Need some advice concerning a credit card application

hey all, i thinking about going for a ubl visa credit card and i was hoping for some comments & suggestions from any customers here concerning their services and customer support. i called the helpline a while back and after almost a week i got a call from a sales agent, who doesn't seem too bright. strangely enough he didn't seem to know where zaibunissa street in saddar was, im thinking about going to the ubl branch and requesting another agent. he also gave me bad info concerning what documents they need for the application, so what do you guys think i should do? stick with this dude or request another agent?

thanks

only problem with UBL is annual registration - billing is OK - but try getting Alfalah - their billing system and offers are worth more than any other card. plus there are additional security features with Alfalah - like Geographical fence of your card - limited internet usage unless you dont permit for a specific times etc...

Can UBL credit card be used online?

With respect to binaryzero, Alfalah sucks.

In Pakistan both have about the same level of service but online and abroad are a different story.

UBL has much better back end services, payment processing is faster, works absolutely everywhere, the customer support (0800) is excellent. I've never had my UBL card declined once in 3 years. Alfalah I've been using for 5 years and had it declined more times than I would care to count.

@Archim3des Agents are a dime a dozen and often change banks on a whim. Just call their 0800 number and ask them, they would tell you the quickest/complete procedure.

@Specter: Yes, very quick too.

@Abbas, are there any particular requirements I need to fulfill before I can apply for their credit card?

Man, how come I didn't know their credit card worked online!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@Abbas, are there any particular requirements I need to fulfill before I can apply for their credit card?

Man, how come I didn’t know their credit card worked online!

[/quote]

Yes, you have to be employed at a firm with a physical presence in Pakistan (employment letter required). Or you need to be self-employed and must produce your 6 months income tax submissions.

Oh, but if I earn my income online, I don't need to pay the income tax right? And I suppose this make me ineligible for the credit card application. :(

Oh, but if I earn my income online, I don’t need to pay the income tax right? And I suppose this make me ineligible for the credit card application. :(
[/quote]

You always pay income tax on income, regardless of where you earn it. If you don’t CHOOSE to pay income tax then thats another story…

Oh, but if I earn my income online, I don’t need to pay the income tax right? And I suppose this make me ineligible for the credit card application. :(
[/quote]

Unfortunately, that’s correct. And I neither have the time, nor can be bothered with all the paperwork necessary to file income tax as a sole proprietor/trader and then be eligible for a credit card. Perhaps that’s an inconvenient hassle just to get a credit card, so I’m living without one.

Though, the system is pretty flawed and you can easily prove to them that you have a job (a friend in an HR dept. or a small company of a friend or relative can help). I, fortunately, am unwilling to take that route. :)

what about standard chartered anyone had any bad experiences with them?

what about standard chartered anyone had any bad experiences with them?
[/quote]

I would recommend you to go with UBL. SCB credit cards are ok, but UBL has the best over all package. Good customer service, and the card actually has useable features, like getting point for petrol and so on, that actually works. Go with UBL.

Forget MCB, HBL and the like.

Though, the system is pretty flawed and you can easily prove to them that you have a job (a friend in an HR dept. or a small company of a friend or relative can help). I, fortunately, am unwilling to take that route. :)
[/quote]

Oh come on, I’m willing to go that route. As long as I don’t use my CC for illegal purposes, it’s completely legit in my book.

Actually I didn't even apply for the UBL card, I leased a car several years back and got the credit card in the mail just like that. I called to ask them why I got a card with my name on it that I haven't even applied for, they told me they have pre-approved all UBL drive customers for credit cards. If I didn't want it, I should just cut the card and drop it the nearest UBL branch with a letter saying I'm not interested.

I kept it and over the years found it to be the most usable card I have.

Actually I didn’t even apply for the UBL card, I leased a car several years back and got the credit card in the mail just like that. I called to ask them why I got a card with my name on it that I haven’t even applied for, they told me they have pre-approved all UBL drive customers for credit cards. If I didn’t want it, I should just cut the card and drop it the nearest UBL branch with a letter saying I’m not interested.

I kept it and over the years found it to be the most usable card I have.

[/quote]

wow what a story

Go for UBL credit card. I have one and use more frequently and get petrol free instead of any rewards. UBL petrol instead of rewards is good than getting rewards by using other creadit cards and the offer cheap products at very high points. You can reimbursed credit card joining/ annual charges by getting petrol.