My phone number on TV

I occasionally get calls from ladies (not that I am complaining) because they think my mobile number belongs to ARY Digital. I mean yesterday I got a call from auntie who thought she had dialed Good Morning show number that is shown on ARY. Then I got her call again in the morning today.

A couple of months back I got call from USA from a girl asking "kiya aap girls kay dress design kartay hain". Apparently she saw my number somewhere on TV and thought this is boutique's number.

There is another instance where I got a call from a girl saying "aap ARY say baat kar rahay hain na"

So I am a little curios as to where number is printed/displayed? I thought it might be on some website but Google shows no results. I think they show that phone number on TV so I am asking if anyone has seen that program on ARY and can tell me the number they display on screen? May be it is not my exact number but similar to mine.

It could be the case that some one from your friends or fellows is trying to make fool of you.

Dude, if you don't want the calls, transfer them chicks to me, tell them I'm the ARY guy. :P

P.S. Skip the aunties though. :P

You are receiving calls on cellphone or landline? no channels use mobile numbers they all display landlines no's. So yeh may be some one is trying to make you fool.

maybe someone close wants to check you flirt with ladies or not

Few months back I was receiving wrong SMS alerts from facebook with personal messages inside. A non sense girl entered my phone number in her profile and every of her PM was delivered to me day and night.

[quote=“blogger, post:6, topic:15936”]

Few months back I was receiving wrong SMS alerts from facebook with personal messages inside. A non sense girl entered my phone number in her profile and every of her PM was delivered to me day and night.

[/quote]

keep coming short funny stories its nice to read

TechMan: I will pay you 10k cash for the sim. I am serious :D

On a serious note, check if this sim has been in someone else's use before you got it registered.

[/quote]

Facebook sends sms for mobile actication. May be someone else used your number for confirmation.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:2, topic:15936”]

It could be the case that some one from your friends or fellows is trying to make fool of you.

[/quote]

[quote=", post:4, topic:15936"]

You are receiving calls on cellphone or landline? no channels use mobile numbers they all display landlines no’s. So yeh may be some one is trying to make you fool.

[/quote][quote=“donga420, post:5, topic:15936”]

maybe someone close wants to check you flirt with ladies or not

[/quote]

I am receiving calls on mobile. And no, nobody is making a fool of myself as I am expert in this field (used to do it) and these are genuine calls.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:3, topic:15936”]

Dude, if you don’t want the calls, transfer them chicks to me, tell them I’m the ARY guy. :P

P.S. Skip the aunties though. :P

[/quote]

I am still alive my friend :D

[/quote]

Lucky you!

[quote=“hawker, post:8, topic:15936”]

TechMan: I will pay you 10k cash for the sim. I am serious :D

On a serious note, check if this sim has been in someone else’s use before you got it registered.

[/quote]

Some colleagues in my office are also telling me to sell this sim :D

This sim is with me since 2001 or 2002 I guess and was never used by anybody.

The frequency of calls is very low, like once in a month or once in two months. So my guess is:

1. Either my number is listed on some very obscure location on internet which people rarely access

OR

2. My number is very similar to the ones shown on TV so very few people make mistakes like may be 1 in 1000 people call my number instead of the one shown on TV.

^second point has more worth.

I used to get calls on my land line, "Bank Alfalah? Meray pesay aye?"

First I used to tell them its wrong number but when they didn't stop I changed my reply, "G aye huway hay, lay jao."

[quote=“Imran, post:11, topic:15936”]

^second point has more worth.

I used to get calls on my land line, “Bank Alfalah? Meray pesay aye?”

First I used to tell them its wrong number but when they didn’t stop I changed my reply, “G aye huway hay, lay jao.”

[/quote]

you should ask first their account number pin number and civil ID card number ;)

I don't know what happened after I posted this thread but since last night I have got SMS from 3 different numbers :@

Number 1

Text me aftr inserting you sim

Number 2

I had a little conversation with this person as follows:

Person: helo r u Alia Hira?

Person: Helo aliya

Me: No sexy

Person: Then who?

Me: a man with a dick

Person: Go to hell jahl sala,

Me: haha thanks baby

no reply from that person so I asked

Me: why so serious?

no reply

Number 3:

Hy alia

Hy. tm kya krti ho. which clas u study

Ok I just got a call from one of those numbers. Apparently someone posted an ad on olx and gave my number with girl's name <_<:blink::angry:

I think ad is posted by someone who know me

See, it was a prank. :D

BTW, nice conversation with person 2. :P

:D

[quote=“TechMan, post:14, topic:15936”]

Ok I just got a call from one of those numbers. Apparently someone posted an ad on olx and gave my number with girl’s name <_<:blink::angry:

I think ad is posted by someone who know me

[/quote]

Thats happen when you write your number in bus seats public toilets trees etc, :D or maybe having some cheap friends

[quote=“Upsilon, post:15, topic:15936”]

See, it was a prank. :D

BTW, nice conversation with person 2. :P

[/quote]

Those girls calling was not prank :angry:

Don’t shatter my dreams.

[quote=“Asad, post:16, topic:15936”]

:D

[/quote]

haha!

[quote=“armada, post:17, topic:15936”]

Thats happen when you write your number in bus seats public toilets trees etc, :D or maybe having some cheap friends

[/quote]

If I had to post in toilets then I will do it in female toilets not male ones where you take dump :D

Didn’t check my mobile for a few hours and when I came back there were 4, 5 missed calls from unknown numbers. Then I got another call from some farigh boy looking to chat with Alia :angry:

May be somebody figured out my number here and posted on olx!? :ph34r:

In first post you mentioned a girl mistaking you as some sort of male fashion designer, then later you say someone posted your number on OLX with a girl's name. Confusing? <_<

Anyways you can just ask one of those callers where they got your number from. Mystery solved.

Why not try googling your number?