Need help in choosing TOYATA COROLLA

- To be honest I have never understood how local car market works, even if you walk into toyata official dealership for example some salesman says 2012 is the year of the car and some say 2012 is the model of the car.... i have never understood how they market their cars. so i really need help from people teaching me how the local car market works.

- usually in normal countries ie toyota corolla for year 2012 usually show up in dealerships for sale around in september or october of 2011, like 3 to 4 months before the start of the very year for which the car is intended for.

- in indus toyota website corrola model is still showing the car with 2011 specs, and its 17th of 2012 today.

- i was to buy in november 2011 but people told me to wait till january 2012 since registering new car in 2012 would give higher resale value since car would be counted as 2012 car, which i personally thought was the most stupid way to benchmark car value, as resale always goes with the year of the car by the manufacturer and not by when one register the car with the govt., anyway

- i want to buy toyata corolla in january so would i be getting year 2011 car or 2012 as you can see in the pics two pics below if i buy in january.

- indus toyata is showing this grill below

Altis-Gli-640x480.jpg

- while this pic below shows 2012 corolla being sold all around the world

probably they have not updated website or they maybe keeping left over models for for few more months so they can make people fool and force costumers to buy 2011 model at same early year prices and that is fraud because Toyota is giving them rebate on each left over models so this way dealer can sell quickly old and get new model shipments...this all i am just saying cuz in most 3rd world countries dealers doing this

in normal countries dealers in Q4 move all old inventory to "sister" dealerships moves to rental agencies and sell at low deals so they can make room for new models and get first shipment in Nov

But in your banana country works everything opposite........None authorized dealers get their new model shipment before than authorized dealers if you wanna have 2012 visit them

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:16368”]

probably they have not updated website or they maybe keeping left over models for for few more months so they can make people fool and force costumers to buy 2011 model at same early year prices and that is fraud because Toyota is giving them rebate on each left over models so this way dealer can sell quickly old and get new model shipments…this all i am just saying cuz in most 3rd world countries dealers doing this

in normal countries dealers in Q4 move all old inventory to “sister” dealerships moves to rental agencies and sell at low deals so they can make room for new models and get first shipment in Nov

But in your banana country works everything opposite…None authorized dealers get their new model shipment before than authorized dealers if you wanna have 2012 visit them

[/quote]

yup surely banana country bsuiness way…

- finally i placed an order for toyota altis and delivery date is is by the end of the march 2012, lucky for me its altis which has the least delivery time since demand is low if it was gli which is fastest selling then wait could have gone for more than 4 to 5 months.

- had as an extended conversation with the guy who handled the sale, and got little friendly with the guy since by chance he came out to be very well informed due to the fact he used to be car salesman in qatar for 5 years or so selling real cars unlike striipped down corrolas in pakistan, i was like dude WTF you doing here then then selling tin cars??? he was like i came back due to the family reason, so i didn’t feel appropriate asking further personal questions. and then i stayed on the topic of business in hand.

- info acquired by this firendly very well informed sales guy,… pakistani toyota assembling company the “indus” guys doesn’t follow standard international releases of toyota cars by the year, instead what they want to sell in pakistan then that the toyota car is for that year irrespective if thats 3 years old specification car,

- for example they sold year 2011 car in 2011 and they are selling the same year 2011 car as year 2012 car which i just bought, while internationally real year 2012 toyota corollas are being sold.

- local assembler keep low inventory overhead so your car is only assembled when you place the order for the car, not like other countires where you could just go pick up car from the dealership lot and be on the road same day, only delay would come due to if one customize the car with options only and that would be of no more than week or so. in a way i think the indus company saves money on borrowing money from the bank and dom’t have to pay interest since money for the care is collected before hand even when doesn’t exist and is built with customers money instead of borrowed money…

- to give you the easiest example its like you walk into the grocery store and you want to buy a shezan tomato ketchup bottle then the gorcery store intead of giving you the bottle from the stock he already have on the shelf, he telll you looks place an order for the shezan ketchup and i’ll get you the bottle in 2 months, he shows you the glossy brochure of shezan ketchup and takes 120 rupees for the big bottle then forward your order to the shezan company when shezan recieves your order from the grocery store then the shezan company buys tomatoes from from farmer and glass bottle from the bottle company etc then prepare ketchup in two months and deliver it to grocery store where you can go pick up your ketchup… d-amn man you learn everyday new thing in pakistan,

Altis is infinitely greater than Gli, any day, any time! Those Indus idiotics are just exploiting people by charging above 15 lac for crap Gli.

Kamran why would you even buy a Pakistani assembled car? You see in Pakistan they make teen dabba junk. Real people don't buy Pakistani junk - they import!

satire alert!

what laws are there for importing car into Pakistan for an individuals?

What about those JDM spec imported vehicles? Considering the recent price hike by Indus Motor Company, won't it be better to get one of those rather than locally assembled cars?

^The "real" JDM cars are touchling sky limits as well. Good JDM cards(sedans) such as Axio has the price tag of 2 million. Even Belta is touching 13-14 lac now(same as City). No doubt they are better than teen dabba selling out like hot cakes here but again, I will prefer BRAND NEW CAR when I am spending round about 2 million!

Apart from the current discussion...I too have concerns over the New model introduction in Pakistan. Like right now the choice of car for my family is Swift DLX. But regardless of its popularity, no expected news about its 2012 release.

On paper, the Chevrolet Cruze beats all locally manufactured 'teen dabba' cars when considering the features but it costs a tad above 2.5 million. The Elantra and Cruze have beaten Corolla and Civic in the US. The Civic and Cruze's 2.4l variants are possibly good options too but neither are available here. If it were being assembled locally, it would be comparable in price to the Corolla and Civic top-end variants.

I wonder if Nexus Automobiles have any plans for starting a production/assembly line for it here. IIRC, they did assemble the Joy (or was it Spark?) locally some time back.

The companies are running away from here. So to be frank, I do not see any automobile investing here. Even Deewan Motors(the ones who introduced Santro here) ruined due to monoply of big-wigs over here and Santro way way better if compared to the other cars of its league. I was reading somewhere that even Honda is hesitant to launch new model in Pakistan due to the fact that it will cost round about 2.4 million for 1.8L and Civic with this price tag would certainly find problems to penetrate into the market.

in my opinion KIA / Hyundai will be the new Toyota/Honda/Nissans in coming few year..BUT Pakistanis will stick to corolla and suzuki cuntuls

[quote=“dogarsahab, post:11, topic:16368”]

Even Deewan Motors(the ones who introduced Santro here) ruined due to monoply of big-wigs over here and Santro way way better if compared to the other cars of its league.
[/quote]

I thought it was about them being cash strapped and there being some family feud…?

Santro was a good car.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
I was reading somewhere that even Honda is hesitant to launch new model in Pakistan due to the fact that it will cost round about 2.4 million for 1.8L and Civic with this price tag would certainly find problems to penetrate into the market.
[/quote]

New model, as in, the Civic 2012? That one leaves a lot to be desired in the looks department. <_<

The best governmental policy for the sake of citizens would be to lower duties and any other taxes on imports but I doubt that will happen any time soon. -_- It would be a kick in the rear for Honda Atlas, Indus Motors and Pak Suzuki. They are, each of them, a mafia in their own right. :mellow:

[quote=“armada, post:12, topic:16368”]

in my opinion KIA / Hyundai will be the new Toyota/Honda/Nissans in coming few year…BUT Pakistanis will stick to corolla and suzuki cuntuls

[/quote]

The ‘resale’ crowd will never buy anything other than a Suzuki or a Toyota. That is why both Pak Suzuki and Indus Motors, among others, keep selling their junk without any significant improvement or design innovation.

^Exactly.

I feel nothing but pity at people of the country where they buy CULTUS just for resale. Budget of 10 lac and one MUST go for a JDM because only PakSuzuki caters to buyers of this range and even word "crap" falls short to describe the quality of their cars. The maha-crap Mehran is touching around 6 lac. My Goodness!

[quote=“dogarsahab, post:15, topic:16368”]

The maha-crap Mehran is touching around 6 lac. My Goodness!
[/quote]

jawdrop.gif

They do this because the consumer allows them this much latitude.

[quote=“Asad, post:16, topic:16368”]

jawdrop.gif

They do this because the consumer allows them this much latitude.

[/quote]

and surprisingly its been purchased zero meter as well as been promoted by the Khadema Alla’s yellow cab scheme…I highly doubt that Pak suzuki has great influence in govt. they literally are the market setters, they are one of the reasons for Dewan motors to shut down…Could you imagine Hyundai literally failed…Last Santro Executive was produced in 2008…

we only have Pak Suzuki, Honda and Toyota…does it mean that pakis have bad taste in cars or is it some scumbags sitting in govt. not letting it happen to us…I mean we don’t have decent choice in a 10lac budget…In India its hell of a auto-mobile industry… Volkswagen, FIAT, Peugeot, Ford, Chevrolet, Tata etc…

There's a reason for that. India' Govt. is much smarter and gives priority to their national interests much more than our typical good for nothing pakistani government. Every automobile company u see in India has established their own complete manufacturing & assembly plant before they were even allowed to sell their products. Since I'm in the same business myself, I can tell you most of the taxes collected by our Government for the auto mobiles goes directly into their pockets. In india, the same taxes are used to subsidize the cars prices, thus making them more accessible to the general public. Same is the case with motocycles. In under 50k, you can buy a better motorcycle than our 1.25 lakh Honda 125 "Deluxe" model bike, that too in 150CC+.

[quote=“Asad, post:13, topic:16368”]

New model, as in, the Civic 2012? That one leaves a lot to be desired in the looks department. <_<

[/quote]

Well, in pics, it looks far inferior to the one which is present at the moment. But this was what people said when Civic Reborn came to replace the Eagle Eye model and see how it has become the most coveted Civic model. It’s been almost 6 years and Honda has not changed even a single thing in their ongoing Civic model.

Personally I feel Government wants to take sedans out of reach of mediocres to have some control on chronic CNG problem. I literally have seen huge number of Corolla, (previous models of) City owners to line up on CNG stations. For me that’s a disgrace, if you can spend 1.5+ million on a car, you must have the capability to afford petrol.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:17, topic:16368”]

and surprisingly its been purchased zero meter as well as been promoted by the Khadema Alla’s yellow cab scheme…I highly doubt that Pak suzuki has great influence in govt. they literally are the market setters, they are one of the reasons for Dewan motors to shut down…Could you imagine Hyundai literally failed…Last Santro Executive was produced in 2008…

we only have Pak Suzuki, Honda and Toyota…does it mean that pakis have bad taste in cars or is it some scumbags sitting in govt. not letting it happen to us…I mean we don’t have decent choice in a 10lac budget…In India its hell of a auto-mobile industry… Volkswagen, FIAT, Peugeot, Ford, Chevrolet, Tata etc…

[/quote]

This is because Pakistanis can’t afford cars so, no decent industry for it. (not talking about elite class). Visit some village, there you will see only ‘‘Khota Corolla’’ in streets and on roads, one or two passing cars every 5 or 10 minutes. All the cars in Pakistan, 80 % of them are the part of 8 big cities of Pakistan including Capital. This is why traffic jam is the problem of mostly big cities.

(Yellow cab scheme is flop once again. In today’s newspaper, I have read that people who were allotted these cars have secured them in garages and porches of homes for future so that when this government is over, they could paint them and start using them for their residential purposes. How grateful this nation is!)