[NBA] Galaxy SII vs Sensation vs 4S vs Galaxy Nexus vs Xperia S

Hi guys.

After browsing various forums, and online reviews etc, I've not yet come to a conclusion. Heck, I've only been lost more :/

So, the choice is broken down to

Samsung Galaxy S II

HTC Sensation

iPhone 4S.

and, possibly the Xperia S

and perhaps, the Galaxy Nexus

The only issue with Sensation and 4S is, two of my cousins have them, and they both are piss disappointed with the battery life. How's that on the SII and the Xperia S? Any better? Or the same league?

A few questions:

- Best build quality? (This is particularly pertaining to the SII. Has Samsung improved their build quality? Is the phone sturdy?)

- Best phone, OUT OF THESE, in your opinion, and why?

- How's the Xperia S? This question is only for those owning, or those who have used it. Any issues etc?

- Is the Xperia S available?

- Any phone better than these mentioned available?

- Specifications wise, I've found that Xperia S and Galaxy Nexus are the top dogs. However, the SII and Sensation/4S seem to be the hot favorites.

- Why to, and more importantly, WHY NOT TO go for each of the options?

Note:

- The better camera etc is not a priority at the moment. I can compromise on the camera, having owned an HD Cam, so that's an added plus. The thing to be

- The budget is not fixed. All these phone are within my reach. You get the rift.. =)

I can answer a few (though I own none :P )

People don't particularly like the S2's build quality cause it feels plasticy, but they say it's a sturdy phone otherwise.

And the Xperia S hasn't been launched yet - in Pakistan or anywhere in the world. (or if it's launched, can you point to a source please?)

Hi, if you replace Sensation with Sensation XE then it will be wonderful choice for you, I've used these phones (excluding Xperia S as it is not launched yet and Galaxy Nexus)

Here are my personal thoughts about them.

But if you ask me again then my next phone is Sony Xperia S for sure, and good news is that Sony announced their latest model few minutes back and hopefully Sony Xperia S will be there in March or start of April

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_mobile_xperia_p_xperia_u_mwc-news-3893.php

But if you cannot wait then go anyone from the list below, all three are just best phones (personal liking disliking are with you)

iPhone 4S (best in design and finishing)

Galaxy S2 (best in display and camera)

Sensation XE (best in usability and music too)

[quote=“abbyb11, post:, topic:”]

Hi guys.

After browsing various forums, and online reviews etc, I’ve not yet come to a conclusion. Heck, I’ve only been lost more :confused:

So, the choice is broken down to

Samsung Galaxy S II

HTC Sensation

iPhone 4S.

and, possibly the Xperia S

and perhaps, the Galaxy Nexus

The only issue with Sensation and 4S is, two of my cousins have them, and they both are piss disappointed with the battery life. How’s that on the SII and the Xperia S? Any better? Or the same league?

A few questions:

- Best build quality? (This is particularly pertaining to the SII. Has Samsung improved their build quality? Is the phone sturdy?)

- Best phone, OUT OF THESE, in your opinion, and why?

- How’s the Xperia S? This question is only for those owning, or those who have used it. Any issues etc?

- Is the Xperia S available?

- Any phone better than these mentioned available?

- Specifications wise, I’ve found that Xperia S and Galaxy Nexus are the top dogs. However, the SII and Sensation/4S seem to be the hot favorites.

- Why to, and more importantly, WHY NOT TO go for each of the options?

Note:

- The better camera etc is not a priority at the moment. I can compromise on the camera, having owned an HD Cam, so that’s an added plus. The thing to be

- The budget is not fixed. All these phone are within my reach. You get the rift… =)

[/quote]

I own a Galaxy S2 which I bought after selling my 4S so I guess I am eligible for a input or two here.

Since you are complaining about the dreadful battery life of sensation and 4S, you will not find galaxy s2 far behind. The battery life is woeful and I find myself charging the phone twice on a few days. But if you disable the 3G/HSDPA data connection its not so bad. But in my opinion 4S still has the best battery life out of the three.

Xperia S as a few people above mentioned is not available yet. And it will be a few weeks before its available in mass market. I personally don’t like xperia line. The design isn’t to my taste and the resale is not so good either.

I was really routing for a Nexus before it came. But didn’t switch over. The reason being Nexus is actually a notch below S2 in a lot of ways. The two advantages that Nexus have over S2 are android ICS which S2 will get during Q1 2012, or you can root your device with a custom ROM and run ICS.

Secondly it has a full hd screen. Which is the only thing better in favor of nexus. The processor / GPU / Camera are all a notch lower than S2. You can check the detailed specs on GSM arena.

Since I was upgrading, I didn’t see the reason for putting in more money for Nexus. But I would incline toward Nexus rather than S2 as its a newer phone. Plus it will be updated to all the newer android OS for next 2 years. Nexus will also be a “pure” android experience without the crap installed by the telecoms.

You should be considering between S2 and Nexus in my humble opinion. A total of 4 of my close friends bought S2 after experiencing it when I bought it mid last year.

Best of luck !!

@Joji, I used Galaxy S2 and I agree 100% to you, as now I'm on Sensation XE, I'm getting average battery time of 28-32 hours- and my display is 40-60%, wifi on all the time- auto sync stays on for gmail, skype, viber and few more applications and according to me battery timing is better than 4S as I used it for a week too :) and in last 6 months, sensation XE is only set that I'm using more than 2 months now :) but next giant is Sony Xperia S (I never like the name Ericsson, not even with Sony as Sony-Ericsson) so my next try will be Xperia S as it was officially announced last night in MWC. And the reason is 720p screen with a hell of 342ppi even more than ratina display, multi touch up to 10 fingers, and a 12 MP camera with both image and video stabilization. So it is definitely better than Galaxy Nexus on the paper and let see what happens next. I hope this phone will be here in Pakistan in a week or two now.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:2, topic:16568”]

And the Xperia S hasn’t been launched yet - in Pakistan or anywhere in the world. (or if it’s launched, can you point to a source please?)

[/quote]

Sony XPERIA S LT26i

http://homeshopping.pk/products/Sony-XPERIA-S-LT26i-in-Pakistan.html

Ouch! 70k!

Fake price at the moment :)

i prefer Samsung Galaxy Sii

After all these deliberations and all, I think the S2 is still a better device (better bang for the buck) compared with the Xperia series. Why?

NOT because of the software/interface (the Xperia is just pretty to look at - Timescape is a wonder), but because of the hardware. The GPU in Samsung (Exynos and/or TI OMAP) processors are better than the Xperia lineup (the CPUs, I've read, are the same - Cortex A9-based) which is based on Snapdragon's - and the Adreno/Snapdragon GPUs are miles behind Samsung's and Texas Instrument's.

And besides, it's more affordable right now. Not that I intend to buy it anytime soon (although if someone is willing to give it to me for free, I wouldn't mind) :D