Need some update about Wi-Tribe's services

I have been hearing a lot of praises about this company? What's your opinion?Is it worth my investment?I am an online gamer as well as office worker.Also I have asked their customer services about their policy for those who cross the given data cap(15 GB e.tc).They said that you simply cannot exceed the limit because they will reduce the speed to dial-up(54 Kb/s),hence the subscriber will have to PURCHASE additional limit.IS IT TRUE?Answer these questions and I will be most grateful to you all.I live at block-7 Gulshan-e-Iqbal Karachi

Thanks

P.S:Admin,If this topic is a double post,then I am sorry.You can delete this topic or ban me for violating the rules of this forum :(.

yeah it is true,they dont have unlimited connection...all you will be using is with cap.

and their service is not outstanding...its just average only if you have good signals in your area..otherwise you will face terrible headache.

end result?,go for wateen instead.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yeah it is true,they dont have unlimited connection…all you will be using is with cap.

and their service is not outstanding…its just average only if you have good signals in your area…otherwise you will face terrible headache.

end result?,go for wateen instead.

[/quote]

Did you use wi-tribe before or are you still using it?

P.S:sorry for my bad English.I am a bit sleepy right now

i used it for 6 days and then returned the device...speed was only 50kb on 1mb caped connection...and that was only when i got good signals.

i used it for 6 days and then returned the device…speed was only 50kb on 1mb caped connection…and that was only when i got good signals.
[/quote]

6 days?Hmmm…Maybe I should give Wateen a try.

Do they give free trails just like wi-tribe?

6 days?Hmmm…Maybe I should give Wateen a try.

Do they give free trails just like wi-tribe?

[/quote]

Try Qubee, its far better than Wateen (If u r in KHI)

Try Qubee, its far better than Wateen (If u r in KHI)

[/quote]

I did and it IS good.But their data limit and the overcharging policy forced me to get rid of it which caused me to suffer from a billing issue because I registered at the end of the month and after using it for five days I got a notification that I have crossed the temporary limit of 3 GB!!! UNBELIEVABLE! .Now I want to have a decent wimax provider who give unlimited data(download/upload).

I did and it IS good.But their data limit and the overcharging policy forced me to get rid of it which caused me to suffer from a billing issue because I registered at the end of the month and after using it for five days I got a notification that I have crossed the temporary limit of 3 GB!!! UNBELIEVABLE! .Now I want to have a decent wimax provider who give unlimited data(download/upload).

[/quote]

then try wateen 1 MB connection its virtually unlimited.

then try wateen 1 MB connection its virtually unlimited.

[/quote]

As I mentioned before,I wanted to go for the 1MB unlimited,all I want is some feedback,experience about the performance from the Wateen users(current or former) themselves before spending my hard earned money.

well,give wateen a try.you will not be disapointed.

I tried wi-tribe before giving wateen a try, but after installing in my home I came to know that there are jammers in my area and no wifi service will work. Went to PTCL and they said the same thing. Thanks God I got refund from wi-tribe.

Then went to wateen, They promised that they have full coverage but still I forced the guy that I will return the device if it wont be working. The guy at wateen I forced him to come to my house and if starts working I i will. Usually these sale persons get commision on connection so he came with me. :)

After testing 1 hour and I kept him waiting at my door I paid him 2700 for wateen 1mb unlimited. It has been working good from last 2 days. I dont know what speed im getting as I dont download too much but im satisfied with my browsing and youtube streaming.

The worst thing with wifi connections are the signals. If wateen is best it can be worst for you if your not getting stable signals like wi tribe was worst for me. So give a try to every company. just dont call them, go to there office, drag some sales guy to your home and see if it works or return it and you wont lose any money. Play with them and you will be happy.

May be you can mention your area so anybody here can tell you if any service is good at that part of the world.:P

Just thought i should tell you guys my experience as well. I got it installed on 27th august. It's been working fine since then. Even though my modem shows only one light! I have a 512k connection with a 6 gb cap and get a constant download speed of 60k per second which is good enough for me since i don't do much downloading these days. The speed on browsing though is a bit less. It's around 40k per second as shown by opera. Although i think this 6gb cap thing is not enough these days even if you don't download anything. I consumed around 3gb in only a week. So i am thinking of using their summer promotion of 5gb for 99 rupees.

Robin

hey dis is danish

n i m working in wi-tribe and i wanna tel u guys that wi tribe is the only sencair Wi Max Broad Band compny compny in pakistan . Because v r providing best services and quality services to aur customer

v r not like ptcl and wateen

v are commiting what v can do!

for example u can take ptcl broad band look at there customer services

1st v provide demo to the customer then v sale aur services

v provide 3 days of trial to the customer if he is not setisfied with aur services he or she can return aur services to the nearest out let of wi tribe his/her hole amount will be returned

is any one wants to contect me surely

i m available

Danish

^ Danish read this: http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19

You are not allowed to speak on behalf of any company until and unless you verify your identify and get a CSR title from the admin team.

we are providing 3 pakages

256=650 per month

512=750 per month

1 mb=950 per month

if u tale normal modam u gonna pay 500 activation charges and if u take wi fy device u have to pay 1500

USM activation charges are 2500 Rs

All wimax operators are useless.

All wimax operators are useless.
[/quote]

Depends on your average usage.Since wimax is a new technology,it will take some years for it to mature (I remember DSL services being capped during the 90’s)

Depends on your average usage.Since wimax is a new technology,it will take some years for it to mature (I remember DSL services being capped during the 90’s)

[/quote]

i agree everything Needs Time :)

so wait couple of Months or years to get things Settle :P

[/quote]

Even if one uses it for browsing, disconnection and high ping issue is going to screw him. IMO, those who have access to DSL, should NOT even consider wireless internet.

Clearwire is a company that holds stakes in almost all the wimax operators around the world. They provide their services on 2.5G spectrum. And their cellular companies are operating at 3G or 4G. In pak, idiots are providing service in the same spectrum as that of wireless local loop/evdo etc. Even worse, they share the same BTS.

Elsewhere, operators are providing IPTV via wimax and our operators are busy in rolling out ridiculous packages accompanied by frequent downtime issues. No wonder people call Wateen ‘yateem’.

And did you know that wi tribe is made up of mobilink staff?

In this environment, i am better off not waiting for anyone. Wireless to wireless internet, Pakistan is not going to enjoy the broadband dream (in its true spirit) till at least next decade.

:)

Technology takes time. Pakistan takes time, two times :)

Even if one uses it for browsing, disconnection and high ping issue is going to screw him. IMO, those who have access to DSL, should NOT even consider wireless internet.

Clearwire is a company that holds stakes in almost all the wimax operators around the world. They provide their services on 2.5G spectrum. And their cellular companies are operating at 3G or 4G. In pak, idiots are providing service in the same spectrum as that of wireless local loop/evdo etc. Even worse, they share the same BTS.

Elsewhere, operators are providing IPTV via wimax and our operators are busy in rolling out ridiculous packages accompanied by frequent downtime issues. No wonder people call Wateen ‘yateem’.

And did you know that wi tribe is made up of mobilink staff?

In this environment, i am better off not waiting for anyone. Wireless to wireless internet, Pakistan is not going to enjoy the broadband dream (in its true spirit) till at least next decade.

:)

Technology takes time. Pakistan takes time, two times :)

[/quote]

You are comparing an underdeveloped country like Pakistan with the entire world(and Clearwire)?!Even in Telecommunication we are way behind almost everyone because of the lack of resources and especially manpower.

I couldn’t understand the second paragraph about Clearwire’s stake in global deployment of wimax.What does that have to do with the current deteriorating situation about wimax in Pakistan?

About IPTV,read my first paragraph carefully.

About wi-tribe,no comments

And about the broadband dream,we are already near to turn it into a reality.Its just that we are unable to fulfill its basic conditions to keep it within our reach(lack of know-hows,manpower e.t.c)