@40mbps: Google? :-/

Java vs Javascript

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@40mbps: Google? :-/

Java vs Javascript

[/quote]

Thankyou! ^_^

Can you please help me on that too? I am also interested to do computing privately. :)

[/quote]

yaar i have tlk 2 sum ppl but due to my examz havnt got round meetin them or even tlk 2 themin detail if sum thin comes up sure ill tell you…

actually i m in class 9 but thnx anyway

[/quote]

oh yeah sory… my bad… ill edit it…

oh yeah sory… my bad… ill edit it…

[/quote]

its no problem really

ok so O' levels finished now i m serious pressure...... i am a hafiz and i wanted 2 revise my quran by giving a gap of one year 2 my stds. but all my teachrss are advisin not 2 give a gap bcz they say ill forget everythin.... now i must revise my quran at this stage bcz afterwards i wont get a chance. plus then giving a levels in one year ( maths + physics + chm(only till as) ) is a problem.......

so i need sum serious advice.......

ok so O’ levels finished now i m serious pressure… i am a hafiz and i wanted 2 revise my quran by giving a gap of one year 2 my stds. but all my teachrss are advisin not 2 give a gap bcz they say ill forget everythin… now i must revise my quran at this stage bcz afterwards i wont get a chance. plus then giving a levels in one year ( maths + physics + chm(only till as) ) is a problem…

so i need sum serious advice…

[/quote]

No AS is really not that hard if you study from good teachers. A levels i very overrated. A2 is a bit hard but even then if you study from the best teachers, you will get good marks easily. I studied from Naushad (Best physics teacher in karachi) and i got 95% in my A levels in Physics :).

And you’d be suprised to hear that i was terrible at physics, i gave AS paper in June and i think i got 76 or something like that then i decided to give AS paper again in December and i got 91 in AS and then i gave A2 paper in June and i got 95% overall in A Levels.

So if you think about it, its really not that hard but you have to work consistently and you have to study daily and make sure you take tutions from the best teachers.

For A Level maths, go to Aver (Defence) to Sir Shafqat, very good teacher. I got 90 in Maths A levels. I really liked his style of teaching, some people dont but take a couple of trial classes from him if you like him then study from him. The best thing is, he teaches individually and also in classes so if you want to study individually, he can do that for you.

For A Level Physics, Go to Sir Naushad. Very famous teacher in karachi of physics. Teaches at various institutions so you will have to find out about it because he doesnt teach at the center at which i took his classes anymore. But you MUST take classes from him. Physics will be so easy then !!

For A level chemistry i cant recommend as i never studied it.

Oh and, in AS they teach you pretty much from the basics so dont worry O levels will not be applied alot anyway so dont worry about forgetting things.

I wouldn't recommend you skip a year. Time is probably the single most important thing and you live to regret wasting it.

If you're really committed, you can easily spare 1-2 hours a day while doing A levels to revise the Quran.

As for forgetting everything, well that depends on how you studied for your O levels. If you understood everything, then a quick look at the material will trigger your memory, it won't be a problem. A levels builds upon what you learnt in O levels so you'll definitely get a refresher.

And to comment on alamode's advice. It depends on your teachers at school. Tuitions are more a fad than a necessity in most cases. If your teachers at school are decent, you don't need them. Your results depends on how much work YOU are willing to put in, not just your teacher.

to alamode:

i already have teachers to study from they are pretty gud and plus i know them already.....

to sah:

1-2horus wont sign the deal ppl say its doable but it isnt i hav spend most of my life learnin quran and i know for sure it cant b done 1-2 hours of a day (except if you r eceptionaly genius) atleast it is not possible for me i have 2 do one thin at one time to concentrate properly.....

plus i wanted 2 ask that since now i have limited time is it necceary for me 2 take chm till A2 as now i cant even take computing

hey i m getin borin or or summ thin?????

In the end it all depends on your priorities. If reviewing the Quran is more important to you than a year skipped in school, than go ahead. And I think we've already talked about Chemistry being important till the AS level. You won't need it till A2 if you're going for engineering other than than chem eng.

@sk90y

Your choice man. The teachers i told, specially for physics is the best in karachi. I owe my 95% in A levels to that guy.

@sk90y

Your choice man. The teachers i told, specially for physics is the best in karachi. I owe my 95% in A levels to that guy.

[/quote]

Well it was your hard work. Give some credit to yourself :)

Well it was your hard work. Give some credit to yourself :)

[/quote]

Not exactly :P. I think i had 76% in Physics and 67 something like that in Computing in AS level when i gave taking full 1 year. I got A in maths though. So then i decided to give Computing and Physics again in december because i didnt think that i got good enough marks and when i studied from the Sir Naushad (Physics Teacher) he made everything so simple and clear and i got 91 in physics AS and then in A Levels i scored an aggregate of 95 in Physics. So i give alot of credit to that guy.

You can study with any teacher you want, but if you study with Naushad then that is a privilege… The guy has ALOT of attitude and has no hesitation of throwing students out of his class because he has got many, i mean MANY students.

The guy isnt any normal teacher. He buys a new car every 6 months… During my time i saw him come in Lancer, Civic, Accord… etc etc. I mean he only teaches tutions and he has so much money. You can maybe take a guess at how good and successful teacher he is.

I studied 1 year AS on my own which is very easy compared to A2 and i got 76. Then i studied from Naushad, Spent 6 months on AS got 91, spent another 6 on A2 got 95 in AL :D… So you really can see that this teacher is really special.

And yes it was my hard work too, but if i hadnt taken his classes and if i hadnt studied under his guidance and with his notes, i really dont think an A grade would have been possible.

ok i have decided to go with skiping an year for quran but ill be giving P1 and S1 next june then sothat i wont get out of touch withmy studies........

thank you guyz i learned alot from u ppl.

ok i have decided to go with skiping an year for quran but ill be giving P1 and S1 next june then sothat i wont get out of touch withmy studies…

thank you guyz i learned alot from u ppl.

[/quote]

There’s Hafez-Al-Quran exams offered too. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s Hafez-Al-Quran exams offered too. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

yeah i know but its only for brunai

Reviving a dead topic, but can anybody recommend a good place to do a few programming courses? I'm interested in C++ and/or Java to start with... I want certification too because it'll help in future no doubt.

Some others that interest me are PHP (which I know a fair bit of, but a good course would help very much), and Python (which should be left for later I suppose?).

I went through the whole thread but not very thoroughly, so sorry if this has been discussed already!

Reviving a dead topic, but can anybody recommend a good place to do a few programming courses? I’m interested in C++ and/or Java to start with… I want certification too because it’ll help in future no doubt.

Some others that interest me are PHP (which I know a fair bit of, but a good course would help very much), and Python (which should be left for later I suppose?).

I went through the whole thread but not very thoroughly, so sorry if this has been discussed already!

[/quote]

the name of any institude has not been disscussed… though the references to c has been made earlier… i also want to know name of a good institution…