Need for Speed: World Online

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Need for Speed: World Online is the sequel to Need For Speed: Undercover and one of the next installments in the long-running racing video game franchise Need for Speed published by Electronic Arts. This iteration is being co-developed by EA Black Box and EA Singapore. World Online is a free-to-play MMORG (massively multiplayer online racing game), the first MMORG in the Need for Speed series after EA’s Motor City Online. EA marketing manager Keith Munro states that “this Play 4 Free action racing game will give Need for Speed fans the most licensed cars, parts and game modes ever in Need for Speed’s history”. There is now an official teaser, which confirms the presence of the Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Lexus cars, along with the return of the police. The promo image is a Nissan 350Z racing in the Chinatown of Palmont (the city of Need for Speed: Carbon) in mid-day.

In an interview with World Online producer, John Doyle, he mentioned that the European and North American versions of the game will have differences from the Asian one. It was also confirmed that the game will feature the cities of Palmont and Rockport which were featured in Need for Speed: Carbon and Need for Speed: Most Wanted respectively. The cops were confirmed to return as well, together with a co-op and team based cop play.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_speed_world_online

[/quote]

nsf-world-online2.jpg

nsf-world-online1.jpg

Guys IMO, this game is gonna kiss the thunder. Although i dont usually play MMO games, but this one, i have really good expectations for it & am desperately waiting for it. The fact of it being free is fantastic.

What do you think about it?

i think it will rock the world of online racing...

it will create a large of its addicts for sure in a short time.............

and the best part about it is being free...

That s true...!

Classic idea! Coming to rule the gaming world! :)

Lets see how they handle the online components:

.Number of users

.Loading of Maps in short time (its a racing game with faasst cars)

.How races will actually start.

. Can others interfere in the race.

^Yeah there should be a mode to only view races occuring at that time.

Here's the Trailer:

Here's a video from the beta version of the game:

The graphics look good, man!, I'm desperately waiting for it, :D

It's scheduled to release worldwide in fall 2010. :D

Here's the official website: http://nfswo.ea.com.tw/teaser/ check it out!

And yeah, a good news, it will features cities from the previous versions of NFS, that includes Rockport City (Most Wanted's fictional city) & Palmont City (Carbon's fictional city).

2010, the ULTIMATE awaits you! :D

AWESOME!!!!!!

It's gonna be great fun!

Is it releasing for PC?

AWESOME!!!

It’s gonna be great fun!

[/quote]

Definitely!

Is it releasing for PC?
[/quote]

It is only releasing for PC. :D see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_speed_world_online

EA today announced that Need for Speed World, the massively multiplayer online action racing game, will go live on July 20, 2010. Need for Speed World thrusts gamers into an enormous, socially-connected white-knuckleNeed for Speed experience featuring an all-new power-up system and deep RPG style progression.

Beginning July 20th, Need for Speed World will be available as a free client download at world.needforspeed.com. The free client gives gamers a taste of the action with access to all races, pursuits and career progression up to level 10.

Players looking for the ultimate experience can purchase the Need for Speed World Starter Pack which includes a credit for $20 worth of SpeedBoost, full access up to level 50, a bundle assortment of power-ups like Nitrous and Traffic Magnet to help you get started, and an exclusive limited edition vehicle – all for MSRP $20*. Owners of the Starter Pack also get the added benefit of being able to purchase items like power-ups, double XP periods and even rental cars starting at just a few cents.*

Players who pre-order Need for Speed World will have a one-week headstart to the game on July 13th, with increased Rep (XP) gain for the duration of the headstart event and guaranteed access to all upcoming Need for Speed World beta events. Finally, players will also be able to reserve their driver names in advance of the game going live and have VIP status permanently displayed in their driver profile. Pre-orders are available now at the EA Store or at participating digital retailers nationwide.

Need for Speed World brings together best in class action racing with an unparalleled social experience. Players can compete against any one of their friends, family or pick from thousands of top ranked players to challenge in intense online battles and police pursuits across 150 miles of sprawling open world. Need for Speed World combines new content with the most popular cities from Need for Speed Most Wanted andNeed for Speed Carbon to create the biggest, most exciting race world ever released in the Need for Speed universe.

Need for Speed Worldis being developed by Black Box, an Electronic Arts studio.Need for Speed World will be available on July 20, 2010. More information and details on the beta test can be found at the Official Website or follow us on Twitter at NeedforSpeed.

Source: http://www.ea.com/news/need-for-speed-world-races-onto-pcs-this-july

[/quote]

Hmm… looks like it ain’t gonna be completely free… but who cares, we’re the pirates! :D

wow how

Also the name of the game has been changed from "World Online" to "World" only. IMO 1st one was cooler but this one is fine aswell.

NFS World servers will be up and running again from Monday, June 28... Also in this release there are 11 new cars, including the Audi R8 and Nissan 370Z, bringing the total garage to 25. they've also added performance customization packs for every car and increased the number of progression levels to 50... Sounds good

........................July 20 2010........................

Only 20 days to go. :D

Guys get your NFS World now..

http://world.needforspeed.com/

As expected it needs a client software

^

i am downloading mine right now....

2ivlc8y.png

guys i hereby announce this game as one of the most awesome games

i just played it and man the features are soooo awesome ...

i love this game...

Can you play it online?