My list of must have free software for Windows

^ You could try IrfanView. Its free and fairly powerful. Not sure if you can merge two pictures, but try it out.

for uninstallation any program, Revo Uninstaller must be there..I found that extremely useful as it removes the registry keys of that sofware too....

My list: :)

Foxit reader, picasa, utorrent, ccleaner, CDburnerXp,Format Factory,Firefox, Opera, KMPlayer, PCWizard 2008,Seagate Disc Wizard, Shredder(Thunderbird 3.0),7-zip,Openoffice 3.0, sip communicator,

That's the list of softwares I'm using frequently on my laptop.

Is there any software by which we can simply copy paste the video files on a DVD just like we do on writeable CD. Bcz to write on a DVD we have to use Convertxtodvd converter which takes lot of time in converting.

Ok i have done it with Nero.

Here is my list:

Klite-media player

Real alternative Player

VLC Player

Power DVD

Jet Audio

DVD shrink

NOD32 anitivirus or

Kaspersky..

smart simple anti-virus

OFFICE 2007

FOX it - PDF tools kit

Google's Picassa

Rocket dock

PC security or Folder Guard

Mozilla Firefox

Internet Download Manager

Your un-installer

R-studio (for data recovery)

System Info ( a very powerful and handy tool)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Here is my list:

OFFICE 2007

PC security or Folder Guard

[/quote]

r these two free :rolleyes:

Premonisto is the best Compression software ever!

Is there any way to open rar documents without having a same space in Drive C. Bcz if i d/l 3gb document in some other drive, to open it with winrar, i will also require same space in C Drive. I don’t have much space in C drive.
[/quote]

change the temporary folder from options so that it does not extract the files to C:

is there a free alternative to tune up Utilities ?

r these two free :rolleyes:

[/quote]

my bad, I didnt noticed the word ‘free’ on title of topic. But I guess, it still doesnt matters much, since I am using them for free! :P

www.dl4all.com

A sincere effort by sah to start a thread to share the list of free (freeware) software. But alas, things turn into ugly goo of pirated software :(

A useful link,

http://www.techsupportalert.com/

Utorrent (P2P file sharing software)

Wordweb (A very small, but powerful vocabulary tool. must have for everyone who reads article/blogs etc online)

Net meter (A handy application for internet users)

K-Lite codec pack

Magic Disk (Virtual disk creator for .iso .bin etc files)

Winrar

Avast antivirus

Free Download Manager

Google Chrome

After using it, I believe secunia PSI should also be added to the list. Amazing tool.

^ What is it about?

It scans currently installed software for security holes and such and provides the users with links to the developers website where one can download fixes/newer updates. Great really for finding out which software is out of date.

How do i take screenshots :o from my pc ;)

^ press the print screen button and then paste in MS Paint