Nayatel TV Channels

I'm surprised why there is no topic on Nayatel TV services here :) Nayatel is no doubt one of the best cable TV providers in Rawalpindi/Islamabad and the only service that is using fibre optic technology. Let me share the list of TV channels.

Analog Channels are as follows:

1. PTV News

2. Express News

3. Duniya News

4. Aaj News

5. Geo News

6, ARY News

7. Waqt News

8. Samaa News

9. News One

10. Dawn News

11. Such News

12. CNBC Pakistan

13. Channel 5

14. City 42

15, KTN News

16. Apna News

17. Khyber News

18. CNN

19. BBC World

20. Fox News

21. Sky News

22, Business Plus

23. Cartoon Network Pakistan

24. Nick Pakistan

25, PTV Sports

26. Ten SPorts

27. ESPN

28. Star Sports

29. Geo Super

30. National Geographic

31. Discovery

32. Animal Planet

33. Nat Geo Adventure

34. ARY Zauq

35. Zaiqa

36. Masala TV

37. Saudi TV 1

38. ARY QTV

39. Urdu 1

40. PTV Home

41. Express Entertainment

42. Geo TV

43. Hum TV

44. ARY Digital

45. A Plus

46. TV One

47. ATV

48. Indus Vision

49. Health TV

50. Star Plus

51. Sony

52. PTV National

53. Apna Channel

54. Rohi TV

55. K2

56. Khyber TV

57. 8XM

58. Vibe

59. Aag TV

60. ARY Musik

61. Play TV

62. Oxygene

63. Channel V Asia (Hong Kong)

64. Style 360 / Hum 2

65. Film World

66. Filmazia

67. NMX2

68. NMX

69. NMX Kids

70. HBO

71. Star Movies

72. Star World

73. AXN

74. Filmax

75. Starlite

NMX, NMX2 and NMX are inhouse channels.

NMX shows Hollywood movies

NMX2 shows English series and Indian movies

NMX Kids shows movies and series for kids (English only).

I will post the list of digital channels later.

List of digital channels.

Some of these channels are also in analog channels list but the quality of these digital channels is much better than the analog ones. For example, picture quality & audio of Geo TV in digital is much better than the Geo TV in analog. Some of these channels have stereo sound as well as option for multi-languages.

1. Geo TV

2. Hum TV

3. Saudi 2

4. Saudi Sunnah TV

5. Peace TV English

6. Peace TV Urdu

7. Iqraa

8. LBC

9. Al-Arabiya

10. MBC Maghreb

11. Dubai TV

12. TRT Turk

13. TV5 Monde

14. Bloomberg

15. Discovery Science

16. Discovery Turbo

17. History Channel

18. TLC

19. Fox Traveler

20. BBC Knowledge

21. BBC World News

22. BBC Entertainment

23. Aljazeera English

24. Aljazeera Arabic

25. CCTV News

26. NHK English

27. Press TV

28. NOW

29. Russia Today

30. DW

31. BBC World

32. Euronews

33. Fashion TV

34. Rotana Music

35. ETC

36. Joo Music

37. Animax

38. Baby TV

39. Abu Dhabi Sports

40. Dubai Sports

41. Neo Sports

42. Neo Prime

43. Star Cricket

44. Ten Sports

45. Ten Action

46. Lotus

47. Filmax

48. Star Movies

49. Star World

50. Fox

51. Fox Movies

52. 9X

53. B4U Movies

54. Zee Cinema

55. Set Max

56. Star Plus

57. Sony TV

58. Sony Pix

59. Warner TV

60. WB Movies

61. 13th Street

62. Zee Studio

63. Zee Cafe

64. HBO

65. HBO 2

66. HBO (from Dialog TV)

67. HBO Comedy

68. HBO Hits

69. HBO Signature

70. HBO Family

71. DIva Universal

72. Cinemax

73. Australia Network

74. NMX (inhouse channel of Nayatel)

The three inhouse channels:

What are Pricing of Nayatel?

[quote=“zed2, post:5, topic:17821”]

What are Pricing of Nayatel?

[/quote]

Monthly sharges for TV are Rs.400. As far as setup cost is concerned, the cost varies if you want to opt for TV only or TV+Internet. They offier two types of ONT devices (ONT is needed as it is fiber optic service):

1. The TV-only ONT costs Rs. 7000 plus Rs. 2000 installation charges. The first 3 months will be free.

2. The TV+Internet ONT costs Rs.24000 plus Rs. 3000 installation charges. The cost of ONT can be paid in installments of upto 2 years (i-e Rs. 2000 per month). So, at minumum, the setup cost of this TV+Internet ONT will be Rs.5000.

Out of the posted list of channels, how many of the channels show Indian/Hindi dramas/songs/movies?

How many channels (out of all channels) make use of the full HD resolution?

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:17821”]

Out of the posted list of channels, how many of the channels show Indian/Hindi dramas/songs/movies?

[/quote]

There are some Indian channels like Zee Cinema, ETC, 9X, B4U Movies, Joo Music, Sony, Star Plus. Apart from them, NMX2 (their inhouse channel) and some Pakistani channels like Film World, Starlite show Indian movies.

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:17821”]

How many channels (out of all channels) make use of the full HD resolution?

[/quote]

None of these are HD channels. A couple of channels (HBO, HBO 2 and HBO Comedy) are in HD from the headend of Nayatel but we don’t get the real HD resolution because the STB (Set-top box) in not HD and supports only MPEG-2. However, Nayatel offers an HD device (for Rs.12,000), that allows to watch 3-4 HD channels. The last time I enquired them about those HD channels, they were HBO Comedy and the others were Discovery & National Geographic channels.

I am using Nayatel HD box.

National Geographic HD, Eurosport HD, another sports channel and an english songs channel were in HD. Total of 4 HD channels. Watching Olympics in HD was fun.

I am interested to know about the sports channels.Are Star Cricket, Neo Cricket and Ten Action working fine ?

I thought these channels were banned in Pakistan :o

[quote=“A_h_m_a_d_17, post:10, topic:17821”]

I am interested to know about the sports channels.Are Star Cricket, Neo Cricket and Ten Action working fine ?

I thought these channels were banned in Pakistan :o

[/quote]

Yes they are working

Not available in Karachi and the only channels that they're missing in their digital lineup are OSN channels such as OSN comedy, First, Movies, and FX, e2 (turkish) etc, otherwise their digital lineup is almost similar to that of SDN in Karachi which currently has 98 channels.

Nayatel seems to be the good option for digital TV service but they are pathetically slow on getting more HD channels. I suppose HD box will be able to deliver all; HD channels+ non HD digital channels? BTW, webcom is way better than the pathetic WorldCall who are offering only 55 digital channels with charges of 800 p.m.

Nayatel is not slow to add any HD channels infact it has not added any HD channel since start of its HD Box services. The four channels they are offering don't have any movies channel.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Seems they've listened to you. They've now added 4 more HD channels, atleast this is what their site says. So now they are offering a total of 8 HD channels.

That's great. Can you please give the list of those 8 channels?

In the list of other digital channels, they have added the following channels too:

1. JimJam

2. Travel Channel

3. CBS Drama

4. CBS Reality

5. Turner Classic Movies

6. SciFi

7. Universal Channel

8. MTV Rocks

They should minimize their Arabic channels. They are more than needed.

^^^^Looks great. CBS Reality and Drama are from Polish package "Orange Polska" i hope they are not in Polish language. what about SciFi and Universal? they are only in Polish & Romanian on satellite. :wacko: They should also add MTV Dance available on the same package.

@atif please post the list of those HD channels.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:18, topic:17821”]

^^^^Looks great. CBS Reality and Drama are from Polish package “Orange Polska” i hope they are not in Polish language. what about SciFi and Universal? they are only in Polish & Romanian on satellite. :wacko: They should also add MTV Dance available on the same package.

@atif please post the list of those HD channels.

[/quote]

These are the HD channels:

HBO HD

HBO 2 HD

HBO COMEDY HD

Euro Sports HD

Trace Sports HD

Trace Music HD

National Geographic HD

Fashion TV HD

I haven't subscribed to Nayatel yet but I visited their office to see what they are offering. May be its just with me but I didn't find the quality good enough to be called a true HD. May be the TV they have in their office is not good enough to show, but picture quality didn't look all that stunning. I frequently download full HD stuff from premium torrent sites and believe me that picture quality is stunning.

One great thing I noticed is the Nayatel's Video On Demand (VOD), they've a huge database of HD movies and I am sure its one of the best if not the best you can get. Movies are well segregated according to genre that helps a great deal while choosing. I must also say the quality of their analog cable is far superior than the crap quality Worldcall or Webcom offer.

I am also enumerating below the information which some might find helpful:

To have a Nayatel cable installed at your premesis, following are the options:

• Buy a triple play Alcatel ONT costing Rs 24,000/- lump sum or buy it with easy installments of Rs 1,000/- per month for two years. You'd get all Nayatel analog channels through this ONT(RF output) for 04 TV sets in Rs 400. So, to get analog cable you need to pay Rs 3000/- installation, Rs 1000/- first monthly installment for ONT and Rs 400/- advance as monthly fee. That totals to Rs, 4400 per month for the first month and subsequently Rs 1000+400 per month for next 23 months ( for analog cable only). After 24 months, pay only Rs 400 per month.
  • For digital cable, Install a digital Set Top Box (STB) for Rs 4500/- in addition to the above. That should make it Rs 4400+4500=8900 per month for the first month and Rs 1400 for next 23 months (for digital cable only)
  • For digital cable+ HD transmission, install an HD Box for Rs 13,000/- in first option. You'd need to pay additional 200 rupees for HD channels. That should make it Rs 4400+200+13000 = 17,600/- per month for the first month and Rs 1600 per month for next 23 months (for digital+ HD cable only). After 24 months, pay Rs 600 per month.
  • You can also buy a "Video Only" ONT for Rs 6500 or 7000 ( I am not sure) and use analog cable with it so this option would cost you Rs 6500+3000(installation charges)+400(monthly cable charges)=9,900/- for the first month and Rs 400 from second month onwards. Add 4500/- for STB in above for digital cable

Please note:

• Installment option is available only on triple play ONT.
  • HD Box works only with triple play ONT
  • Lump sum payments would need to be made to purchase STB or HD Box

Please correct me if you find any discrepancy in information provided above.

do we get both digital and analoge channels together? or have to buy different packages for it? wait, why i am asking you, ima visit the website.