My list of must have free software for Windows

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. Use it, you will be able to play all kinds of formats on your Windows Media Player including DVDs just like DVD players. No more need of installing Real Player or VLC media player or stuffing your PC with different media players to play various formats.

thanks guys, with the help of this post i came to know some new free softwares, but many of them are already in use .... :)

XviD4PSP can encode almost any video format into any other format

For anti-virus: Microsoft Security Essentials. Its FREE. It works great.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

For anti-virus: Microsoft Security Essentials. Its FREE. It works great.
[/quote]

yes its good

Must have antivirus if you have a Genuine Windows

"Microsoft Security Essential"

Microsoft Security Essentials is free only for genuine Windows.

If your PC runs 720p HD videos with lags or slower than Audio then install CoreAVC codes it must have

[quote=“geekcent, post:106, topic:1242”]

Must have antivirus if you have a Genuine Windows

“Microsoft Security Essential”

[/quote]

It’s reason enough to buy windows…

Rainmeter

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Rainmeter is a desktop customization platform. Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gagdgets, or dashboard widgets for the Mac. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and send your tweets to Twitter - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking.
[/quote]

Mozilla Firefox

Ccleaner

Avira atnivirus

As a free Antivirus i recommend "Panda Cloud" as it is efficient and very light as well. It does not slow down your computer with good virus protection. It is not fully free but have almost all features available in freeware version.

As a browser : Chrome.

As a Video player: VLC.

As a rapidshare, hotfile, fileserve and other downloader: Jdownloader is the best of the best.

As a free replacement of Microsoft Office: Libreoffice is the best free office suite.

As a replacement of Adobe Photoshop: Gimp Image Editor is fully free having the same features.

vidalia bundle has became top on my must have list now :P

[quote=“poton12, post:25, topic:1242”]

i m using symantec endpoint protection V11.0…it provides complete security as it is providing antivirus, spyware, adware, email spam, firewall protection etc in a single software!!! its a best freeware protection software for me

[/quote]

is that syantec endpoint protection v11.o freeware ?

or some crake of key can be used

Is Microsoft Security Essentials Any GooD In Protection ? Currently I Have Essets Nod32 Installed In My PC

^No.

AVG Internet Security 2012 is best in my opinion.

7Zip

Klite Mga Codec Pack

Klite Mega Convrter Pack

Thundrbird Portable

Notepad ++

Sumatra PDF

Firefox Portable

SQL Developer

Apache Tomcat

JBoss

JBoss Developer (JBuilder is good too,but still in its infancy...too buggy)

JDK

JRE

Jasper Reports

XnView

uTorrent

Kega

NoGBA

Pcsx2

ePsx

Picasa

UDK

reanimator

hijackThis

xampp

Joomla

Flashget

LiteStep (For Experts only)

Firefox Extensions:

NoScript

Adblock Plus

Web developer

Firebug

Flashgot

Download em all

All In One Sidebar

Pot player for me is a very good replacement of KMplayer and Its also by the developer of Kmplayer.

Should try pot player its very fast.

FREE facebook and twitter status update Scheduled SMS with data and time SMS API (SMS From your own website) http://www.sendsms.pk send free sms