Need help for buying a laptop

Okey guys im looking for a laptop, Im particularly interested in the Dell Studio 1537, It looks pretty cool but im not quite sure so i want your opinion.

Here's basically what i need:

1. Must look cool :P

2. Atleast a 14 inch screen

3. Good for playing games like PES/Fifa (I dont do much gaming on PC anyway but i like playing PES/Fifa and a couple of other games occasionally)

4. Decent battery time

5. And obviously, The other stuff which goes without saying like WiFi, DvdRw, decent web cam etc

And also, The only problem that i have with the Dell Studio 1537 is that its got Vista and i prefer XP. Im not a big fan of Vista, Plus i think it would be a headache to get all the patches and everything to get the pirated software work on vista (right?).

^budget....????

Oh sorry didnt mention that. 50-60 somewhere around that.

I really like the Dell Studio 1537.. Looks great, and nice features for its price.

i own Studio 1535, nd i love it.

here r my answers to your questions.

1. Must look cool tongue

yea it is cool, available in Some colors and styles.

2. At least a 14 inch screen

Screen size is optional as well. you can get one with 17 inches too.

3. Good for playing games like PES/Fifa

i am not fund of games, but i have tried Cricket 2007 only and it works fine with it.

4. Decent battery time

battery is also optional. I recommend you should get one 9 cell or 12 cell battery. mine isi 9 cell and it last for more then 4 hours with full brightness and performance,

5. And obviously, The other stuff which goes without saying like WiFi, DvdRw, decent web cam etc

yea mine has all the things.

(mine is 1535, one thing is really bad about dell laptops is The internal sound speaker is too low. so you have to connect external USB speakers. otherwise this thing is so good. i m using 1535 since 4 months and im still happy with it.)

All the best.

Oh thanks, And can you tell me from where you bought it and for how much?

I like the XPS series but they are too expensive so i think ill have to settle for Dell Studio.

Oh and a couple of other questions.

Where can i buy dell laptops in karachi?

And secondly, Whats a refurbished laptop and is it worth buying the refurbished item?

^NO. dont buy refurbished laptops. it is a repaired/restored, already used laptop. if u want to use it heavy duty, buy a new one.

you can buy from jogi's if ur in karachi.

Oh thanks for the reply. Jogis are overpriced i heard?

Anyway ive settled on this laptop:

Dell Studio 1737

http://www.laptopcity.com.pk/products_detail.php?catID=3&prodID=366

Its 62,000 Rs on that website but that website is of a shop in Faisalabad i think.

Any idea where i should go in karachi to find this laptop or other laptops of Dell Studio 17 and 15 series?

^check sundays classified dawn yaar. why not try galaxy.com.pk btw??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^check sundays classified dawn yaar. why not try galaxy.com.pk btw??
[/quote]

They havent got the studio series, I think they have one studio 15 but its refurbished

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Oh thanks, And can you tell me from where you bought it and for how much?

I like the XPS series but they are too expensive so i think ill have to settle for Dell Studio.

[/quote]

i got mine from Atech Rawalpindi saddar.

in 67K about 4 months ago. (26 Feb)

a little specification.

core2due 2.0 , 4GB ram, 15" screen, 9 cell betterry etc