Need help with motherboard

I had a gigabyte z87--hd3 motherboard which I've been using for over an year. Recently, it has been out of order and now I want a new motherboard. I have an intel core i5 4670k processor and an evga gtx 970 gpu.

P.S I donot overclock and have a tight budget so please suggest accordingly. Thanks

What exactly is your budget?

You can go for any H97 chipset mobo. In case you later upgrade to 5th gen pro then you won't need to upgrade your mobo again.

Budget is around 8k.

^ I see... why don't raise it upto 11k & get a H97 mobo?

But if that's not an option, then go for ASUS B85M-G. ASUS is awesome & durable, and there's the added benefit of overclocking in case you decide to experiment with overclocking in future.

Yeah 11k only for mobo is too damn high for my budget as I am also planning to buy a cooler master hyper 212 evo cooler for the processor which is arround 4k speaking of which, is this cooler necessary for the CPU or CPU is just fine with stock cooler which comes with it? My old processor got burnt anx my retailer has advised me to replace the cooler from stock to the one I've mentioned

Intel's own cooler is perfect for the TDP rating of the processor. As such, unless you are into extreme overclocking, there is no need to change the stock cooler. Aftermarket fancy shape coolers aren't worth the money (in most cases) and the small difference in temps is hyped up to be more than it is.

Just make sure that the thermal interface material (paste/pad) is applied correctly and has had time to settle in. Run a couple Prime 95 sessions of 2-5 minutes duration in successively increasing durations.

^ Doubled..

Intel stock coolers are capable of lot of cooling and the new thermal design fans aadjust speed according to the temp of cpu. these processors can easily work on 60C for upto 10 years non stop. even 70C is a tolerable load.

instead of cpu cooler.. install a 250rs 90mm slow rpm fan inside casing, on front and back , to improve flow of hot air in the casing.

[quote=“Haris_Shahbaz, post:5, topic:22210”]

Yeah 11k only for mobo is too damn high for my budget as I am also planning to buy a cooler master hyper 212 evo cooler for the processor which is arround 4k speaking of which, is this cooler necessary for the CPU or CPU is just fine with stock cooler which comes with it? My old processor got burnt anx my retailer has advised me to replace the cooler from stock to the one I’ve mentioned

[/quote]

As others have also said, the cooler is not necessary at all. Just stick with the stock cooler & buy the better mobo instead, or buy the cheaper mobo & save the rest of the money for other uses, just don’t waste it on an aftermarket cooler especially since you don’t even intend to overclock.

The last temperature I noted was 93C on msi after burner therefore I wanted to know what is the ideal cpu temperature (with load). For mobo I think asus b85-m is just fine

^ 93!!! That's too much for a CPU. It shouldn't be going that high. Is your room temp too high? Is your casing well-ventilated? There has to be a reason for such high temps.

If all is as it should, then i suppose you're gonna have to go for that aftermarket cooler after all... probably a expensive one at that.

Is there a chance of processor burn because the next day while I was playing fifa the pc turned of and didn't start. I thought of that as a motherboard fault as the same thing happened before but the issue resolved when I got the mobo repaired

^ Well according to official statement, it supports maximum operating temperature of 105c... but going above 80c is usually not a good idea. It may not burn per say, but it may seriously reduce the lifespan of your processor.

I guess you should go for that Asus mobo + CM 212 combo afterall. It seems most sensible in your case.

Well for now computer has started but it can be a good as well as a bad sign as starting of computer indicates motherboard is okay so the processor has started showing the problem so for now I'll give rest to the pc and then install four case fans and if they keep the cpu below 70 then I'll postpone the plan for cm212 and if not then I'll buy one

Seems like an airflow, thermal pad/paste and/or fan malfunction issue. Resolve each of the issues one by one.

At high enough temperature, the processor shuts itself down till it cools again so processor will not be damaged.

[quote="Asad, post:14, topic:22210"]

Seems like an airflow, thermal pad/paste and/or fan malfunction issue. Resolve each of the issues one by one.

At high enough temperature, the processor shuts itself down till it cools again so processor will not be damaged.

[/quote]

I'll try all of them. Thnx for helping out @ upsilon, asad & farhan

no any longer disqus just visit nearest computer market and buy a new 1