Need to Configure tp link with PTCL router

Salam everyone

I have a tp link model TL-WA801ND and ptcl router new model tenda with 3g/4g port

I want to connect my tp link with ptcl router in bridge with AP mode. I tried everything like change ip address, static ip, dynamic ip, univesal repeater, WDS mode etc. After configure tp link I cannot connect with tp link. It stuck on obtaining ip address. I saw an option in PTCL router called wireless bridge. In this option we can enable wireless bridge devices. It search and save mac address of those devices who configured in bridge mode. But when I add my tp link in this option my tp link not showing PTCL wifi signal in survay list. 2nd thing is tp link is giving problem with just PTCL router.

Please tell me if anyone know about this

What is your end objective?

Hello!

These are the most often used methods for using PTCL's modem router and another wireless router:

1) ptcl's modem in (pure) bridge mode with the wireless router controlling the pppoe connection ... useful when the wireless router is more 'advanced'

2) ptcl's router with wireless router in WAP mode ... useful when you want the ptcl router to retain all control

Option 2 might also be used to extend wireless coverage via LAN/Ethernet cable as both routers can have wifi enabled!

If however, you want to extend wireless coverage using wifi, you need either:

- WDS support in both routers ... though compatibility across different brands varies or

- Wireless Repeater Mode support in one of the routers or

- 3rd party/custom firmware support (like dd-wrt, openwrt, ...) in one of the routers that might enable extra functionality like repeater mode

You may ask here for further explanation(s) once you make a choice!

Regards,

Ahmed

[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:3, topic:22446”]

Hello!

These are the most often used methods for using PTCL’s modem router and another wireless router:

1) ptcl’s modem in (pure) bridge mode with the wireless router controlling the pppoe connection … useful when the wireless router is more 'advanced’

2) ptcl’s router with wireless router in WAP mode … useful when you want the ptcl router to retain all control

Option 2 might also be used to extend wireless coverage via LAN/Ethernet cable as both routers can have wifi enabled!

- WDS support in both routers … though compatibility across different brands varies or

- 3rd party/custom firmware support (like dd-wrt, openwrt, …) in one of the routers that might enable extra functionality like repeater mode

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

I tried repeater mode but still hang on obtaining ip address tpk have

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:3, topic:22446”]

Hello!

These are the most often used methods for using PTCL’s modem router and another wireless router:

1) ptcl’s modem in (pure) bridge mode with the wireless router controlling the pppoe connection … useful when the wireless router is more 'advanced’

2) ptcl’s router with wireless router in WAP mode … useful when you want the ptcl router to retain all control

- WDS support in both routers … though compatibility across different brands varies or

- 3rd party/custom firmware support (like dd-wrt, openwrt, …) in one of the routers that might enable extra functionality like repeater mode

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

I can not connect ethernet cable so option 1 is solution. Can u explain about wireless bridge. I thing I need to understand ptcl router settings for give access wireless bridge connection to tp link router .I have advance tp link router with options

AP

Repeater

Universal repeater

bridge with AP

Multi SSID

1 more thing my tp link ip address is 192.168.0.254 and ptcl router ip address is 192.168.10.1

But I think when I disable DHCP then ip address does not metter.

It is my thinking and I am not good in networking.Can u tell me Better.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:22446”]

What is your end objective?
[/quote]

How can I config tp link with ptcl router to extend wifi range using bridge with AP option

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGx6vJP1q12k0AdJSLRj3_w this is my youtube channel and my next video will about the ptcl to ptcl wireless bridge and also i will explain you about tp-link bridge must visite my channel and please subscribe to watch my more videos thank u.