Need Suggestion for My dead AGS Battery

anything below 10v is a dead battery .. 6V means not recoverable..

you can sell the battery.. 2800 is ok price ,, price is dependent on the weight of battery so it varies with model to model..you wont get any benefit from the battery now,

have you recharged the battery? did your pour new acid and charge it? it canot be 6V after a recharge.. it needs to be charged for 6 hours atleast before use.. and fresh acid should atleast provide a little increased backup.

Ask ur battery wala to Pour Fresh acid in it and put it on slow charge for atleast 16-18hrs. it take u couple of days and ur battery will be ok inshallah. By the way which ups are u using i.e local or branded

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:21, topic:22036”]

anything below 10v is a dead battery .. 6V means not recoverable..

you can sell the battery.. 2800 is ok price ,, price is dependent on the weight of battery so it varies with model to model..you wont get any benefit from the battery now,

have you recharged the battery? did your pour new acid and charge it? it canot be 6V after a recharge.. it needs to be charged for 6 hours atleast before use.. and fresh acid should atleast provide a little increased backup.

[/quote]

FInally The problem solved in dramatic way, When I returned The shop owner was there Which was an old chap (But I wasn't aware of that before) He replaced my battery AGS 165 free of cost with OSAKA 175 (this battery was retuned under warranty) and he told me use it untill you can and then buy new one ... Amazing :)

He also told me that my AGS battery is swollen and three cells are totally destroyed therefore just forget it .....

Now I'm back with this OSAKA battery it was showing 11.98 V then after two hours of charging voltage were at 13.39 V but the voltage remained at 13.39V after three hours ..........

The acid inside is blackish and because of his generosity I couldn't ask him to replace it with clear liquid .....

[quote=", post:22, topic:22036"]

Ask ur battery wala to Pour Fresh acid in it and put it on slow charge for atleast 16-18hrs. it take u couple of days and ur battery will be ok inshallah. By the way which ups are u using i.e local or branded

[/quote]

I'm using Homage .....

And for other users who may benifit from information in this thread below are images of all six cells Just for refrence .....

Cell view at first day

24ywp5e.jpg

And the day it declared dead ...... with 6.3V

9t2ura.jpg

35mm5wz.jpg

wjxo7.jpg

2psh7v6.jpg

1610lw.jpg

imlahz.jpg

2m4x7ix.jpg

ojm168.jpg

Bought new AGS battery of 185AH from AGS battery Pakistan Working fine from 6 months.