Need Help - My UPS and Battery

Dear Friends

Found this site while searching solution for my problem.

I've an imported UPS and a heavy battery. They were working great till sometime back. What happens is that for some reason my UPS works with all other batteries and Battery works superb with all other UPS. However, when I try to run my UPS on my battery it does not work at all. Really confusing as both the equipments are in excellent condition and they have worked great together for last 7 or 8 months.

I have no idea why is this happening, is there a technical fault or anything. None of the shopkeepers are able to understand this problem, they only insist on selling their items.

If any of you can give some idea on what is happening or any solutions, I would deeply appreciate.

Many thanks.

What type of battery is it?

Your battery might not be able to provide the juice needed to run it.

Thanks, it is Phonix (the largest one). Is it possible what you said? Sorry but I have no idea what the juice is in battery and how come it works with other UPSs?

Well,

Like Asad said, or in other words your battery has become weaker or it is not being charged properly......try changing its electrolyte...it will cost u around 400 PKR or..if its still in warranty its best to ask your vendor to fix this problem.....& the problem could also be of your's UPS because it is not charging the battery efficiently or its charging relay could be damaged.......

thanx

regards

Guys thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Unfortunately my warranty expired a month back or so. What I do not get is how is that the UPS itself works perfect on other batteries and the battery gives hours of back up on other UPSs, so how come they do not work with each other (keeping in mind they worked great till some weeks back).

I went to the vendors and the battery wala checked it and said its absolutely fine and I should get my UPS checked, I went to the UPS repairer and he said my UPS is in great shape I should change my battery - huh? (wasted Rs 1200 - lol ).

But I'll ask him to check my electrolyte, it might be the factor.

Load-shedding Sucks : (

Thanks guys.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I went to the vendors and the battery wala checked it and said its absolutely fine and I should get my UPS checked, I went to the UPS repairer and he said my UPS is in great shape I should change my battery - huh? (wasted Rs 1200 - lol ).

[/quote]

Take both the battery and the ups together to the ups repair guy and ask him to check the combination.

Trust me dude the uneducated battery guy knows nothing to check the battery that is used with UPS, he just know is how to connect a Load Meter & measure the Load current + to check the Specific gravity of the electrolyte solution, (This is an Automobile Battery Check not for UPS Battery), SIR ur battery is perfect.

Ur battery is still Good but just for Automobiles & can serve 1 to 1.5 years in them but not with ur UPS,

hey don't waste ur Money in buying local crappy Batteries go for VRLA AGM or Gel Type Imported Batteries if u can't then exchange ur battery with new one . . .

& Enjoy ur Life

Regards

Engr Asad Hameed

Dear Raza

I did that he says I should replace my battery .. but he cant explain why it works fine on other UPSs : (

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Take both the battery and the ups together to the ups repair guy and ask him to check the combination.

[/quote]

different ups's tend to use varying amounts of amps when running of the battery, your ups might have higher requirements than the other ups's you have checked your battery with. so your battery could possibly be weak.

archim3des has hit nail on the head :), solution: get new one with exchange of this one, u will get better trade-in price coz its working fine with other ups.