Need access to CNC for sheet metal cutting in lahore

I need access to a CNC laser, water jet or plasma cutter for precision cutting of sheet metal. Or even just plain CNC router with the drill bit spindle (but has to be low tolerance).

Anyone know of companies/workshops where they have these services?

Thanks.

What is the size of your desired cutout ?

I am not sure about Lahore but I believe that I have seen sheet metal LASER cutting at GTDMC Gujranwala.

http://gtdmc.org.pk/menu_detail.php?menu_id=3

[quote=", post:2, topic:21451"]

What is the size of your desired cutout ?

I am not sure about Lahore but I believe that I have seen sheet metal LASER cutting at GTDMC Gujranwala.

http://gtdmc.org.pk/menu_detail.php?menu_id=3

[/quote]

size is within range of all laser cutters. 1.5-2 ft max length. Do you know of a similar facility in lahore?

thanks for that link.

Any idea how they charge(GTDM)? as in, do they charge per meter of cut or time taken etc...? I have to get around 2 dozen pieces. Also, do you take your sheet metal to them or just tell them what grade/type of metal you want and they get it?

this if for a small hobyist type project. So I would prefer some fabrication shops which normally cater to engineering students for their FYPs....

May I know what you are trying to make and is it a must to do it with MS Sheet? Sorry but I don't know of any such facility in Lahore.

About GTDMC, no idea about how they charge. I never got any work done from them. I do all my modeling work on Plastic LASER cutting machine. You may contact them for a quote based on your CAD layout.

[quote=", post:4, topic:21451"]

I do all my modeling work on Plastic LASER cutting machine.

[/quote]

From where?

Fortunate enough to have my own. 60W CNC CO2 LASER with 900x600 mm bed size.

[quote=", post:4, topic:21451"]

May I know what you are trying to make and is it a must to do it with MS Sheet? Sorry but I don't know of any such facility in Lahore.

About GTDMC, no idea about how they charge. I never got any work done from them. I do all my modeling work on Plastic LASER cutting machine. You may contact them for a quote based on your CAD layout.

[/quote]

I can't think of any other easily and cheaply available material...

Also, a part of the layout has cuts of 2mm width which I obviously can't be made unless the drill bit diameter is 2mm or less. So that's also a problem....as I remember 2mm or less diameter drill bits are usually used for PCB cutting only...So that's the reason I'm prefering laser, plasma or water jet.

Apex engineering, multan road, lahore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=", post:8, topic:21451"]

Apex engineering, multan road, lahore Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

have you ever got anything done from them....?

its a small/tiny project. will they do it?

Got any models of the finished end product?

^ Will take some pics tomorrow and post.

[quote=“zedeneye1, post:7, topic:21451”]

Also, a part of the layout has cuts of 2mm width which I obviously can't be made unless the drill bit diameter is 2mm or less. So that's also a problem....as I remember 2mm or less diameter drill bits are usually used for PCB cutting only...So that's the reason I'm prefering laser, plasma or water jet.

[/quote]

From 1.0mm onwards, drill bits are available in 0.1mm increments. I use 1.8mm, for example with ordinary drill machines. For modeling with CNC Lasercut (plastic), mine has a precision of 0.01mm movement. One possible solution is to mark (engrave) the layout on a plastic CNC Laser cut and then manually make the cuts (or on a vertical milling).

PCB drilling (CNC) use very high speed spindle (around 60,000-150,000 RPM) and use special material drill bits but those are only for FR-4 materials. Those PCB drilling machines can't handle MS sheets.

@zedeneye1: Got any CAD drawings/models of what you want made?

[quote=“Asad, post:13, topic:21451”]

@zedeneye1: Got any CAD drawings/models of what you want made?

[/quote]

It's not that complicated....Its a simple thing, just need the tolerances to get the angles right. And no I don't have the CAD model. But making the CAD model is ~10min job. I can draw a small diagram and the CAD guy will understand...It's quiet simple.

I don't have CAD software with me right now. my laptop is broken. Desktop has linux (no autocad) and linux cad softwares are new to me....

[quote=", post:12, topic:21451"]

From 1.0mm onwards, drill bits are available in 0.1mm increments. I use 1.8mm, for example with ordinary drill machines. For modeling with CNC Lasercut (plastic), mine has a precision of 0.01mm movement. One possible solution is to mark (engrave) the layout on a plastic CNC Laser cut and then manually make the cuts (or on a vertical milling).

PCB drilling (CNC) use very high speed spindle (around 60,000-150,000 RPM) and use special material drill bits but those are only for FR-4 materials. Those PCB drilling machines can't handle MS sheets.

[/quote]

you are talking about the usual CNC machines ? the ones most commonly found? they do have 1mm drill bits? I never knew that and assumed you needed laser, water or plasma for that fine work.

Anyways, someone get me a list of places with CNC machines in lahore.....? plz

On another forum I was told I should check with PCSIR labs (ferozpur road), but I'm not sure...

[quote=", post:11, topic:21451"]

^ Will take some pics tomorrow and post.

[/quote]

Few samples including following materials

1) Cast Acrylic Plastic

2) Thermopore

3) Rexine / Leather (black sample)

4) Cardboard (to make cartons, boxes)

5) Foam (the blue ring)

A DXF or PLT file is needed.

okay back to the original question, does any one know first hand where to get access to a CNC machine in lahore !!! ??

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where to go in lahore for a CNC?