Need suggestion

Somebody is trying to sell me a pc, none branded, fairly used (2 years maybe).

It has 500GB WD HDD(don't know if it 8mb or 16mb cache), 2GB RAM single module (don't know which one but in BIOS it says "single sided" either 800mhz or 1066mhz bus speed, intel 945nb something mobo (not sure about the mobo at all but it has a 1firewire port3 or 4 usb ports , 6 sata ports), sony dvd writer, 2.4ghz quad core processor Q6600 or E6600 (not sure but its either one of them with 2x4096 l2 cache, with big server type casing (3 cd/dvd rom capacity, 4 hhd capacity) and 650watt power supply(looks like good power supply. bult in 256 mb grafic memory/sound card. a fan in front/back and over the processor. first time i saw that pc there was a ati 2600 HD something card maybe 256mb.

no warranties of any sort.

How much should i pay him? there is no OS installed in the system so i can't check it properly.

He is asking 37000 without the ati2600 GFX card and 30500 without the hDD, GFX CARD and DVD writer.

My usage for this PC would only be entertainment based (no gaming)... just for 24/7 dloading and watching 1080p hi-def stuff, music etc.

PLZ help me out to do this right as i don't know what to pay or not to pay.

Nobody's interested ?

Anyone.... ?

hey dont pay him more than 28k sa 30k for full system...37k is too much for this pc

btw if u r not a gamer donot buy pc wid such specs!!!!

finally somebody replied.... thank you for ur advice.

No i am not a gamer, i don't a PC with such specs but sometimes i really need a pc with gaming specs to do some non-gaming stuff. besides my lil bro is a gamer.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

finally somebody replied… thank you for ur advice.

No i am not a gamer, i don’t a PC with such specs but sometimes i really need a pc with gaming specs to do some non-gaming stuff. besides my lil bro is a gamer.

[/quote]

you might wanna test the machine out before buying it, if you cant hassle him to install a os download a ubuntu live cd. (download & burn the live cd and boot up the computer with the live cd in the optical drive, the operating system will boot up and it should give you a idea if everything is A-OK)

Yea if i am gonna buy that system, I will "make" him install the OS for me check it thoroughly....

Thanks for ur advice.

27k is enough!