Aslam Alikum WR.WB.
After visiting many Pakistani Forums quite after a long time of my return from overseas after job. I have come up to some conclusions About Web Scene Of Pakistan (your view may differ)
- A very small amount of serious webmaster exists in Pakistan
- 95% sites are made for Adsense Only
- Too much pirated content on the websites
- No Team work is seen in the Planning/Creating Websites
- 90% sites/forums are using Nulled Versions (Only WP is using open source version (doing good) and quite a good people here like 'Asd' 'sha' 'slave' Xiadene' and a few others.
- 85% of Pakistani Internet users use internet just for Fun.
- Music has no copyright here.
- Every Sixth internet user is so-called 'webmaster'.
- Blogspot blog is called a site here in Pakistan.
- 65% of websites have been hosted on free servers.
- Hosting companies are doing nothing here just selling the domain and space 'too much flaws in support'
- 40% of Internet users are still surfing (Suffering actually) with dial up connections.
- Creative thinking has no dimensions here.
- 70% sites are banned from Google in their first three weeks of launch.
I am sorry to saying this but its my view. Now What can be done ?
- Team up to build good internet communities
- Say 'NO' to nulled/pirated scripts.
- No more music download site 'listening should be allowed by site by paying copyright to companies and singers'
- Local Webmasters should join and team up for Join Ventures.
- Sites should be focused on content rather than Google Adsense.
Please add more 'thing to do' to build up a green and safer IT environment in IT industry.
Long Live Pray for forums like Wired Pakistan.