[quote=“abbyb11, post:, topic:”]
After browsing various forums, and online reviews etc, I’ve not yet come to a conclusion. Heck, I’ve only been lost more
So, the choice is broken down to
Samsung Galaxy S II
and, possibly the Xperia S
and perhaps, the Galaxy Nexus
The only issue with Sensation and 4S is, two of my cousins have them, and they both are piss disappointed with the battery life. How’s that on the SII and the Xperia S? Any better? Or the same league?
A few questions:
- Best build quality? (This is particularly pertaining to the SII. Has Samsung improved their build quality? Is the phone sturdy?)
- Best phone, OUT OF THESE, in your opinion, and why?
- How’s the Xperia S? This question is only for those owning, or those who have used it. Any issues etc?
- Is the Xperia S available?
- Any phone better than these mentioned available?
- Specifications wise, I’ve found that Xperia S and Galaxy Nexus are the top dogs. However, the SII and Sensation/4S seem to be the hot favorites.
- Why to, and more importantly, WHY NOT TO go for each of the options?
- The better camera etc is not a priority at the moment. I can compromise on the camera, having owned an HD Cam, so that’s an added plus. The thing to be
- The budget is not fixed. All these phone are within my reach. You get the rift… =)
I own a Galaxy S2 which I bought after selling my 4S so I guess I am eligible for a input or two here.
Since you are complaining about the dreadful battery life of sensation and 4S, you will not find galaxy s2 far behind. The battery life is woeful and I find myself charging the phone twice on a few days. But if you disable the 3G/HSDPA data connection its not so bad. But in my opinion 4S still has the best battery life out of the three.
Xperia S as a few people above mentioned is not available yet. And it will be a few weeks before its available in mass market. I personally don’t like xperia line. The design isn’t to my taste and the resale is not so good either.
I was really routing for a Nexus before it came. But didn’t switch over. The reason being Nexus is actually a notch below S2 in a lot of ways. The two advantages that Nexus have over S2 are android ICS which S2 will get during Q1 2012, or you can root your device with a custom ROM and run ICS.
Secondly it has a full hd screen. Which is the only thing better in favor of nexus. The processor / GPU / Camera are all a notch lower than S2. You can check the detailed specs on GSM arena.
Since I was upgrading, I didn’t see the reason for putting in more money for Nexus. But I would incline toward Nexus rather than S2 as its a newer phone. Plus it will be updated to all the newer android OS for next 2 years. Nexus will also be a “pure” android experience without the crap installed by the telecoms.
You should be considering between S2 and Nexus in my humble opinion. A total of 4 of my close friends bought S2 after experiencing it when I bought it mid last year.
Best of luck !!