Need Help, using cablenet, connection prob. if want to use with 2 PC

I am using cable net services of Fariya Net. Recently I bought laptop, my problem is that i am unable to connect to internet using the same cable with my laptop although it shows my network is connected and all FTP sites are running but unable to connect to internet, it gives me username or password error, but when i used it with my PC it runs fine. I dont know whats the problem.

Please Help

How exactly are you connecting to the cablenet? Do you just have one ethernet cable which you switch between desktop and laptop? Or are you using a router?

hmm... lets see fariya net ok dude before you get any help, you really need to tell us

is this a regular cable internet service i.e. like worldcall where you connect your cable to the modem then ethernet/usb to your computer

or desi style cable internet where there is no modem which was common pre worldcall and still common in apartment complex like residences. from the name fariya net it pretty much looks like desi style cable internet to me.

I guess he is having direct Ethernet connection to his computer from the provider.

@halakoo;

- what did you get from the Fariya Net in your home? I mean for the connection which equipment did Fariya Net gave you?

> Only an Ethernet cable like this one

> Or also a Modem some thing this

Following facts should really not be about your internet connection. But just for additional info. would you please answer following questions.

- where and when did you see about "FTP sites are running or some thing" on the laptop?

- what did you try to access from your laptop when it gave an error about username and password?

i am using old desi net cable. i use simple eathernet cable and switch it between my laptop and PC. Problem is that when i connect my cable to laptop it shows the me the connectivity and cable servers on which movies and different games present i can download but i am unable to connect to internet thru my username and password.

But when i switch back the cable to PC it runs fine. one of my friend told me that your PC lan card IP is fixed with your current user name and if u want to run internet on ur laptop u need to get another ID. Is he correct and is their any other way to solve this issue.

Please Help

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i am using old desi net cable. i use simple eathernet cable and switch it between my laptop and PC. Problem is that when i connect my cable to laptop it shows the me the connectivity and cable servers on which movies and different games present i can download but i am unable to connect to internet thru my username and password.

But when i switch back the cable to PC it runs fine. one of my friend told me that your PC lan card IP is fixed with your current user name and if u want to run internet on ur laptop u need to get another ID. Is he correct and is their any other way to solve this issue.

Please Help

[/quote]

mac cloning is solution for that

Check out the IP address assigned to your PC.

Thereafter, assign the same IP address to your Laptop using static IP configuration. If the cable server is not checking MAC IDs for username & password, then it should solve the problem.