Need help in working with VMWare

Salaams!

I ve a wireless router AN1020-25 + Laptop HP540 + Windows 7 operating system

I try to run internet on windows xp on VMWare Workstation. I ve set Ethernet card to NAT so that I may use my Guest OS use Host OS.

But I am unable to configure it.

Can any body help me out, in order to solve this problem.

Please please please

I ve to do a project but I can't configure it due to lack of networking knowledge please do help me.

From personal experience I can tell you that getting networking to work with VMWare can be extremely finicky. Sometimes it'll run perfectly, and at other times it just refuses to behave.

A few tricks I've tried and have proven to help:

- [Not sure if this works on Win 7, but give it a shot]: Go to start -> run -> type 'services.msc' (without quotes) and press enter

- Right-click on the following services and press 'restart': VMWare Agent Service, VMWare Authorization Service, VMWare DHCP Service, VMWare NAT Service

- You can also change your VM's Network Adapter to 'Bridged' and see if it makes any difference.

Now restart your VM and see if that helps.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

- [Not sure if this works on Win 7, but give it a shot]: Go to start -> run -> types ‘services.msc’ (without quotes) and press enter

- Right-click on the following services and press ‘restart’: VMWare Agent Service, VMWare Authorization Service, VMWare DHCP Service, VMWare NAT Serv

[/quote]

Yes! The trick works on Win-7 as well. but only “DHCP Service” and the “Nat Service” is required to be started for NAT and Host-Only Network Type. But yes it’s good to restart all of them for the VMware to get refreshed.

@thesaadi2

I would also suggest using “Bridged Connection” to make your Guest Machine fully available to/from the external network (If not considering to keep it private). In either case, as you are facing trouble with the network internet access, you need to fix that before. So check with the workaround of restarting the services if it helps. otherwise…

Either of the type NAT or Bridged, you select, it should work with the default settings if you haven’t messed them up. if above workaround doesn’t help then try to restore defaults in

VMware > Edit > Virtual Network Editor

Note: if you try to use Bridged Connection, make sure in the Virtual Network Editor that the [VMnet0] is set to “Automatic” or to the “Network Adapter”(which is currently having internet access, which probably should be the wireless adapter in your case).