 3 year warranty.

My recommendation is not to buy any computer component if your not willing to loose the money spent on it. Any component can fail and any retailer can deny warranty claims. So always be sure to only spend what you can afford to loose.
[/quote]

yes u r rite any retailer can deny warranty claims and then after that we can do nothing except just being angry

You haven’t specified the DDR2 speed. Also you haven’t specified your CPU model number but I will assume it is the pentium e2160. If that is the case you need ddr2 400 to match the CPU fsb. DDR2 400 is no longer available so you can use faster RAM like 667mhz or 800mhz. The faster memory will give you more room for overclocking.
[/quote]

yes i have DDR2 with 667 and pentium e2160 and ram i will INSHALLAH update with 800 bus or if i need to buy DDR3 so currently i think 1333 is only available here without any huge price

As I said before I have an intel mobo and I regret buying it. Its the intel dg41rq and its a boring motherboard. IT takes an age to POST and it has next to no features. However it is very stable and comes with a 3 year warranty.
[/quote]

yes before some days when i was claiming my DG33FB the retailer was offering me to buy DG41RQ and forget about DG33FB

then i saw its features nd it was very simple board except in board graphics is Good for normally gaming like Cs etc

u know in 775 socket series INTEL G45 chipset is the bestest chipset with lots of features

@sirfnomi

heartly advice! ......what do u do on a computer? email, excel facebook, maybe mohaa or cs or dota! :D for this stuff i wud just recomend u not to waste ur bucks and buy a normall intel mobo which is compatible with current setup!

AND IF.....ur a hardcore gamer and wants to play every single new game that arrives then better plan to save some $$$ and buy a new rig! cuz if u go for i3 or i7 u need mobo change and ram change ! plus high end mobo from nvidia or asus dont have builtin gfx so u have to buy card imidiately then!

so either be happy with current setup or take a big jump cuz these things are not bought daily....hope u get what i mean!

about overclocking! Its not dangerous as such but i tell u there is hardly any difference after overclocking....cuz while in game ur video card is being used more!

if u want ur PC to be practically fast and not just add mumbo jump components...there is one work from my side

when buying a new pc....TRY AT MOST TO KEEP THE BUS SPEED OF EACH COMPONENT AT SAME LEVEL...else ur pc will work on the limited as whole on the lowest component's performance! thats y branded pc's are good (though not for gaming)

sirfnomi ...Guide me what to do which board to select that will gv best Overclocking and also Inboard Graphics because rite.....now i can't afford graphics card and also Comparison b/w INTEL and ASUS

which is the best board in features, warranty etc and i know price for motherboard is same in both Brands

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

there are many boards available in the market, intel, foxconn, asrock ecs xfx etc etc.

intel i recommend for stabilty but it has no overclocking features

asus i recomend for overclocking (do this at your rick as it will probably void your warranty)

so its upto to you

price is not the same in all boards, a core i3 board of asus 8700 and upwards. intel core i3 boards are 8000 rs and ecs are 7500 rs.

good luck

Unless you want to overclock the crap out of your CPU, you wont need voltage modding. You can get any ASUS motherboard with a G41/P43 chipset and it will allow more than enough OCing