Need suggestions for Headphones

that ll just blow ur ears off :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

guys i also wana buy some heavy headphones… i saw these are available at galaxy…

http://www.a4tech.com/product.asp?cid=66&scid=67&id=536

these are 5.1 surround headphones with a subwoofer and 4 speakers in each headphone…

i think i am in love in them after reading their specs… a subwoofer in headphones… that ll blow my mind…

kindly suggest…

[/quote]

I am also considering to buy these, same love :P

I am also considering to buy these, same love :P

[/quote]

infact i hav already found a seller for these phones at a very goood price… i m gona get them in about 2 or 3 days…

till now im with firecruz. I have tested almost all of the headphones here but the most comfortable are of ipod's. One can listen to the music 6 hours straight.

guys i also wana buy some heavy headphones… i saw these are available at galaxy…

http://www.a4tech.com/product.asp?cid=66&scid=67&id=536

these are 5.1 surround headphones with a subwoofer and 4 speakers in each headphone…

i think i am in love in them after reading their specs… a subwoofer in headphones… that ll blow my mind…

kindly suggest…

[/quote]

specs dont tell anything. these headphones are garbage.

specs dont tell anything. these headphones are garbage.

[/quote]

cool… then can you kindly shed some light on garbage thing?

because many people around gave +ve feddback about them…

and which ones you suggest are awesome…

None of the A4tech headphones come with drivers for win 7. I have HD 200, they work really good on win xp. Had to use them using compatibility mode in win vista and then couldn't use them on win 7 cuz the software wouldn't simply work on win 7. I have tried to contact A4tech several times to make available the driver for win 7 but they don't seem interested either. I recommend you go for any other brand if you are using win 7. A4tech's headphones are just crap on win 7 and its useless to throw away money. If you really wanna splash your money around go for bose. I don't know those are available here in Pakistan but the ones i saw in Dubai were around PKR 35000/- so take your pick :)

a4tech hu510 headphones are working for me in win7.

cool… then can you kindly shed some light on garbage thing?

because many people around gave +ve feddback about them…

and which ones you suggest are awesome…

[/quote]

I used to own the Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1 headphones. They were for 7000rs and they sucked like hell. There is NO WAY you will ever get 5.1 in headphones. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. The closest you can get is through Dolby Surround which does a pretty good job IMO. I currently own a Logitech G35 and it has the same tech and it works pretty well.

About which one to get, get any A4Tech with Dolby surround. These 5.1 are known to break down pretty quickly.

One of the main reasons why true 5.1 headphones arnt good is because of the multiple drivers they use. 90% of the sounds you hear come through the front L/R drivers. What these 5.1 headphones do is that due to space limitations, they make these drivers smaller in size to accommodate the subwoofer and rear speakers which in turn harms the sound quality. The bigger the front L/R drivers the better the sound quality generally. Unfortunately in 5.1 headphones thats not the case.

@all here!

people get a life! buy some 7.1 surround speakers with some custom designed woofer if ur an enthusiast. If not...better of with 2 zoltix chanknaz!

And i dont know how people can put on these big jumbo headset and their ears dont ache after an hour or so? plus i feel itchy and swet near wearing that even the AC is on! I just bought 250rs heaset whose speaker i dont use but only for its good pic positioning! else i have audionic 7.1 ....not much but still works good!

@all here!

people get a life! buy some 7.1 surround speakers with some custom designed woofer if ur an enthusiast. If not…better of with 2 zoltix chanknaz!

And i dont know how people can put on these big jumbo headset and their ears dont ache after an hour or so? plus i feel itchy and swet near wearing that even the AC is on! I just bought 250rs heaset whose speaker i dont use but only for its good pic positioning! else i have audionic 7.1 …not much but still works good!

[/quote]

i dont think you’ve ever owned a good pair of headphones. i can wear my G35 all day long and they’ll still feel comfortable

mmmmmmm.....for how much u got em?

I was also feeling like getting a new pair of headsets. As i'm currently using my Nokia handsfree(earbuds). I use them while playing games and listening songs. I feel comfortable with them. I used to have panasonic headphones they worked awesome, but died!

AFAIK G35 is near 10k. Its useless to spend that much on a head phones!

AFAIK G35 is near 10k. Its useless to spend that much on a head phones!

[/quote]

Thats a subjective opinion and it solely depends on the budget.

Thats a subjective opinion and it solely depends on the budget.

[/quote]

so you mean i should go for a4tech hd200 which hav simulated dolby sound…

I was just about to order HU-510 from galaxy, but after reading ammarmalik's posts, I'm confused.

Ammarmalik dude have you tried A4tech HU-510 ?

EDIT: I need headphones for watching DTS 5.1 movies, and have 2k budget, what should I go for ?

My laptop has SRS Premium Sound, and a very nice sound driver that gives special support for headphones, so I don't think headphones with virtual dolby will benefit me, as I can use my laptops sound card.

I was just about to order HU-510 from galaxy, but after reading ammarmalik’s posts, I’m confused.

Ammarmalik dude have you tried A4tech HU-510 ?

EDIT: I need headphones for watching DTS 5.1 movies, and have 2k budget, what should I go for ?

My laptop has SRS Premium Sound, and a very nice sound driver that gives special support for headphones, so I don’t think headphones with virtual dolby will benefit me, as I can use my laptops sound card.

[/quote]

same here… i was 100% gona buy them…

My laptop has SRS Premium Sound, and a very nice sound driver that gives special support for headphones, so I don’t think headphones with virtual dolby will benefit me, as I can use my laptops sound card.
[/quote]

you do know tht hu510 is a usb headphone and has no relation with the installed sound card in your machine…

you do know tht hu510 is a usb headphone and has no relation with the installed sound card in your machine…

[/quote]

thats what I’m saying that if the Virtual Dolby Surround Usb headphones from A4tech are recommended,IMO it would be better to save money and get simple 3.5mm jack good quality headphones A4Tech, as my laptop’s soundcard supports virtual dolby surround, and has many other features too…

I would prefer the virtual dolby. They sound better, they have better built quality and overall they are simply plug and play no drivers hassle. You can install drivers, but for me they worked fine without too.

I would prefer the virtual dolby. They sound better, they have better built quality and overall they are simply plug and play no drivers hassle. You can install drivers, but for me they worked fine without too.
[/quote]

and i would like some amplified sound with some good bass… [in headphones only… i cant turn up volume beyond my room]

and i see only one headphones in good price range which have a subwoofer in them…

yar i m gona take a leap of faith and go for these hu 510…