Need suggestion for digital recievers & dish

Hi friends,

I'm from a remote area of Punjab where cable facility is not available.We've been waiting for PTCL channels for many yrs. but it seems there's no possibility of starting these channels in near future.I seek your worthwhile advice regarding a Dish-Reciever set up having Pakistani Urdu news channels,BBC,CNN,10 Sports,National Geographic,Discovery etc.The system must be cheap /low cast.Thanks.

That will be very expensive for you. Maybe near 1,000,000 rupees or more. Purchasing decoders for packages (encoded channels) are expensive. Furthermore, motorized or multiple dish proper setup with digital receiver (that can receive decoders). The whole setup will cost you a lot.

A cable-operator also face all these expense but they collect little by little from each house every month and able to make profit.

Simply get DSL (512kbps is enough) and then watch internet tv.

Same is the problem on my end. Cable Wala not coming>> because my area is away from their network and their is a risk of theft of their cable. lol . PTCL a real crap, so need to write more on PTCL.

I have got a FREE to Air digital satelite receiver (EUROSTAR EURO-BOX EB-999) from UAE and it cost me RS.10000. But yet I have to install it with a dish. I discussed it with a person in market and he told me another Rs.5500 will be rquired to fix the dish with two LNB's with a six feet dish. I will be able to watch 100 channels from that. National Geographic, Discovery, Star channels, HBO etc are not free, for that you want cards which a person else cable wala cannot afford. I give you a link from which you could see the list of free to air channels and what sort of satelite it will require to receive. you will be well able to get crap like GEO, AAJ, and such hasty wasty channels and you will be able to get updated on every suicide attack before it could have happen. As I know few time ago GEO reported: "In Rawalpindi explosion voice is heard, a very large explosion" but after that they had to put clearification of ISPR that it was a fault in the engine of a jet fighter.

Coming to the topic. You may also monthly pakage where you have to pay fee but I think they are also not very cheap. Here in free to air thingy you will have to choose your satelite as per your channels demand. Some top satelite channels for Pakistani viewers are are:

• AsiaSat 3S

• Paksat 1

• Intelsat 10

• Thaicom 5

• Hot Bird 6

Well link is:

http://www.lyngsat.com/

Same is the problem on my end. Cable Wala not coming>> because my area is away from their network and their is a risk of theft of their cable. lol . PTCL a real crap, so need to write more on PTCL.

I have got a FREE to Air digital satelite receiver (EUROSTAR EURO-BOX EB-999) from UAE and it cost me RS.10000. But yet I have to install it with a dish. I discussed it with a person in market and he told me another Rs.5500 will be rquired to fix the dish with two LNB's with a six feet dish. I will be able to watch 100 channels from that. National Geographic, Discovery, Star channels, HBO etc are not free, for that you want cards which a person else cable wala cannot afford. I give you a link from which you could see the list of free to air channels and what sort of satelite it will require to receive. you will be well able to get crap like GEO, AAJ, and such hasty wasty channels and you will be able to get updated on every suicide attack before it could have happen. As I know few time ago GEO reported: "In Rawalpindi explosion voice is heard, a very large explosion" but after that they had to put clearification of ISPR that it was a fault in the engine of a jet fighter.

Coming to the topic. You may also monthly pakage where you have to pay fee but I think they are also not very cheap. Here in free to air thingy you will have to choose your satelite as per your channels demand. Some top satelite channels for Pakistani viewers are are:

• AsiaSat 3S

• Paksat 1

• Intelsat 10

• Thaicom 5

• Hot Bird 6

Well link is:

http://www.lyngsat.com/

Get a dish Tv Dude

Yeah get DishTV, It should cost about 10-20k(not sure, i got it about 2-3 years ago) for the whole setup and about 9k per year but you won't get pakistani channels, for that you'll have to get another decoder and you can get pakistani channels which are free to air. Thats what I have done, I too live in a remote area in Punjab.

There are shops which give you the 3 feet dish + receiver and they also set it for you but they charge you monthly Rs.750 monthly.

a free to air receiver costs 1500 these days (Chinese maal u know)

and i guess the dish antenna might come for a 5k along with the LNB

DishTV comes for 5k probably and then 700 Rs/month