[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:3, topic:22446”]
These are the most often used methods for using PTCL’s modem router and another wireless router:
1) ptcl’s modem in (pure) bridge mode with the wireless router controlling the pppoe connection … useful when the wireless router is more 'advanced’
2) ptcl’s router with wireless router in WAP mode … useful when you want the ptcl router to retain all control
Option 2 might also be used to extend wireless coverage via LAN/Ethernet cable as both routers can have wifi enabled!
If however, you want to extend wireless coverage using wifi, you need either:
- WDS support in both routers … though compatibility across different brands varies or
- Wireless Repeater Mode support in one of the routers or
- 3rd party/custom firmware support (like dd-wrt, openwrt, …) in one of the routers that might enable extra functionality like repeater mode
You may ask here for further explanation(s) once you make a choice!
I can not connect ethernet cable so option 1 is solution. Can u explain about wireless bridge. I thing I need to understand ptcl router settings for give access wireless bridge connection to tp link router .I have advance tp link router with options
bridge with AP
1 more thing my tp link ip address is 192.168.0.254 and ptcl router ip address is 192.168.10.1
But I think when I disable DHCP then ip address does not metter.
It is my thinking and I am not good in networking.Can u tell me Better.
Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk