Need help choosing a budget laptop

I'm majoring in Computer Science and I'm currently in my freshmen year. I need a laptop for my university assignments. Nothing fancy or high-end; I'll be using it for coding, running MS Office and watching movies. I found Lenove B5080 which costs around 30k. Is this good enough? Can I still go cheaper? Remember that I need something that'll last me for the next four years of college.

Depending on your usage and software to be used, you might need to bump RAM up to 8GB. However, that can be done later if and when funds are available. Rest everything seems sufficient, if a bit slow.

To go cheaper, you might need to look into used notebooks.

Get a lenovo, you will live a peaceful life

If I were you, I would go for a used (Lenovo) Thinkpad T Series laptop which is -- like the laptops in Thinkpad X series -- very sturdy and reliable. However, there is no shashka and style ;-)

Depending on the specification and condition, the T510 or T520 (15" screen; 2nd generation Intel Core i processor) is usually available between 18,000 and 24,000 in Karachi (Regal, Techno, etc.). As the base model comes with only 4 GB RAM, it is recommended that it is maxed to 8 or 16 GB -- check specs at http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Hardware_Specifications

Lenovo actually are more durable than Dell or hp for same specs.. probably due to better build quality from one of the largest manufacturers of laptops.

I teach computer science and specs are fine. Not sure if i will be good enough for next 4 years though. Laptop should easily last for 4 years.

[quote=“forum, post:6, topic:22299”]

I teach computer science and specs are fine. Not sure if i will be good enough for next 4 years though. Laptop should easily last for 4 years.

[/quote]

How’s this?