Data GPRS Class 32

HSCSD Yes

EDGE Class 32

3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps

WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UPnP technology

Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP

Infrared port No

USB Yes, v2.0 microUSB

Camera Primary 5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, LED flash, video light

Features Geo-tagging

Video Yes, VGA@30fps

Secondary Yes, VGA@15fps

Features OS Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5

CPU ARM 11 434 MHz processor

Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM

Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML, RSS feeds

Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS, Visual radio; FM transmitter

Games Yes + downloadable

Colors White, Black

GPS Yes, with A-GPS support; Nokia Maps

Java Yes, MIDP 2.1

- Digital compass

- MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+ music player

- WMV/RealVideo/MP4 video player

- TV-out

- Voice command/dial

- Document viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)

- Video and photo editor

- Flash Lite 3

- T9

Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh (BP-4L)

Stand-by Up to 432 h (2G) / 408 h (3G)

Talk time Up to 9 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 6 h (3G)

Music play Up to 40 h

What You Think about this beauty??what will be the price in the pakistani market????

Is it the Iphone killer finally among us???

on mobilezone website , it says PKR. 72,000.00

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What You Think about this beauty??
[/quote]

Nothing Special

what will be the price in the pakistani market???
[/quote]

Rs. 53,000

http://www.whatmobile.com.pk/Nokia_N97

Is it the Iphone killer finally among us???
[/quote]

There are already many iphone & iphone 3g killers available. But when it comes to iphone 3gs, no phone is born yet to be called its killer.

Dude,It supports memory upto 48 GB Whereas IPHONE 3Gs has only 32 GB......It has 5MP Camera IPHONE Only Has 3MP(3.2?)Now tell me how IPHONE 3GS is Superior???Nokia Has also launched the Ovi Store For applications and stuff.....

^ You wont agree with me no matter what i say, so i better dont say anything at all.

This is a great cellphone. N97 has really outraged in terms of memory. I would like to let you know that Cellphones are not ranked on the base of camera and memory only!

It is really a nice phone with bulky look and it is also gents mobile.

but it's not a beauty! this design has been common in N-series.

For I-phone 3g it is like having an apple laptop in your hand with nearly same function, there cant be killer unless someone provide all the functions you have in a laptop!

Over all its a nice phone.

And talking about the title of thread I won't think about it(buying it) it is far much costly for me. ;)

Dude,It supports memory upto 48 GB Whereas IPHONE 3Gs has only 32 GB…It has 5MP Camera IPHONE Only Has 3MP(3.2?)Now tell me how IPHONE 3GS is Superior???Nokia Has also launched the Ovi Store For applications and stuff…
[/quote]

iPhone 3GS is not superior in hardware, it is superior in software. There are loads of apps, and these apps are way more fun than the ones made for symbian. I personally do not like the iPhone that much and if given the chance, I would rather pick N97 over it but I still think that its software is the reason its selling.

Though apple has severly restricted iPhone, once jailbroken it really works good plus the awesome apps and killer accelerometer games reach make it pop out

@Ahmsun

bulky look......?

:/ not to me.. it really looks to me very handy... also not much bulky as comparing iPhone 3GS. and actually N97 weighs 150g and 3GS weighs 135g, not a big difference. and I think it's better if you add 15g for a full hard slide out keyboard.

it is also gents mobile...??

I mostly have seen N97 in ladies hands. and it also suites them too. watched in videos....... :)

For I-phone 3g it is like having an apple laptop in your hand with nearly same function....??

Are you sure... ?? even if you are.... then N97 is more likely to be smart computer.

And talking about the title of thread I won't think about it(buying it) it is far much costly for me......

yep! this is what I think in common :/

--------------------

@osmanzubair658

iPhone 3GS is not superior in hardware.

no! that's not true..

it has storage memory less than N97 but Ram and CPU of 3GS are ahead of N97. and in answer the camera of N97 is far better then 3GS.

this is the main harware what you can compare. and I think both seems equal in total score.

it(iPhone) is superior in software

and if one says that symbian doesn't have softwares variety then he doesn't know actually. the main reason of the popularity of Apple App Store is not that it has thousands of apps and games. but the reason of its popularity is that you find every thing in one place.

in race of quantity Symbian apps are in a big variety if you dont really know. and now it has Ovi Store just like Apple App Store. so it's not going to be far away for Nokia to handle this fact. + there is no restriction like iTunes to be used for data/songs/apps/games in iPhone. (not talking about hack things)

Nokia gives reliability, Apple doesn't.

----------------------

@oram

killer accelerometer games....

N97 has competitively better accelerometer and there is variety of games for it.

and about screen features only Plus point goes to iPhone of its multi-touch capability. N97 unfortunately doesn't support multi-touch.

after studying the whole featuers and comparing the both I'd personally prefer to go for N97. but Ahmsun is right about its cost. :/

^^

Variety of Games ?? ... Does it have NFS, Baseball Slugger, Doodle Jump, Flight Control and Peggle ??

I dont think so, the ovi store is still in its early stages

Not many people in pakistan are going to adopt n97 considering its Price

one of my frend is using this phone and he says it is really a good phone and dashing too but i beleive these phones are not for common use... we need phone with comfortable keypads to do lot od texts :)

@bellskar

What I should have said is iPhone 3GS is not as superior in hardware as it is in software, my bad. iPhone 3GS has more important software changes, its hardware changes except for Ram, Proceessor and Magnetometer are not really important. Overall the hardware in N97 is pretty competitive as its camera is much better and has flash, it has a qwerty keypad and it has a higher resolution. I didnt say app store has more apps, I said their apps are more fun. Meaning the apps they have are mostly games and entertainment stuff but they are of higher quality. There have only been 2 Nokia symbian touchscreen phones i.e 5800 and N97, how many touchscreen games do you think there are for symbian?

^

you can't disagree that Processor and Ram are the most important components in any device. any other component is completely dependent of these two. and that's true that better Camera and a physical hard keyboard are a +point for N97 but they can't give you better performance without a better Processor or Ram.

and iPhone was not born with these apps and games in its hand. and N97 has most of capability to get apps not even in months but in days. and there are already hundreds of decent apps/games are available in Ovi Store. check them there are many of top iPhone apps developers doing their job for N97. and it's very known that the developers of Symbian OS are in great strength than of iPhone developers worldwide. it really make sense that you you will have lot more just in days.

and I already said that in whole, being smart phone and miini computer, in every aspect N97 has a much capability to attract even iPhone users (not the ones who are love in it with no specific reason, and because love is blind)

@oram

my answer to you is in above text. and I am not here to make you like N97 or iPhone. I put the facts down. that's not about it who can understand and who can not

Better buy hp mini or something like that

I`ve bought a black one yesterday and ny first opinion is that the phone is quite slow, but everything works till now...i think it won`t be necessary to update firmware like others do...

i have once bought a n95 when it newly came in market nd one son of ........ snatch from me on gun point after the three days i buyed that after that i never purchased so much costly mobiles nokia 1200 nd rulzzz....

^Me too, After i lost my ku990, 1200 rules! :)

I need to get n900 or this phone second hand from a trusted hand.. pm me if u knw anyone selling it

i'm in isb

^ You could have done with posting it by creating a new topic on Buy/Sell/Trade section, instead of reviving a 2 year old thread.

I need to get n900 or this phone second hand from a trusted hand… pm me if u knw anyone selling it

i’m in isb

[/quote]

keep searching WP