My Motherboard chipset is BOILING!

yar as i stated my mobo chipset is getting very very hot as i use the pc

there are 2 heat sinks on my Mobo and both get very very hot

i cant put my finger on them for more than 5 seconds...

on the other hand my processor and vga card both are at very good tempreture...

any solution for this heating.....??

i was thinking of buying some desi chassis fans and put them on those two heat sinks... howz the idea?

here are my specs http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=576551

yup u better put some small fans on them b4 it's too late

Just apply some prickly heat powder on it :D

@ShoukaT

Use it for benefit. Put frying-pan on it and fry some eggs for breakfast. You can also boil tea on it. Maybe deep fry some french fries. Possibilities are limitless :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yar as i stated my mobo chipset is getting very very hot as i use the pc

there are 2 heat sinks on my Mobo and both get very very hot

i cant put my finger on them for more than 5 seconds…

on the other hand my processor and vga card both are at very good tempreture…

any solution for this heating…??

i was thinking of buying some desi chassis fans and put them on those two heat sinks… howz the idea?

here are my specs http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=576551

[/quote]

If its causing problems like random computer restarts then you should worry about it. Otherwise don’t try to fix what’s not broken. These chips can take a lot of heat. I remember back in the day an amd athlon thunderbird chip could take upto 90c heat!

Actually I think your overclocking the cpu? You may want to bring it down to stock speeds if you want the mobo to run cool.

^

yeah i am overclocking

but the things i am overclocking are not getting heated then y the heck the chipset is worrying about it...

^

yeah i am overclocking

but the things i am overclocking are not getting heated then y the heck the chipset is worrying about it…

[/quote]

You should not over-clock in summer without proper water-cooling. Fans can’t handle 45C room temperature.

In fact, I sometime down-clock my Pentium 4 PCs to extend their life and reduce crashing. However, Core 2 Duo can easily run at normal clock speed.

^

i always keep an eye on tempretures

it never goes above 65 degrees when at full usage...

otherwise always remains below it....

and 65 is not much high ....

^

yeah i am overclocking

but the things i am overclocking are not getting heated then y the heck the chipset is worrying about it…

[/quote]

When you overclock the CPU everything else has to work faster too. The chipset, RAM and sometimes even the PCI and graphics bus if you don’t have a divider in the mobo. So that is one reason why the mobo is getting hot. The second reason is that when CPU gets hotter everything else in the case is affected too.

You should not over-clock in summer without proper water-cooling. Fans can’t handle 45C room temperature.

In fact, I sometime down-clock my Pentium 4 PCs to extend their life and reduce crashing. However, Core 2 Duo can easily run at normal clock speed.

[/quote]

That’s right. You should never overclock a Pentium 4 PC without proper cooling solutions. You can overclock Core2Duos but how much OC they can take varies between different models. I keep mine at 15% overclock in summers without any troubles using just a simple casing with 1x120mm, 2x80mm fans, normal thermal grease, and adequate air flow. However, in winters, I usually go to 25% without requiring any cooling solution. And this is in at normal room temperature without an A/C.

@ShoukaT: The mobo temperature is affected by all sort of overclocks. So if your PC is ‘feeling the heat’, as determined by a proper software/hardware monitor, you should limit the OC to a max of 10%.

Leave it be. Heating of heatsinks is pretty normal.

@ thread starter

why your ram is running on very low bus ?

just 413 MHZ ! and ur processor is of higher bus freq.

why dun u use Arctive Silver 5 (for every thing chipset/procy) Plus a Fan on Chipset ?

@nadeem5476

dude try cpuz

every ram runs at half of its buss speed..