Need Help Re: Car AC Gas Filling in Pakistan

Well I got question to ask regarding AC gas fillling in cars in Pakistan, I am someone who is total noob regarding cars mechanically,

Summer is coming so I am about to take my car to Car AC guy for gas recharge, my experience with local car AC guys is by observing them that first they use some sort of air pump to fill regular air then afterwards they use the actual refrigent gas from gas cylender meaning i guess 50% regular air mixed with 50% actual refrigent gas , thus saving actual refirgent gas for themselves.

I searched youtube videos regarding AC gas filling DIY type videos, and none of the videos showed local desi way of fillling it with regular air and then with actual cooling refrigent gas. all the videos shows that they first emptied the whole old AC gas out then filling it 100% with cooling refrigent gas and no mixing of regular air at all.

so my question is are these local desi AC guys are ripping us off by not filling in 100% with actual cooling refrigent gas as it should be. and only filling it 50% with real cooling gas and rest 50% with regular air?

ask such questions on pakwheels

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:, topic:”]

Well I got question to ask regarding AC gas fillling in cars in Pakistan, I am someone who is total noob regarding cars mechanically,

Summer is coming so I am about to take my car to Car AC guy for gas recharge, my experience with local car AC guys is by observing them that first they use some sort of air pumpe to fill regular air then after words they use the actual refrigent gas from gas cylender meaning i guess 50% regular air mixed with 50% actual refrigent gas , thus saving actual refirgent gas for themselves.

I searched youtube videos regarding AC gas filling DIY type videos, and none of the videos showed local desi way of fillling it with regular air and then with actual cooling refrigent gas. all the videos shows that they first emptied the whole old AC gas out then filling it 100% with cooling refrigent gas and no mixing of regular air at all.

so my question is are these local desi AC guys are ripping us off by not filling in 100% with actual cooling refrigent gas as it should be. and only filling it 50% with real cooling gas and rest 50% with regular air?

[/quote]

Yes, they are ripping us off. Typical behavior. Only go to the person (mechanic) who can follow your orders. Then order him to first remove all the gas and fill it with 100% real gas. Clearly tell him what you want and what you do not want. In the end you’ll be paying many times more than regular Pakistani people pay (and at least twice or triple what a Western person will pay) but you’ll get 100% real gas (extra payment for 100% and extra payment to the mechanic because he followed your orders and didn’t robbed you). This is the only way to get work done in Pakistan (corruption at every level make it as “expensive living”).

Ever wonder, why things are too darn expensive in Pakistan when they are too cheap in Western countries? This is the reason, we love corruption. That’s the reason that the product, which is made in China, is more expensive in Pakistan than in USA even when it took many times more money to ship that product to USA, while it is relatively cheaper to ship that product to Pakistan.

I love the way Pakistan works. :)

EDIT:

P.S. You know what is cheaper in Pakistan? If you know me then you’ll guess the answer, that’s right, terrorism. B)

take it to Toyota service center your car has free maintenance insurance by Car dealer for 5 years or for first 0.5 million kilometer