Need Guidance: PTCL Smart TV or other service?

plzz tell me which one is best

dish tv2 @ Rs.6500/- + 6 month free

sun tv @ Rs.6000/-

tata sky @ Rs.6000/-

or ptcl smart tv? @Rs.10,000/- + monthly 300/-

If u r interested in Pakistani Channels then TATASKY and DISHTV is not the right choice as they dont show Pakistani Channels.

No comparison between Indian DTH services and Pakistani Smart TV.

As shoxee said Indian DTH operators dont show any Pakistani channel. Smart TV shows all the Pakistani channels available plus few Indian ones.

Its up to you what you want to watch. So dont look for the price.

dont go for ptcl smart tv its really crap

they only offer program guide to there own channels now epg for channels

time shift tv dont work when u need it

plus its facing network congestion issue even ur line is perfect it dont work good

slow channel changing

they said we offer 125 channels of which 7 to 8 r not working since 3 months and rest 10 to 15 crap channels and rest 40 to 50 news channels

so dont go for ptcl

rest tatasky and sun tv are expensive in monthly charges go for dish tv they give good channels and less monthly charges 400 max with all major channels plus for pakistani channels u can install and free to air dish which cost max 4000 with every thing

u can use a big dish for both dish tv and pakistani channels

How's Dish TV cheaper than Sun TV? Isn't Sun TV like ~400 / month?

sun tv dont offer that much channels as compare to dish tv

dish tv is cheapest one as compare to all dth in india

thenx but not got the xat ans of my qstn.

you should buy dish tv thats the best choice they are offering free hd channels as well now days .....and u can recharge from ur credit card as well

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

thenx but not got the xat ans of my qstn.
[/quote]

So i guess you dont care about channels but price? Then go for Dish TV as aleena said. Its cheap and available in every electronics shop :)

@aleena, they do offer HD channels for free now but for that you need a HD receiver which currently isn’t available in Pakistan. But one can watch those channels on pc with a satellite tuner card.

@ shuak hd reciever is available in lahore ...i mean sd dish package and hd its little bit expensive yet...they reduced price in india so i guess it will be available around 10 k soon in lahore currently they selling at 15k

^^^15K :o

its way too expensive bro. and just for 5 HD channels out of which two (Zee TV and Zee Cinema) are just upscale version of SD broadcast. and u can't tune other satellite channels on it. :mad:

anyway wise people won't bother even if it comes to 10K when u can watch those channels in just 5K on your pc.

^^^15K :o

its way too expensive bro. and just for 5 HD channels out of which two (Zee TV and Zee Cinema) are just upscale version of SD broadcast. and u can’t tune other satellite channels on it. :mad:

anyway wise people won’t bother even if it comes to 10K when u can watch those channels in just 5K on your pc.

[/quote]

5k ehh… you got dreambox ?

what is dreambox ???

^ http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/

5k ehh… you got dreambox ?

[/quote]

Nop. I don’t have it now (i had it couple of years ago, a friend mine took it abroad). A satellite tuner card. SkyStar 2

Cost me Rs.4900 back then. Im planning to buy its HD version SkyStar HD 2 but its not available in Pakistan yet.

BTW Dreambox doesn’t cost 5k.

i have 4 mb dsl and dish package how i can share with dreambox and how i can make my server

I am also looking for the digital tv as there is no good cable provider in dha

several reason that i stopped using SUNTV

LNB gets damaged in few months (specially in defence)

cable wires damages

they provide only 50 channels and most of them are regional channels like KTN, KHYBER etc

i think Aleena wala idea isnt bad...

can we get all the pakistani channels on the dish for free??

and whr can we pay the dishtv subscription?

u can get dish tv for free if u get linux based receiver currently i own dish tv set up box and paying to them i have requested my brother to send me a technomate hd receiver and i will get cline from some of my internet friend for dish tv or sun tv as both can be viewable for free by sharing

dreambox are very expensive if u buy original one technimate is way better in quality and its home based company in uk so its cheap as well

u can recharge dish tv online with credit card

but i come to know videocon dth is best now a days it has best package and more channels and pluse u can view pakistani channels on asiasat3s with their stb because that also support fta channels

i forgot to mention videocon is using mpeg 4 technology and its audio and video quality is better than all dth companies in india

But nothing can beat dreambox :-) Buy dm800HD :D