Nadra child registration certificate(crc) and birth certificate is same thing?

hi everyone

nadra child registration certificate(crc) and birth certificate is same thing? and form b.

are all these different names of same document or they infact are different?

Birth certificate is a primary document, which is a report of child birth to the concern UC or Cantonment, which is compulsory for applying CRC at NADRA (Note that B-Form is now renamed as CRC). In future, if passport of a child is required, CRC is a compulsory document.

Form-B was the old document for registering persons under 18 years of age (i.e. persons who could not have a NIC) and in use before NADRA which replaced it with the CRC. One important difference between the two is that NADRA assigns a unique registration number to all the kids on a CRC and the same becomes the CNIC number when a child attains 18 years of age. Currently NADRA also offers a smart CNIC for kids.

A birth certificate is issued by the hospital where the child is born. As far as I know NADRA issues no such document.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

CRC is what we used to call B-Form. And birth certificate is what you get from local municipality when you register a child's birth.