My hard disk making probs

i have a seagate 80 gb hard with ide

it is not getting detected by system

the system hangs at start up to detect it but after ide detect time out it start windows which is in my other hard drive but the hard is not shown in windows

i mean it is not detected

it is making starnge sounds like tik tik

i opened it as it is a crap hard but has my big music colection

the head was making sounds by moving from start to center and then back to start of disk and thus tik tik sounds

i dont know what the hec.k happened to it

but i can tell you that i usually take this hard of and put it around but never dropped it.....

i dont really understand if it has its firmware prob or physical prob...

do u guys have any idea...

ur hd is corrupt now..means urr gai ha....

sorry to say, but "tik tik" is a classic sign that your media is or almost is corrupted. take it to some hard disk repair guy and ask him to backup your data (its a chance). dont try to get it fix it won't work. me and my brothers 3 hards are corrupted in this way in the past. two of which i took to Hafeez center Lhr.... didn't work....

My hard disks were also making strange noises.. After alot of investigation, it turned out the Power Cables and the Power Supply was faulty which is why they werent working properly.

Media of hdd is damaged and most probably the zero sector is also corrupt due to which it's not being detected. Harddisk dead.

what ever it was already a crap hard as its SMART was showing its fitness to be 0% and i knew it is gona blow any time

i just had a windows vista version and my song colection and nfs underground on it

i ll get the song colection again from my bro

so there aint any big loss....

now i am gona refer to this page [ http://repair4harddisk.org/disassembly_hard_drive.html ] for alota things i can do wid my khrab hard drive

i ll advise all my bros who had lost their hard drive to try the tips on the page once........ :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

now i am gona refer to this page [ http://repair4harddisk.org/disassembly_hard_drive.html ] for alota things i can do wid my khrab hard drive

i ll advise all my bros who had lost their hard drive to try the tips on the page once… :)

[/quote]

i had thrown my corrupt one in a trash can :lol:

^^

u didnt even got the super strong rare earth magitic MAGNETS???

so bad man u shud have taken them out.....

^ its 2yr old story yar......n i was told by ma chachu "this is bekar yar throw it" n i did exactly :lol:

^^

[chorr yar] چھوڑ یار

u didnt even thought of doing an operation......what kind of tech geek are you???

^hahaha i was nikama at that time