Need Information About Importing Things in Pakistan!

Hi All How are you ?

I like to Know about Tax...How Much Tax i have to Pay To get a electronic Thing in pakistan?

I Bought a RAM DDR2 From Ebay and a Seller told me that If you Import things in Pakistan You have to Pay 25 % tax for it ?

I have to pay it ? he sent using Airmail and he also took Shipping fee From me and i just wanna know I have to Pay 25 % tax to get a RAM or not ?

Thanks please Answer anyone who knows About it

First of all don't capitalise the first letter of every word.

There is no duty on computer memory import in Pakistan. Only monitor importers have to pay customs duty.

Are you sure there is no custom duty to import ram here ?

and its my Hobby to capitalise the words ;( sorry for that :)

Yes I am sure. Governments around the world are trying to encourage the adoption of IT because it is important for economic development. So import duties on computer parts is removed to encourage the use of computers. You can confirm the Pak government's position on this matter by visiting the fbr website:

http://www.fbr.gov.pk/newcu/TARIFF/Tarrif20102011.asp

Thanks Alot bro you made my day !!!

as i already told you guys i bought RAM so if i have to pay 30 % tax lol it cost me more then the RAM cost here

Thanks once again bro

Do post here once you get the RAM. Customs in Pakistan can still charge "chaye paani" even if there's no legal customs duty.

I've received computer parts via Post Office (I assume Airmail is by Post) and I was charged nothing except 10-20 Rupees as storage fee or something. I have also received parts by DHL, Fedex etc. and they will charge you custom duty, not just for monitor as per rules but everything.

The Seller Shipped it using Airmail so i will get Charged ? 30 % tax or not ?

and can you please tell me where you Bought things Online ? from DHL or fedex ? Thanks :)

Airmail is Post so hopefully not and bought a computer part from eBay which was shipped by DHL.

Ok Thanks for your Help

Really Helpfull that was :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I’ve received computer parts via Post Office (I assume Airmail is by Post) and I was charged nothing except 10-20 Rupees as storage fee or something. I have also received parts by DHL, Fedex etc. and they will charge you custom duty, not just for monitor as per rules but everything.
[/quote]

Wow. That’s weird. Why would DHL / Fedex charge custom duty if it’s exempt of duties. :S

Airmail is Post so hopefully not and bought a computer part from eBay which was shipped by DHL.
[/quote]

From which country ? How much will it cost import a router from USA ?

Wow. That’s weird. Why would DHL / Fedex charge custom duty if it’s exempt of duties. :S
[/quote]

No idea but they won’t hand over the stuff unless it is paid. I was asked for ridiculous amount once by UPS. I did pay but kept asking them for clarification i.e. what rate/schedule/tariff have I been charged, I also sent them the Government rate, which meant a lower amount. I sent it to UPS Headoffice in Karachi and Asia/Asia-Pacific Office as well, the result? They deleted my consignment/tracking number from their records the next day. :-/

BTW. The duty is probably ZERO but they take GST/FED on import, the Government percentages are obvious but couriers don’t really explain and put a breakdown in front of you.

--

Are you sure there is no custom duty to import ram here ?

and its my Hobby to capitalise the words ;( sorry for that :)

[/quote]

Haha I Like Your Hobby… It’s Really Irritating … And Takes Painstakingly More Time to Type :D:smiley:

Well RAM weight is around 0.19 lbs i think so or 1 lbs not much i want to Know they will charge me something or not ? and if Yes then how much :(

You know, Custom duty is must to be paid. Custom duty depends upon the weight and size of the thing, you are importing.
[/quote]

You mean the customs department is run like a vegetable market?

I can't say how the custom are applied. Each time I import something, it's always arbitrary costs applied. And it works different in each city. My friend was charged 4k in customs for what I was charged 1k. Next time I imported the stuff from same category, I was charged 2k for almost same value. Go figure!

p.s. I am talking about Fedex here.

better to use USPS express for lower custom duties. sometimes they even forget to charge duties. my camera arrived here from US without any duties for some reason.

but when i ordered some tripod and camera accessories in 3kg box i was ripped 7k from them on 250$ purchase. it was UPS BTW not USPS.

Hey brother RealOmi, can i have your email ID to talk over msn?