Need a software which can do the following

Hi.

I have a huge collection of songs and its getting pretty hard to manage. I have a song folder in my D drive, and in that Song Folder i have 4-5 different genre's like English, Urdu, Trance, Slow Songs etc etc and then i divide the songs in their folders.

I was wondering, Is there any software which can take the names of the songs and list them on excel? Like so that i can know which songs i have under the folder English, Which are listed under Trance, Which are listed under Slow Songs.. Like that. Is there any software to do that for me?

Thanks !

^Try this! it helped me, what i needed, sort like urs...

http://www.soundtells.com/FileNameConverter/FileNameConverterTrialSetupPC.exe

If you have any queries regarding this , just ask me...

Hope it will help you.. :)

N one thing more...Happy Posting here :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi.

I have a huge collection of songs and its getting pretty hard to manage. I have a song folder in my D drive, and in that Song Folder i have 4-5 different genre’s like English, Urdu, Trance, Slow Songs etc etc and then i divide the songs in their folders.

I was wondering, Is there any software which can take the names of the songs and list them on excel? Like so that i can know which songs i have under the folder English, Which are listed under Trance, Which are listed under Slow Songs… Like that. Is there any software to do that for me?

Thanks !

[/quote]

Have you tried Winamp’s Media Library (it is built-in in Winamp)?

You can dump the file names to a txt file. Not to sure for excel maybe there would be a script for that. For a getting a txt file

1. open command prompt

2. navigate to the desired directory (You need to know basic dos commands like cd foldername etc)

3. once you are in the desired directory just type " DIR>filename.txt "

4. you will get a txt file with the names of all files in the directory.

lol my brother just told me you can just import the text file to excel to get an excel file. huh wasnt that simple lol

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

3. once you are in the desired directory just type " DIR>filename.txt "

4. you will get a txt file with the names of all files in the directory.

[/quote]

wow thats nice, never knew this…

It is batter to make your own list in excel and you can also make link the audio files with the names of songs in excel.